Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » MACC set or similar to land Silence/dispel
MACC set or similar to land Silence/dispel
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2019-06-20 10:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a MACC set or similar to land Silence/dispel on odin fight, is there any set that could do this or is off limit for SMN as far as reaching it?

thanks in advance guys
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-20 10:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot provide you a BiS set, but this is what I currently use, pretty cheap and easy to access it.
Code
	sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] = {main=GrioDebuff, sub="Enki Strap", 
		head="Inyanga Tiara +2", neck="Erra Pendant", ear1="Dignitary's Earring", ear2="Gwati Earring",
		body="Inyanga Jubbah +2", hands="Inyanga Dastanas +2", ring1="Stikini Ring +1", ring2="Kishar Ring",
		back="Aurist's Cape +1", waist="Luminary Sash", legs="Inyanga Shalwar +2", feet="Skaoi Boots"}

It's actually outdated, I have 2x Stikini+1 in my real set now.
Some easy upgrades that come to mind:
1) Ambu staff
2) Ambu grip
3) Ambu cape with +30 macc and INT or MND

As I said I'm sure there's better options but this is pretty solid and quite easy to obtain.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-20 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty close to my set as well, although I use Gada+Ammurapi which I think beats Grio+Enki. Haven't compared it to the ambu weapon/grip.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2019-06-20 12:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Sechs it worked.

Dont have ammu shield yet Perga, will try that set when I get ahold of one, Ty.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-20 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if you wanna use Ammurapi, there'se Maxentius too, can be used by SMN and has a lots of macc.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-20 13:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while since I considered this so I figured I'd go ahead and do some quick napkin math. Note that I'm guessing on some of the MAccSkill conversion values since we don't know what 215 and 250 equate to. I assumed 215 = +108 and 250 = +126.

Gada+Ammurapi: MND+34 MAcc+186 Enfeebling+18

Maxentius+Ammurapi: MND+28 MAcc+204

Grioavolr+Khonsu: MND+39 MAcc+189

Xoanon+Khonsu: MND+20 MAcc+196

It's pretty close but I actually think Gada+Ammu might still be best. Edit: IF you have a maxed Gada or near maxed. If your Gada is mediocre, then other options probably beat it, and they're all pretty close to each other.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-20 14:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda depends on the augs though. Which augs did you assume for Grio and Gada?
Also did you assume Magic acc skill : macc conversion rate to be 2: 1 ?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-20 15:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed max augments (MND+15 MAcc+20 for Gada, MND+20 MAcc+30 for Grio) as mentioned at the end of the post. However, it's not too hard to get really good augments here because you only care about 2 stats. I think I spent about 150 stones on my Gada before I got MND+13 MAcc+20.

Magic Acc Skill conversion is based on this info.

Magic Accuracy Skill +228: Magic Accuracy +115
Magic Accuracy Skill +242: Magic Accuracy +122
Magic Accuracy Skill +255: Magic Accuracy +128
Magic Accuracy Skill +269: Magic Accuracy +135

That info is straight from SE. So yeah it's nearly 2:1 but not exactly. Based on that, I guessed that 215 = +108 and 250 = +126.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-20 16:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite what they stated, it seems to be 1:1, for Elemental Magic at least.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/50782425.html
They are wondering if it could be the same thing for enfeebling but it's harder to test.

I have a Gada with MND+9 MACC+25 but switched to Maxentius since then, not sure if it's the right decision though.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2019-06-20 17:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting that Odin almost certainly has a bunch of Resist traits, especially to Silence, beyond an obvious resistance to Dark. With enough Magic Accuracy, Frazzle lands easily and reliably, as does Distract. Third more difficult to land is Dispel, and we all know how much spam is needed to land Silence.

Sechs' set is almost bis, the only obvious improvement would be making a dedicated ambuscade cape with MND and Magic Accuracy. I made it and it's totally worth it, but depending on how much you are on SMN it might not be worth the time/inventory space.

Other swaps would be:
- Psycloth Lappas path D (MND+30 Macc+35 Skill+18 VS MND+38 Macc+45, so probably comparable if not slightly ahead, but they double as Fastcast legs for many jobs and let me put Inyanga legs in storage since I don't play BRD)
- another Stikini +1 instead of Kishar (duration does nothing for Dispel, and even for other buffs 10% duration is probably negligible)

I haven't had a need to Convert during Conduit lately, so I'm going to go /SCH to the next few runs and see if the added skill does something :P
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-06-20 19:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
It's been a while since I considered this so I figured I'd go ahead and do some quick napkin math. Note that I'm guessing on some of the MAccSkill conversion values since we don't know what 215 and 250 equate to. I assumed 215 = +108 and 250 = +126.

