Will WoW Classic Affect FFXI Playability?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-07-23 06:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll still be here and won't be trying them.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-07-23 06:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** is WoW!?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-23 06:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
If anything it will impact ffxiv player numbers, which will also be impacted by black desert coming to consoles soon and pso2 is also launching next year to all platforms in the west.
as long as pso2 is a good port and doesnt withhold updates that the japanese have had for years(looking at you PSU...), then Ill be quitting ffxi for a while at least.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-07-23 07:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-07-23 07:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Are many FFXI players going to try this out?

Of the 2300ish people online on Asura when I play in the evening (UK time) I bet about 1200 are afk, 700 are mules, 100 are RMT and there's only really ever 300 people actually online and playing. If 50-100 of those go to WoW Classic the game could be even more dead in EU time?
i will def play it again but casually since il be very busy, for a year and a half, i actually did play in Elysium, / light's hope
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-07-23 07:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
What the *** is WoW!?

EXCUSE ME

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-07-23 08:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was invited to my old guild's Discord and they're already talking about grinding High Warlord again and I feel really bad for them.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-07-23 09:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If all the WOW people leave XI, does that mean we never have to hear the word "toon" again? Because that could be worth it...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-23 10:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

never really been interested in WoW

FFXI much more to my tastes.
[+]
 Shiva.Shizoo
user: Shizoo
By Shiva.Shizoo 2019-07-23 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried almost every mmorpg. I will probably try classic wow too. In the end i will return to ffxi. New ffxiv expansion was not even able to keep my interest for a week for example.
There is no place like vana'diel. It just feels like home.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-23 11:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shizoo said: »
Tried almost every mmorpg. I will probably try classic wow too. In the end i will return to ffxi. New ffxiv expansion was not even able to keep my interest for a week for example.
There is no place like vana'diel. It just feels like home.

That's an addiction. And likely the reality for most people still playing XI to this day.
[+]
By Shizoo 2019-07-23 11:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I like being addicted to ffxi tbh. There is worse stuff then watching your Moogle spin for hours in your Mog House.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-07-23 12:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shizoo said: »
I like being addicted to ffxi tbh. There is worse stuff then watching your Moogle spin for hours in your Mog House.
spinning = winning
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-07-23 12:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

pso2 is also launching next year to all platforms in the west.
God bless. I don't think I've waited this long for any other game, ever.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-07-23 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know but I think FFXI is really old and need some extra quick fix for returning players.

A lot of people think that you get to do stuff with your friends . Unfortunately, the reality is level 1-99 is merely the intro of FFXI, The part where you play solo to learn the basics on the game. It's an awfully long intro for a lot of returnees.

Fortunately, FFXI gave you a bunch of stuff to 'help' you out at lv99 but I think there should be more. The gap between a fresh lv99 player and a mastered, geared player is huge. It's like the difference between lv75 and lv99.

At least a free set of lv119 AF+2 or Ambu+1 gear would be a much better starting point for fresh players.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-07-23 15:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything it will impact ffxiv player numbers, which will also be impacted by black desert coming to consoles soon and pso2 is also launching next year to all platforms in the west.
This.

Not a whole lot of WoW players jumped ship to XI, but very many jumped ship to XIV.

That said, all of the ones I've encountered and had a chance to discuss things with have had one common thread.

They're not interested in Classic WoW, because they feel like they've completely lost trust in Blizzard as a company. Things have changed a lot in the last few years, and players are not happy about it. I'd almost put it as Blizzard's own XIV 1.0 situation, though that does feel like an exaggeration.

Some will jump ship for classic, but I doubt it's as many as people think. Blizzard has been really rubbing their customers the wrong way, as well as losing important developers/directors while overworking their employees.

This isn't about bringing about the good ol' days for WoW players. This is about trust in the company.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-23 16:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wow(and 14) are nothing like 11, they're just rotation hammering and dodging moves.. 11 is easier but at the same time it's much more open and allows variety of strategy

people who like 11 aren't suddenly going to quit because of wow classic, the kind of spergs who love that grind and still play ffxi are already wasting their time on dsp

thread is just starr post #10873108 trying to convince himself that bc he can't enjoy it the game is dying though
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-07-23 16:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

all these threads:
OP:"Is this the end for game?"
replies:"Not really."
OP:"Oh, ok."
wait a week and ask again. repeat.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2019-07-23 16:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Second worst thing about wow clones is the world is completely pointless, you can sit in town and press a button on instance matcher (almost everyone will do this) and be warped into the dungeon when the 20-30 minute is up to make the party (unless you play tank or healer ofc and then it's 5-10 minutes wait). After you complete the dungeon and get your whatever rubbish you did it for, nobody says anything you leave and....you do it again over and over in a cycle till you log off.

