Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 03:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the old thread;
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51255/ambuscade-volume-1-august-2017/

I vaguely remember this being during the "blumageeverygoddamnthing" phase and either trying to stunlock or succeeding in stunlocking them at least partially.

Quote:
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-24 23:12:47

I know it's almost over for this month, but I just need to vent this frustration.

Look, everyone is already joining on blu, *** stun the MNK mobs. Sudden Lunge is already in your magic set, just use the damn spell.

Don't stand there and eat counters like a dipshit. Stun it. Please. For Christs sake.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-08 03:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That was august 2017, so the "triple HP" thing was already a thing, if I recall?

Which means this month should be pretty much the same as back then (unless SE ninja changed something), with the small difference that we probably have slightly better gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 03:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I legit cannot remember when they triple the HP and every string of words I've googled to find it has failed lol.

I was going to manually start searching the updates month by month ffs.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-08 03:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I legit cannot remember when they triple the HP and every string of words I've googled to find it has failed lol.

I was going to manually start searching the updates month by month ffs.

They tripled the HP of Ambu back in March -> May of 2018. I took a break and came back from 1200 HM on VD to 3600. So it was around this time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 03:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So no, their HP was NOT triple yet. If they actually tripled the HP (unlike gigas, lul) they will be "much" more annoying.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-08 03:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Maybe I didn't notice lol. I took a few breaks so might've missed I guess. Guess I was wrong, my bad.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-08 03:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So no, their HP was NOT triple yet. If they actually tripled the HP (unlike gigas, lul) they will be "much" more annoying.
:<
By Ruaumoko 2019-07-08 03:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few rounds after the update.

Songstress loses HP every time one of her Sahagin falls, so go for the Sahagin and not her. Do not bother Silencing her either, if you're doing enough damage with skillchains you'll kill the Sahagin before her Regen helps them back up.

D is fairly simple, everyone charges in and BRD knocks all the Sahagin out. Go for the WHM first so it will Benediction early and not affect your overall time. Then go for the two DRG, they're fairly straightforward. By this point the WHM will have been recalled, just ignore it (once you've slept it again of course) and go for the two MNKs. When the MNKs die the Songstress is either going to be dead or nearly dead, if the latter take out one of the DRG when it's recalled and you'll win.

• Stay in your DT/Hybrid set when fighting the MNKs, or they will *** shred you in seconds.

• On a similar note, don't throw a fit at your tank or other DDs if they lose hate. These Sahagin can all reset the hate they have on a player instantly... Monks + Hate Reset is always fun.

• Skillchain damage is very good here, but a badly timed Spinning Fin (Stun) can stop a Skillchain in it's tracks.

• Dolichenus (Ambuscade Axe) can do some ridonculous damage if Decimation's Fusion is used before a final Light closer.

[+]
By geigei 2019-07-08 06:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a MB strat?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-08 08:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Is there a MB strat?

There will be as soon as you develop it
[+]
By geigei 2019-07-08 09:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
geigei said: »
Is there a MB strat?

There will be as soon as you develop it

I tried dmg sux.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-08 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So normal TP burn set up? Tank needed?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 12:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably still use a tank. But then again RUN is brokenly strong as a DD anyway.

Sorry about your luck again PLDs.

On another note, I can see that everyone is already deathly afraid of this one so for my peeps doin E/N THF is a good idea. First bully will mostly negate a hundred fists. Larceny as well. and as they take massive SC damage, closing a SArudra is one shot territory. Anything that can stun is OP. Blu specifically (because of shadows too). Dnc Drg (maybe Axe wielders) shoulder tackle ain't great, but inner strength is leet against hundred fists.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-07-08 13:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My group was having a terrible time and I'm not sure why.

We went with a couple different set-ups and nothing seemed to work

We were doing D with:

SAM, WAR, COR, GEO, BRD, WHM which seems like it would be the ideal setup. SAM and WAR would just ride DT sets.

We went after the WHM first, but between benediction and curaga, it kept waking the other ones up to the point where they were resisting lullaby. We had a difficult time countering the regen, but we were just spamming WS.