Gada+Ammurapi: MND+34 MAcc+186 Enfeebling+18

Maxentius+Ammurapi: MND+28 MAcc+204

Grioavolr+Khonsu: MND+39 MAcc+189

Xoanon+Khonsu: MND+20 MAcc+196

It's pretty close but I actually think Gada+Ammu might still be best. Edit: IF you have a maxed Gada or near maxed. If your Gada is mediocre, then other options probably beat it, and they're all pretty close to each other.
What about murg r15/ ammurapi EDIT OOPS! I shouldnt browse from my phone
By Nariont 2019-06-20 19:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

can smn use murg?
VIP
By Lili 2019-06-20 19:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN cannot use Murgleis ofc. This thread is about enfeebling on SMN.

Anyway, SMN/SCH can land Dispel very easily, it's ridiculous. Definitely worth it, even for non-zerg strategies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Lili 2019-06-20 21:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
dispel is not easily landed on smn/sch with a spell on odin on VD, D you prolly could but not vd I have over 500 enfeeb skill and tons of macc and I still get resisted

I just did 2 runs with a 85% land rate (6 resists out of 40 casts over the 2 runs), without food or macc bubbles. Meanwhile, on smn/rdm the land rate drops noticeably, even with the Idris GEO putting up Indi-Focus.

Jdove said: »
if you want a reliable way to dispel use pavor nocturnus (its almost always works on everything), or on odin Fenrir's lunar roar works wonders it dispels 2 buffs at the same time and odin doesn't resist it atomos is another option
smn's enfeebling is better when you use bp's rather than gimp subjob spells

Blood Pacts are without a doubt nice very effective, but they're behind a 20s timer, Odin is cast-happy.

Granted, if you're doing a conduit burn then you likely have 3 SMN and are spending time to land Silence before zerging. Then you can Silence > SMN dispel x3 > zerg and that's it, but in my runs above we weren't zerging.

Fun fact: PUP automaton Dispel had almost 100% success rate, and automaton was super fast to dispel stuff. Yay pup!

Also, here:
....,,,,!;\n\n\n

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Lili 2019-06-21 00:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude. The set that Sechs posted above, while it fits the label of "best in slot for SMN magic accuracy", is very very far from what would be considered bis on any other jobs. The same identical set set can be worn by a WHM, and it'd be considered entry level at best. It's all stuff that can be gathered casually in a few hours, and all pieces that can be carried over from other jobs. It's only bis on smn because of complete lack of better alternatives.

You do have a point that smn should not be the job responsible for dispels, but if SMN can dispel why shouldn't they? Turns out, it can, and can do so easily with a gearset that is very simple to obtain and that if you play other mage jobs most likely already have.

So yes, SMN/SCH can land Dispel on Odin really easily, by any definition of the word "easy". You're playing Situational Gear: The Game, there's no reason at all to define something as "hard" just because you need a specific gearset to do it, even moreso since there's no weird or unique gear at all in it.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-21 01:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Situational Gear: The Game

Over the years it's gotten some nice expansions; Situational Jobs, Flexible Group Comps, Situational Job-Roles and my favorite: Flexible Fight Difficulty...

And somehow all the expansions mostly stayed relevant, depending on the the situation.
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-06-21 08:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like a slouch having never dispelled on SMN. This thread motivated me to build a solid macc set for SMN. I have a gada, ammapuri, inyanga, af +3 macc set on whm, and most of that transferred to SMN, looking forward to testing it out later.

Thx!
By Nariont 2019-06-21 08:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Enfeeb sets always nice to have, youd be suprised what you can land even if its usually relegated to trash even as /rdm due to the avsurd macc were given compared to older times
By Antisense 2019-06-21 08:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Despite what they stated, it seems to be 1:1, for Elemental Magic at least.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/50782425.html
They are wondering if it could be the same thing for enfeebling but it's harder to test.

I have a Gada with MND+9 MACC+25 but switched to Maxentius since then, not sure if it's the right decision though.

Here is another set of evidence to show the OF magic accuracy skill => magic accuracy conversions/mappings are wrong (same blog)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49832/elemental-skill/#3184584
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-21 09:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SE lied?! How am I not surprised...

Nariont said: »
Enfeeb sets always nice to have, youd be suprised what you can land even if its usually relegated to trash even as /rdm due to the avsurd macc were given compared to older times
This is very true. The GEOs in my LS weep when I land Blind on Maju before them.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-22 11:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda agree that Dispel shouldn't be a SMN's job on Odin especially since a GEO's tends to be totally sufficient, but AM3 for Odin? Really? Ifrit does most of the damage, anyway. I'm not sure what you do to get 3k TP every fight but I bet it's a pain.

Post deleted by User.
By Kainrostecello 2019-06-22 20:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I kinda agree that Dispel shouldn't be a SMN's job on Odin especially since a GEO's tends to be totally sufficient, but AM3 for Odin? Really? Ifrit does most of the damage, anyway. I'm not sure what you do to get 3k TP every fight but I bet it's a pain.

/shrug the old Opo-Opo Necklace and sleep potion trick?

Post deleted by User.