Interview w/ FFXI Producer Matsui and Director Fujito
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-23 15:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
@Buukki I read that as well, but read it completely differently. Its a lot of talk-around but never do they say "now we're on a 3 year plan" or something like that. They may talk about plans going longer than 1 year at a time, but the funding seems to be still set that way. A lot of fancy talk might look good, but without a hard go-ahead from SE giving them the finacnes for a 3,4 or 5 year window to work with that talk doesn't amount to much.

They said that in the interview a couple months ago. They have been on one year leases the past few years, but now they're approved through the 20th anniversary. And then they went on to say they were still finishing up their plans during a one-year-lease-year so they haven't even been able to start the long term stuff they now have the freedom to do.

Appreciate that clarification. If it truly means starting in 2020 they'll have the developmental freedom to pursue more long-term goals, that alone is some good news in terms of the health of the game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-05-23 18:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Marien said: »
Just kill the game already, I'm an old time addict and this game needs to just go lol

No.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-24 00:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the same avatar:

Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-05-24 09:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good read thank you for sharing.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-24 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Rips said: »
They haven't even put pen to paper on the empy updates and straight out said the content wont be as big as omen or dynamis D.
Shortly after they talk about how expansions would be unlikely because of the resources required, but Addons like the 3 at the end of the 75era are easy because they don't need new resources; having all the areas already in existence.

What I'm saying is that Empy+2/3 smells like CL 130 VW. (already existing areas, just new NPC and dialogue, no new zones like Omen and Divergence has.)

In the last AMA on Reddit, they shot down the idea of clvl Abyssea, and said that they were interested in clvl VoidWatch, so I've not been expecting anything else otherwise since then for Empy+2/+3.

...Just hope they come up with a better damn loot system than that blasted box ._.;;; (I'm hoping for upgrade items = personal loot, and chest = loot pool: gear and crafting mats personally.. Would make the job-locked torture they seem to so adore inflicting upon us easier for them to implement as well. lol)