This month's ambu is a ton of fun
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, melee DD comp. Try it out. Not in any way shape or form optimal, but oh my god, it is the most hilarious ***youll get to do all month with lots of death and recovery from minor *** and watching your friends take the walk of shame to drag the mob away and kill themselves for hitting it a few too many times in boil over. Its utterly great, and a shame ambu is so grindy so fun ***like this is completely overlooked for optimal 2 minute zerg comps.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-05-11 11:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I Melee with my WHM this time?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-11 11:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, meleeing would mean that everyone wipes in one TP move.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 12:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Naw, meleeing would mean that everyone wipes in one TP move.

Which is literally half the fun. Like i said, this isnt the optimal easiest gg instawin strat, its just for shits and giggles. People will die. People will die a lot. But it is *** hilarious and lots of fun.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Can I Melee with my WHM this time?
Would not recommend, as there will be lots of deaths, so need whm to stay safe unless someone else can rez. If youve got a brd or geo sub raise job, sure.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-11 12:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

6 minute kill on melee isn't good that doesn't use SPs? It's a pretty selfish month for a single DD to do all the work. It's an option if you don't want to gamble on having your 45min-1hr SP reset from corsairs or sit and be starved of CCC points or sit in abyssea to witness the second coming of gukumetz camping.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 12:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
6 minute kill on melee isn't good that doesn't use SPs? It's a pretty selfish month for a single DD to do all the work. It's an option if you don't want to gamble on having your 45min-1hr SP reset from corsairs or sit and be starved of CCC points or sit in abyssea to witness the second coming of gukumetz camping.

Its more like a 20-30 min fight with lots of death. Its not a spr srs strat, and we didnt use rema bis jobs with super zerging potential, pop 2hrs and go ham. If youre going to be serious about it, youre already not going to melee this month's ambu and either range it or pet burn it.

Dicking around with non serious melee setups is the most fun ive ever had in any ambuscade thus far.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 12:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeAntsyNikudonKeepo
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-11 13:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just glad your not on asura clogging up the ambu line with this.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-05-11 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Its more like a 20-30 min fight with lots of death. Its not a spr srs strat, and we didnt use rema bis jobs with super zerging potential, pop 2hrs and go ham. If youre going to be serious about it, youre already not going to melee this month's ambu and either range it or pet burn it.

Dicking around with non serious melee setups is the most fun ive ever had in any ambuscade thus far.

It can be done by single melee doing self SC, without dying and way below 10 min.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

If i were on asura id get 10 accs for a month and spam v1 on each char to clog it as much as possible, even afk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 14:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

It can be done by single melee doing self SC, without dying and way below 10 min.

Sure with a bis rema DD whos done this multiple times before. But thats not really fun. Thats just a chore.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course its a chore. That's literally what ambuscade is.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-05-11 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to up your lockstyle game.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-11 14:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

If i were on asura id get 10 accs for a month and spam v1 on each char to clog it as much as possible, even afk.
talk is cheap, Eiryl has 100 accounts and still wont do it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-11 14:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

You need to up your lockstyle game.

Probably. Tbh i really like the whm empy, but people *** at me for being a mnk or a pup with whm empy ;w;
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-05-11 15:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread looks funny to me since I have that idiot blocked. Looks like Age started it and would totally make sense with his comment
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-05-11 16:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, remember when people used to have fun in this game?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 17:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

back before;

Daily login
Daily ROE
Daily/Weekly/Total Ambuscade
Monthly ROE
Monthly AMAN
Daily Mog Garden
Daily Coalitions
Monthly Deeds
Daily Omen
Bi-weekly Divergance
Gain-Money 12 hours a week
Random Augment Generator(s)

It was "fun" when the only thing you had to do was dienamis.(maybe limbus IF you considered that slightly better than a complete waste of time*) I log in today and have an entire list of ***I need to do before I can even start doing anything.

