How Long Do You See FFXI Lasting?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How long do you see FFXI lasting?
How long do you see FFXI lasting?
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-02-02 21:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Longer than my erection, as for beneficial content how about remove oseem from the game ,banish that *** *** silt& stone stealing of a *** once and for all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-02 21:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
1 dollars for a different color of master stars ... would pay
There are people who display those stars? Disgusting.

Asura.Evilddstroyer said: »
Longer than my erection, as for beneficial content how about remove oseem from the game ,banish that *** *** silt& stone stealing of a *** once and for all.
Underrated post.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-02-02 22:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Forever.
By DaneBlood 2019-02-02 22:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
DaneBlood said: »
1 dollars for a different color of master stars ... would pay
There are people who display those stars? Disgusting.

Asura.Evilddstroyer said: »
Underrated post.

dont star shame me

#starsarebeatifultoo
By nightcoder 2019-02-08 04:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For as long as people are willing to pay :)
The fact that they actually keep updating it every once in a while (even if only small updates) means that it's still profitable to actually keep developers working on it.
I do think they'll get rid of the PlayOnline client eventually as it's not used for any other game anymore.

Also, if we can learn anything from the success of certain private servers, they should really consider setting-up a level 75 server. I'd probably pay the extra character fare for that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2019-02-09 21:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno but in the past 13 years I've never won the Mog Bonanza! Rigged for sure
 Carbuncle.Runejr
Server: Carbuncle
user: Runejr
By Carbuncle.Runejr 2019-02-09 21:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

With the trend multiboxing at its peak, I’d say this game has a ton of life left in it. I returned late last year and now I kind of regret taking a 7 year break.
By axetofall 2019-02-10 03:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It must cost like $5 a month to keep the servers up so probably never
By Staleyx 2019-02-10 05:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Please ban these threads.
[+]
By Numquam 2019-02-10 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

May 2019.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2019-02-10 16:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

idk where the source is, but wasn't there an interview that said FFXI is still profiting? As in, it's making enough to keep servers open and then some.

*** it. If this game goes F2P and SE sells gil and jump potions I'll start playing again and hexa-box.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By AliceEternal 2019-03-19 04:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started as a suggestion from friends, hope it lasts a while considering the sequel is awful.
By stuoobey 2019-03-19 05:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the question should be, how long will SE continue to support the game outside Japan.

I can't see them switching off the servers any time soon, but, one day I could see the game becoming Japanese only. Anyone know how the player base is split these days?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-19 06:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Poorly translated and used in poor context.
By geigei 2019-03-19 07:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What sequel?
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-19 08:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People like to think 14 is 11's sequel when nothing but the races were brought over. People will say things like 'but the monsters all look the same' and then forget that its the same monster models/sprites used in literally every final fantasy title.
By kishr 2019-03-19 08:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ff11 will last longer than my wanker when it passes the event horizon of a black hole.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-03-19 08:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

emiledge said: »
The real question is how many of you severely addicted FFXI players will commit suicide after the game is taken offline

You are definitely sick and need help.
By emiledge 2019-03-19 09:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh I triggered a snowflake!
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-03-19 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what do loaded questions and loaded potatoes have in common?
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-19 09:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They both have a lot of girth.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By emiledge 2019-03-19 09:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is addicted? That's funny
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-19 09:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

emiledge said: »
The real question is how many of you severely addicted FFXI players will commit suicide after the game is taken offline
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-03-19 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There are multiple reasons why FFXI still entices me over the years.

I've tried every MMO out there to compare

*Guild Wars 1/2
*AON
*WoW
*Arch Lord
*Black Dessert Online
*FF14
etc...

The fighting mechanics of FFXI are the best I've experienced. It's almost like removing the jump and dodge feature that is so common in all makes it better, even though you'd think it was worse. The game UI is just much easier to navigate than others. I am not overwhelmed but the amount of macros, plugins and addons which in some games are required due to the amount of skills you are provided.

FFXI is becoming more close to this as of late, but gear in other MMO's have so many stats its hard to keep up.

Graphics in FFXI are still high-tier, but there are better. WoW looks like N64 and even with maxed out graphics just looks "cartoony". I like a little more realism in my game, if that makes sense.

I am also biased as FFXI was my first MMO. Those who played FFXI first tend to hate other MMO's. Those who didn't play FFXI first tend to think FFXI is 2nd to most.

The game won't die, as long as they keep adding new content, entice newer players to come back with the addition of increased EXP, trusts and uncapped missions. SE isn't going to retire off of the monthly subscriptions going forward, but the game will be respectable in the MMO community and will continue to live for a long time.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2019-03-19 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As long Windower support it ..... Simple
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-19 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They have just announced that they will be focusing their sights on the working on the 20th anniversary of FFXI in 3 years. I would be surprised if it wasn't a big change/improvement to the game, since they are telling us this now.

Also keep in mind that they are trying to find ways to make the new/returning player transition much better (i.e. decommission Playonline, its archaic...). They've created the ReFriender program and have been actively encouraging return to VanaDiel for several years. But now they are finally changing the POL platform. For what purpose exactly? My guess is to make it easier for a new "relaunch" in a few years...

Couple that with the fact that there always seems to be some random "exchange server equipment" periodically, and vague announcements where they comment on being able to preserve the character data in the event of an issue. Sounds like to me, they could be planning an updated patch to the gane with HD graphics/expansion etc, similar to what Rooks pointed out on another thread.

I don't see this game ending anytime soon. When you consider all of the recent changes they've made to some of the external interfaces, as well as the in-game QOL changes, it looks like they intend to support this long-term. There isn't any other MMO like it, and it's one of SE most successful products to-date.