Dungeon matcher is better than sitting in towns waiting for shouts, or having to stay in town to try to build a group, when you could instead be out soloing and LFP (in dungeon finder) at the same time. FFXIs archaic system was always mediocre and ham-handed.

Third worst thing about wow clones is constant gear replacement, every 6-12 months or so they bring out new dungeons with new gear that make all your old gear complete garbage. You literally just throw it away (even though you had to put lots of effort to get it) and jump on the treadmill again to get this all new gear and weapons that again will be made obsolete in 6-12 months again. while grinding all this new gear again you KNOW it will be obsolete in the next rotation, after a while this really starts to grind on you and leads to some people quitting when they cba to start again.

It's not that bad when you know it's coming. Nothing in Wow is remotely as hard to get as RMEABC were at their respective launches.

Sixth worst thing about wow clones is they keep wiping the slate clean and making all new content to do, ffxi builds on content and is always in addition to the other stuff. It's always been like that.

I began to wonder if you were trolling here. Especially with the other thing about being able to come back after two years and people still doing Reisen and Ambu.

FFXI is like this because of limited capacity dueto poor foresight, but it's hardly a plus.

Seventh worst thing about wow clones is quest based leveling, with stupid narrative quests you get from an npc that you never read anyway and are almost always the same boring trash over and over, they are really boring but you have to pay attention just enough to where you can't just switch off and nobrain your leveling (which makes it really damn annoying, far worse than mindless grinding of killing monsters for xp). They force you to move locations as and when they tell you, you go where they tell you and do what they say.

Some people like seeing the local area evolve as they quest through its story. Not me, I never cared about STORY, but I'd rather have story than solo grinding. I prefer party grinding above all but Ffxi hasn't been that in 10 years.

FFXI has much slower gameplay and it's less annoying because of that, it's more fun and relaxing to play cause you're not constantly pressing 1,2,3,4,5 or running out of red circles. It's an mmorpg, it's supposed to be more relaxing and goal orientated (whats the point playing a goal orientated game when they keep smashing up the stuff you work towards with constant gear "progression"?), if you want to mash buttons you can play DMC or something.

The world feels real because you have to goto places to do content, instead of just sitting in the afk spot and pressing instance matching.

I mean, it's book-warp/waypoint/whatever. Not like the old days when people would choco out.

A two-step hop is hardly superior than queueing up while in town or while solo-grinding.

FFXI servers have communities, even if it's "oh that guy is a potato", "that guy is a real troll" or "that person is a really good player who makes good groups" or "that person is nice", you really get none of that outside of your guilds on other games because most people do content in instances and don't really need to walk around the worlds.

FFXI's sense of community is more a thing of nostalgia. Most players aren't walking anywhere either and most content for the past 5 years has been instanced, or effectively so with participation-tags.

Your post seems like a lot of comparing what Ffxi Was to what WoW is, and what its clones copy.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-07-23 16:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the day SE pulls the plug on all of our toons?

/endsarcasm
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2019-07-23 17:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kireek is being a little generous on his skill rotation for wow. One of my guild members has a mage that is literally named Oneoneonetwo, because that is a standard mage rotation lol. Everything else he said is true. I do go back to play on a private server from time to time, back to a point where there was room for SOME variation, but it is still 98% mindless.

FFXI always made you think about whatever you were doing, even if it was 'kill the 8 delve bosses in 10 mins, cuz lulz.' I always come back to FFXI too, cuz like someone else said, it is like home. Nothing else has had the feeling it gives me. Even now, I've been on a break for a bit, but I still read the forums and stuff, cuz I'm still interested, still care.

I also played classic lvl wow on a private server and it was a lot harder than anything of recent years, but it's still the same limited formula. Your class can only do so much, and if you wanna do something else, you have to roll a new character. FFXI is so dynamic in the way that if you wanna do something else, you can just do it, with a little gear, help, etc.

The only downside to FFXI is that a lot of ppl run 2, 3, 4 characters at once just so content can get done. My LS leader does that, and I don't really know a lot of ppl on my server, so when he's not around it's difficult to get things done. I do wish they would merge a few of the smaller servers so that there could be a decent pool of ppl do do events with, but I know that wont happen. Even so, I do love this game.

Tl;dr FFXI is, and always will be, the best MMO out there.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-07-23 17:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a MMO Scientist to do further research test hypothesis and run a lot of expensive tests. Then we will get back to you in six to eight weeks.
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12