It's no better than a facebook game at this point with hourly checkin to restore your "fatigue"

While they don't force you to do those things, they are purposely intended to make you feel bad when you don't. "oh noes I wasted a canteen, those are cards I can't ever get now /wrists"
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-05-11 19:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

or you can just throw Annihilator Rangers at it until it dies. even if the tank drops because someone mistimes, it is easy enough to recover from and can be tanked while Weakened no sweat. no worrying about Dread Spikes killing you in one multi-attack round, no worrying about shield blocks. it isn't like at least half the people with RNG to 99 don't already have an Annihilator gathering dust anyways.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-05-11 22:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy comes in and says, "Hey, I had fun trying this setup, you oughta try it" and the rest of the thread is just people shitting on him for not bringing an optimal setup

the absolute state of the "community"
By DaneBlood 2019-05-11 23:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Guy comes in and says, "Hey, I had fun trying this setup, you oughta try it" and the rest of the thread is just people shitting on him for not bringing an optimal setup

the absolute state of the "community"

The response is due to his troll like posting in many other post.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-11 23:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

While they don't force you to do those things, they are purposely intended to make you feel bad when you don't. "oh noes I wasted a canteen, those are cards I can't ever get now /wrists"

I totally get this, because it's kept me logged in for months, especially with how much I hate the login process, but it really is a personal mindset you need to get the *** over.

Then I realized I have almost a billion gil and since I'm not RMT I have little to toss it into so...why am I bothering to care about little bits of gil here and there? I do Dynamis, and some daily RoE when I feel like it, but I haven't done Omen in a while and I'm perfectly fine with it. I'll regret it at some point when I run out of my 900~ overflow Omen cards trading them in for some other job I want to upgrade AF for but never play, but I'll deal with that when I get to it.

This game is in retirement mode, it's unhealthy to treat it like a job/requirement at this age. So move into retirement mode too, learn to be casual. It's a hard process, but I think it's important for the types that *NEED* to do everything to learn it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 23:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is when enough people get to that point, they just add something else. Swarts. New synths. A campaign. They keep making you want need to do it.

Like adding empyrean weapon items to login was so underhanded. That ***was/is brilliant.

You can go farm glavoid for days.
You can farm gil for days to pay someone to kill glavoid.
...or you can pay $15 and get all the shells, but it's not rmting, you're just paying for mules that get them for free!

And then adding silver vouchers for all logins but can only be used by 99s. Now that you've got 16 characters to collect those glavoid shells... go ahead and level them up to use these vouchers *rubs hands*
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-11 23:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is when enough people get to that point, they just add something else. Swarts. New synths. They keep making you want need to do it.

Eh I have at least 4 r15 REMA, 750mil, almost all relic+3 done, I'm making REMA for jobs I have no intention of ever seriously playing cause there's nothing else to do, I don't *NEED* to do ***. I'm sticking to twice a week Dynamis to keep a gil source while I toss gil out the window making useless stuff. May even pay out the *** to get Empy+3 first week at overinflated prices just because when that's added. I'm not super interested in joining the RMT game so I am out of things I *NEED* to do.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-12 00:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't work on everyone. There's going to be people smart enough to not care.

They're just chores. There's no penalty, only lack of allowance(reward). Positive reinforcement.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-05-12 00:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

back before;

Daily login
Daily ROE
Daily/Weekly/Total Ambuscade
Monthly ROE
Monthly AMAN
Daily Mog Garden
Daily Coalitions
Monthly Deeds
Daily Omen
Bi-weekly Divergance
Gain-Money 12 hours a week
Random Augment Generator(s)

It was "fun" when the only thing you had to do was dienamis.(maybe limbus IF you considered that slightly better than a complete waste of time*) I log in today and have an entire list of ***I need to do before I can even start doing anything.

It's no better than a facebook game at this point with hourly checkin to restore your "fatigue"

this whole concept isn't new. Coalitions are much easier form of assault tags QoL-nerfed. Thankfully there isn't a medal system in adoulin like older expansions that force you to do reives regularily to keep your perks etc

And ranking up your chocobo back then to a pro bird for racing took just as long as ranking up your garden now and it took more time per day too, if you did it right.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-12 00:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I didn't list every daily chore there ever was lol. Thank *** I quit before and during chocobo breeding. That vorseal will -never- be obtained.

I still don't even have a chocobo license. Never even entered the chocobo circuit either until that 10 point deed event made me feel the need.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-12 00:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I didn't list every daily chore there ever was lol. Thank *** I quit before and during chocobo breeding. That vorseal will -never- be obtained.

I still don't even have a chocobo license. Never even entered the chocobo circuit either until that 10 point deed event made me feel the need.

I have that vorseal. GitGud scrub.
First Page 2