Next we tried having the SAM switch to PLD to better hold the enemies steady, even when they would wake. Didn't help much, as the hate reset ruined solid hate being on the PLD. Plus, we still had the same problem with the the WHM waking all the sahagin up. Even when the WAR was making solo lights with upheaval, the kill speed was still pretty slow. We eventually got the WHM down, but stalled out on the first DRG. WHM respawned. Chaos.

Now, the way we tried this was just me and another dude each 3-boxing, so it was a little janky in that regard, but I feel like with the amount of buffs we have and the gear we have, we should have been able to at least kill 2 of these ***, but we couldn't get past the 1st one before it went to ***.

While RUN might be able to hold them steady and DD a bit better than PLD (I was doing 15k SBs), I don't think it would make THAT much of a difference in terms of killing speed.

And again, this was just difficult. Has anybody tried actually doing the silence mechanic yet?
 Odin.Unzero
Server: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-08 14:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Now, the way we tried this was just me and another dude each 3-boxing

I figured out what was wrong
[+]
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-08 14:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't Sahagins in Mamook count towards Ki?????
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-07-08 14:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Unzero said: »
Now, the way we tried this was just me and another dude each 3-boxing

I figured out what was wrong

Ah, insightful.
By Sieve 2019-07-08 14:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody tried actually doing the silence mechanic yet?

We tried doing normal, drk blu run brd geo whm and then sam cor pld geo brd whm.

And we had the same results, we couldn't kill fast enough.

My geo was finally able to land silence with indi-focus and geo-languor but it only stuck for like 40 seconds. I have idris and lots of magic accuracy.

We did find that we could dispel the normal mobs but I don't know how good we were at keeping on that.

My geo wasn't doing too good at the dispel but the bard seemed to be dispelling fine.

That regen is really tough if nothing is done about it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a straight DPS check. You need stay near the BRD. He's basically a luopon where DT goes up the further you are away. Spamming ws at 1k will get you no where. They take increased SC damage.

RDM is super popular anyway. Just use one. They get double dispels and innundation. GEO isn't supposed to be the one silencing and dispelling everything.

(pick up group)
[+]
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-08 15:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's a good spot for KI? Mamook not working and I reaaaaallly don't want to use a beastcoin every time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 15:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

UNM Charybdis (125) drops you right on top of a group of Sahagin

That's "the" spot
[+]
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-08 15:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

UNM Charybdis (125) drops you right on top of a group of Sahagin

That's "the" spot
Thank you much
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-08 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobs in VD now have 600k~ HP each, that's about 5m dmg to deal in total. They take increased dmg but still, that's quite a high amount. Other ambu bosses only have 1.4m HP in comparison.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-07-08 18:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The mobs seem to get very evasive after a while. Barely hit them even at 1600acc. Any idea how to get them back to normal?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 18:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispel the mambo, lol.
[+]
By Sieve 2019-07-08 18:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you keeping them dispelled? I think the main boss stands in the middle and sings to them.
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-07-09 01:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody doing anything about the manta mob in VD ?
By Mozer 2019-07-09 05:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! Trying to solo on easy difficult(NIN in ambu+1 gear) any advice? I can solo VE without problems trying to kill both adds at the same time but how should i go for the 3rd add? Thx in advance!
By geigei 2019-07-09 06:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mozer said: »
any advice?
Make a party.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-07-09 07:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few last night. The key is to stay on top of dispels. Even with finale recast capped, it's still hard to be the only dispel with how fast the main mob casts songs. I found that dispelling as geo/rdm was much easier, as that recast is only a couple seconds. If a geo teams up with a bard it would be easy. I didn't try BRD/RDM though. If there are no resists and you don't have to help cure, that would be ideal. WHM sub isn't needed as there are no debuffs (that you can take off) to worry about.

Other than that, the aura DOT is tough to keep ahead of. I used Requiem/elegy/threnody/nocturne/Dia to hit the 5 debuffs, but couldn't land silence as brd. I don't have an enfeebling set though, so it might be possible.
[+]
First Page 2 3