Windower Wont Run The Game?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower wont run the game?
Windower wont run the game?
 Bismarck.Crollion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Crolion
By Bismarck.Crollion 2019-06-11 08:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else get a weird issue this morning? Fire up windower it did a little update, i run my setting login to ffxi then when i click play the windower installer comes up and never loads the gane... last night everything was good today it seems broken.

Running it on windows 10 if anyone else is having the same issue. Yes ive deleted windower and reinstalled it 4+ times now with no luck
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-06-11 09:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you seem to have to run it multiple times before it properly loads pol.exe.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-06-11 09:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the last week or so when i click on the icon, it shows up and gets to 'launching playonline' but gets stuck there. I have to close it and reopen it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-11 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the same thing. I just close it with Task Manager and reopen it.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-06-11 09:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Crollion said: »
Anyone else get a weird issue this morning? Fire up windower it did a little update, i run my setting login to ffxi then when i click play the windower installer comes up and never loads the gane... last night everything was good today it seems broken.

Running it on windows 10 if anyone else is having the same issue. Yes ive deleted windower and reinstalled it 4+ times now with no luck

Just happen this morning I restarted PC all good now.
By DaneBlood 2019-06-11 10:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got this on my laptop a few days ago.

was weird. played something else instead
[+]
 Cerberus.Sedrick
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Sedrick 2019-06-11 11:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had this happen, but today, when playonline starts up, it's making me register it again. asking to make sure I have the latest version of playonline, and making me log in again. This also comes up if I use just the playonline short key instead of windower
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-06-12 09:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem, keep cycling through the windows.

Finally set Enable Connection checking to True and I was able to login. Had to re-add all my credentials.
 Asura.Owns
user: sumo
By Asura.Owns 2019-06-14 08:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is the same issue but, I tried to start up windower this morning, wouldn't fire up. Acted like it was loading up, then died on the spot. No POL or anything. Tried multiple times without success. Uninstalled hoping a fresh installation would work. PC won't seem to take new installation basically shutting it down as it's downloading the add on files. Also tried restarting PC a couple times to no avail. Any suggestions?
 Asura.Pegasespirit
By Asura.Pegasespirit 2019-06-17 18:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem. I have to close Windower and launch it again to make it works + kill the rundll32 process (100% CPU usage)

Here is a copy of my crash log :

[ 4.3.6774.39167 ] 2019-06-17 23:24:01.3878424 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Accès refusé
à Launcher.Injector.Inject(SafeSystemHandle process, String hook, Settings settings, TimeSpan timeout)
à Launcher.Injector.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
à Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
à Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
à Launcher.Core.Run()
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-06-17 19:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55597-Playonline-not-starting-and-causing-heavy-background-CPU-load
[+]
 Asura.Pegasespirit
By Asura.Pegasespirit 2019-06-18 02:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty, I will try that.
Edit: I modified the registry key and it works perfectly. Thx again :)
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-06-24 21:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
the last week or so when i click on the icon, it shows up and gets to 'launching playonline' but gets stuck there. I have to close it and reopen it.
this is happening every time now. I click on windower icon and i it gets to launching pol and stays there. Have to close it and reopen it again. So far, has always come up on the second try.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2019-06-24 21:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

they running win7......... and they wonder why......
By Jetackuu 2019-06-24 21:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with Windows 7, well nothing wrong that isn't outright ignored but hey gotta push the ***OSAAS ***.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-25 06:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of us who keep around an older machine that far exceeds the requirements for something like FFXI choose to run Win7 because its a better choice for that specific machine.

My PC would scream in pain if I tried Win10 on it, but hums along just fine for FFXI and browsing with Win7.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2019-06-25 10:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

well regarding Security.... nothing wrong at all , lol

and Yes win10 works like a charm on older laptop and desktop and if you want an win7 U.I

http://www.classicshell.net can be a free answer
By Jetackuu 2019-06-25 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If your pc loads 7 it can load 10. Also there's a long list of things wrong with 10 that I'm not even going to get into.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-25 14:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
If your pc loads 7 it can load 10. Also there's a long list of things wrong with 10 that I'm not even going to get into.

This is accurate on both counts. There is no valid reason to mock someone for using windows 7, and the choice is largely hardware independant (some newer processors require a third party patch to get updates on windows 7, which would be an exception).

There are tons of valid reasons not to want 10, and they go much deeper than just the UI.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-06-25 14:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, I need to look for a nice 6th gen i5 to keep around.
By Josiahafk 2019-06-29 13:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks that if you want to buy a minecraft realm for example for all your friends to play together cross platform, it’s

Android phones
Apple phones
Xbox one
Switch
And windows 10 only?

Come on, Microsoft.