Forum » FFXI » General » Empyrean Upgrade Question
Empyrean Upgrade Question
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-02-06 12:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Question from a returning player as I learn to re-navigate the game after several years hiatus:

I have been looking at R/M/E upgrades and feel like I might want to punish myself by continuing to upgrade my Almace. It is currently at level 90. From research and what I can understand, it looks like people generally take the empyrean to 99 and then see Oboro to continue the progression?

Is there a generally agreed upon "best" way to upgrade an Empyrean these days?

Appreciate the responses - been a while since I was a noob....
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 12:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean.

There is only one way you can split upgrading empy and it's at 99lvl when you can make it 119 with 300 Riftborn and then AG with 10000 riftborn (total cost around 40-60M, depends of time and server) or you can AG it at 99 with 3000 riftcinder and then get 119 AG with 1 riftborn, but that will cost you like 1,800,000,000 gils, so I think it's pretty obvious what is more efficient XD
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-02-06 12:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Currently at level 90"
Well then you are in luck since the Voidwatch campaign is incoming and you can help yourself in farming those metal plates. Then it just becomes a means of farming for your stones. If you have the gil just buy them reasonably priced and save yourself the 10k hassle. Or if you dont mind the farm, spam Merit fights, sadly you just missed the spoil campaign on that.
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-02-06 13:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, I have no idea what this means - Having done very little Voidwatch (even when I did come back in 2012) does this mean that I can get increased rewards by spamming it? Do I need to activate the Voidwatch campaign? Oi...

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
"Currently at level 90"
Well then you are in luck since the Voidwatch campaign is incoming and you can help yourself in farming those metal plates. Then it just becomes a means of farming for your stones. If you have the gil just buy them reasonably priced and save yourself the 10k hassle. Or if you dont mind the farm, spam Merit fights, sadly you just missed the spoil campaign on that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-06 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can read up here. Basically, you get capped VW lights during the campaign and you can spam bosses to your hearts content for fast kills/hmp/riftstuff. "Lights" are basically what gives you the enhanced rewards in VW. Since lights will always be capped, you don't have to worry about procing the NM for improved treasure (you can still trade rubicund cells).

You can join a group and semi afk clear box spam, or displacer and solo a bunch of Aellos or whatever for your own HMP. The campaign starts tomorrow, which is perfect timing to start collecting. You don't have to do anything to activate it, it's always active during the listed timeframe.

Quote:
Voidwatch
Voidwatch Campaign
When this Monthly Adventurer Campaign is active, every Voidwatch battle starts with alignments at the maximum level.
White proc is still possible to perform but it is already at 100%, so it is suggested to complete the Voidwatch Quests and easily obtain all of the Voidwatch Key Items during this campaign.
It is still possible to increase the four alignments by an additional 150% after using the following cells: Cobalt Cell, Rubicund Cell, Xanthous Cell, and Jade Cell.
Note: The battlefields that take place in Provenance are not eligible for this campaign.
Note: There is no reason to take your time on kills during this campaign. It is recommended that you team up with other players, and take advantage of Phase Displacers to kill the NMs as quickly as possible. This will expedite your number of kills, thus granting the highest amount of loot and Empyrean Weapon upgrade materials.
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-06 14:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

By Monko 2019-02-06 17:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And even being deactivated your voidstone accumulation has still been in effect. With 7 years worth of stones saved up you should be able to spsam enough VW to get enough items/gil to afterglow your Almace.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-02-06 19:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The campaign starts tomorrow, which is perfect timing to start collecting. You don't have to do anything to activate it, it's always active during the listed timeframe.

you got the dates mixed up with valentines event. The campaigns start on the 11th at 12am PDT / 3am EST

The valentines event starts tomorrow
 Asura.Shaedhen
Server: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2019-02-07 03:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're on this subject, is there prefered way to farm riftborn/pluton/beitetsu ?

Or just get money with other stuff and buy them ?
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2019-02-07 04:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

HTBF spam or UNM spam.
find yourself a group to spam 135 unm if you can, or at least 128. coffers have a chance to give you 40-50 (unm 128) or 50-60? or more? (unm135) i would say at a 5-10% rate.
during gain exp, it's easy enough to cap acc 3 times and do 2 rounds of unm in the 4h. can do the 3rd round of unm after whenever you want before the next gain.
for 128, capped acc is worth 41 coffers.
with the upcoming campaign you'll get double coffers so enjoy it.
add to that that caping acc is worth around 50k sparks, and fighting 41 unm128 is worth around 72k sparks (dont forget to unload between each step) so you get a straigh 1.2mil from sparks at least + what you can sell from the unm.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2019-02-07 04:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »
HTBF spam or UNM spam.
find yourself a group to spam 135 unm if you can, or at least 128. coffers have a chance to give you 40-50 (unm 128) or 50-60? or more? (unm135) i would say at a 5-10% rate.
during gain exp, it's easy enough to cap acc 3 times and do 2 rounds of unm in the 4h. can do the 3rd round of unm after whenever you want before the next gain.
for 128, capped acc is worth 41 coffers.
with the upcoming campaign you'll get double coffers so enjoy it.
add to that that caping acc is worth around 50k sparks, and fighting 41 unm128 is worth around 72k sparks (dont forget to unload between each step) so you get a straigh 1.2mil from sparks at least + what you can sell from the unm.

I see, thank you for the explanation. I was counting on the upcoming campaign to get some of the Unity items I'm missing, so that sounds even better.