Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-26 11:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Shichishito said: »
wake up folks, SEs intended role for PUP is beeing a tank/damage sponge for pet parties and nothing but pet parties.

... how long have you been playing this game?

Since when does SE INTEND anything?

and even moreso, since when does it matter what SE intends and what players DO?
I mean there's the time SE intended NIN to be a DD...

But then... yea Players said *** that ***.
By Shichishito 2019-02-26 11:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I'd say PLD and RUN still have their place if only because a tank setup for pup really hurts their damage output where as RUN and PLD still have more ability to do damage while tanking. But maybe I'm wrong.

PLDs damage potential is very low and so is RUNs if not superbuffed and equiped towards DDing (at which point its tanking capabilities suffer).

although RUN kinda bypasses the meta with its ability to avoid a lot of debuffs due to high meva (and therefor could be considered overpowered) most tougher mobs usually have a plethora of tools like debuffs or dispels to shut down the tanks DD potential.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-26 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

wake up folks, SEs intended role for PUP is beeing a tank/damage sponge for pet parties and nothing but pet parties.

I'd say right now they intended to make nin useless as ***, and they are doing a bang up job of it.
By Shichishito 2019-02-26 11:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i think at some points they also wanted SAM to tank and that didn't work out either.

it sure took them some time but eventualy they got their way with NIN, i rarely see anyone main tank on NIN these days...
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-26 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say PLD and RUN still have their place if only because a tank setup for pup really hurts their damage output where as RUN and PLD still have more ability to do damage while tanking. But maybe I'm wrong.

PLDs damage potential is very low and so is RUNs if not superbuffed and equiped towards DDing (at which point its tanking capabilities suffer).

although RUN kinda bypasses the meta with its ability to avoid a lot of debuffs due to high meva (and therefor could be considered overpowered) most tougher mobs usually have a plethora of tools like debuffs or dispels to shut down the tanks DD potential.
Yea but you're more likely to have a superbuffed tank since the puppet can only really be directly buffed by COR. Wouldn't RUN and PLD also be on the higher end because they can safely switch to WS gear without the kind of guess work the puppet requires? Less risk of getting 1 shot because you thought your puppet was going to ws and you were out of your DT gear.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-26 11:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Give us a way to deal with Doom and Curse, make Repair with AF feet or Maintenance remove the status! It's not a huge thing but it would be a nice quality of life addition.

We need more DD-focused adjustments from our pets, whether that means new attachments or changes to old ones. Outside of Overdrive none of our autos do enough damage. Black mage in particular is bad; honestly that head needs a total revamp because it's clunky as hell.

Still, I can't complain toor much. I think puppetmaster is in a great place overall. Some adjustments would be nice but I'll be grateful for whatever we get.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
* Tank bot is mostly limited by not being able to do hate moves with too long of cooldowns, if they delinked the Strobe provokes, that'd be nice, plus a foil would be slick.

I love this! Foil would be perfect. Hell, if I'm dreaming, let's dream big- a new automaton that is a RUN. High magic evasion, lose shield block, gain Foil and enhancing spells like Phalanx.

Yeah man, just imagine they turned Harlequin into a RUN+DRK tank since it has native mp pool unlike the PLD body. If they gave it a bunch of meva and could cast foil, phalanx, and Dread spikes..
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2019-02-26 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Turbo Charger I/II flurry.
And yes drop the Inhibitor group problem.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-26 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »

I'd say right now they intended to make nin useless as ***, and they are doing a bang up job of it.
Hey now.. there’s still the ninja lot trait..
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-26 13:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

The only use ninja has right now is literally killing yourself so you can go change jobs to something useful
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-26 13:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

The only use ninja has right now is literally killing yourself so you can go change jobs to something useful

:00000 are you saying... I should go smn/ninja! MakeNinjasgreatagain
[+]
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
Server: Phoenix
user: diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 13:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sekkanoki Tuner - consumes one fire maneuver to limit special attack to 1000 TP, hidden effect..(while preventing special attack below 2000 TP)
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-26 13:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is in the pup forum lol

Fenrir.Turtle said: »
Why is no one speculating about the warrior picture to the right of the pup?
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-02-26 14:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for that whole RDM thing.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-26 15:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
And this is in the pup forum lol

Fenrir.Turtle said: »
Why is no one speculating about the warrior picture to the right of the pup?
Because you can’t read Turtle.

“Enjoy further reforging of weapons obtainable in Ambuscade and various additions and adjustments to Automaton attachments.”

WAR is not mentioned...maybe it’s a WAR on your mind?? This is what happens when people only read picture books! They assume!
By Shichishito 2019-02-26 15:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder how far you can upgrade those ambu weapons and wether or not they become a REMA equivalent eventually.
i think you can't max one out within a month of ambu so they are kinda past the "good for starters" tier.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-02-26 16:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody else notice the spambu weapon looks like an aura weapon?
[+]
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
user: diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 17:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give us a new JA called Overclock CPU: Resets Overdrive ability. K thx.
By Numquam 2019-02-26 18:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also Haste2.
In an Era where we have Hastega2 and trusts who can haste2, I don't see why not giving it to the RDM pup as well. Would also serve to further differentiate the RDM head from the other mage ones.
But... the RDM puppet has had haste 2 since like before Delve was released...

Haste II for master only. It should be made for party.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-26 19:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would remove the HP requirement to proc Replicator. Just make it static like flash and provoke.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-02-27 16:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
"Adjustments" to existing attachments.

• Mana Jammer to provide both Magic Def. Bonus and Magic Eva. Bonus.

• Attuner to have Damage Limit + added to it.

• Attack Bonus % on the Tension Springs to be increased.

• Dynamo attachments to also increase Critical Hit Damage.

• Flame Holder, Ice Maker and Barrage Turbine to no longer consume Maneuver effects.

• Inhibitor to only provide Store TP, with the Skillchain effect being exclusive to the Speedloader.

"Additions" to attachments, assuming we're actually getting new ones. That wording was vague.

• Kinetic Reflector - Automaton uses Foil, enhances evasion against Special Attacks.

• Healing Diffuser - Enables access to "Curaga" spells.

• Focalizer - Enables access to VI-Tier Elemental Magic.

Though really what the job needs is some quality of life adjustments. An ability which gives the effects of the attachments currently being affected by Maneuvers would be incredible for master DPS. Failing that, the cooldown on things like Strobe and Flashbulb needs to be a lot shorter.

I like all of what Ruaumoko says here. But I wouldn't be surprised to see higher tiers of already existing attachments like Auto Repair Kit, Flashbulb, Armor Plate, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-28 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Numquam said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Also Haste2.
In an Era where we have Hastega2 and trusts who can haste2, I don't see why not giving it to the RDM pup as well. Would also serve to further differentiate the RDM head from the other mage ones.
But... the RDM puppet has had haste 2 since like before Delve was released...

Haste II for master only. It should be made for party.
As far as I remember it casts Haste II on all party members but you may need to put up a Water Maneuver for them to actually do it.

I'll have to mess around with it later as its been a long time since I've used that head.
By Afania 2019-02-28 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they actually gain dps when they tank via battuta parry TP lol. The fact that their dps increase instead of decrease is what makes them op.
By Afania 2019-02-28 11:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more DD-focused adjustments from our pets,

So does heal/support pet. The job is intended to be played as multiple roles, so pet should be able to replace a real/trust rdm and whm.

I think puppetmaster is in a great place overall. Some adjustments would be nice but I'll be grateful for whatever we get.

I dont agree, and Im going to be honest, I think the job needs pretty major overnhaul.

As a DD it has pretty bad synergy in high lv content because of master/pet buff split.

As a tank it has entirely way too many weakness compare with better choices aka RUN to the point that it really rarely fit in "optimal" setup. Currently I cant think of anything that RUN will have so much difficulty tanking assuming the setup is optimal, to the point that Id go "Oh this is hard, I better job change to PUP". If I feel I "need" PUP, its usually because the setup/pt isnt optimal to begin with.

And yes, run can tank all the "pup friendly" ambuscades and fit in optimal setup. The setup with PUP in it tend to be slower.

For example, in lamia month community used pup to tank 1 of them, but in optimal setup 1 run just tank all 3. Another example was qutrub, PUG seemed to use PUP but its much faster to use RUN and solo tank/DD it. Basically none of the optimal strategy uses pup.

Finally, pretty much everyone agrees that rdm whm blm pet is horrible.

There only 3 real use for the job, OD solo and tank if your whm cant heal, or if pt decided to clear content with pet aka slow way.

IMO thats in a bad position.

IMO as a mage it needs to be able replace, or at least have 90% of performance of real rdm whm blm to have values in this role. As a DD It needs to be able to get a DD slot in dyna D alliance and still competitive to top end DD on parse, as a tank it needs to be able to tank and deal with hate reset, aoe tanking, and hold hate off real DDs. OD solo is the only thing it does best that other jobs cant, and these days I doubt a jobs solo ability matters much.

The job just doesnt bring anything to the table in most of the optimal strategy that I can think of. I run into people who like it and will bring them to events often, but I rarely feel "oh I need a PUP for this content because it will add a lot of values".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Jile
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2019-02-28 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch. We're expecting positive things and SE's like "Nah here you go: You have to stand directly behind your automaton or within 7 yalms in order to use maneuvers anymore."

/dies
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-02-28 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"The further you are from your dolly, the lower the manuver effects are. ie: Light only give 1 hp per tick regen if you are further than 10' away."
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-28 15:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My hopes are higher than they would usually be because they’ve been nailing adjustments for other jobs so far.

DNC/DRG/MNK and especially RDM all had great updates.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

Post deleted by User.