PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
By barseil1 2019-09-15 02:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

totally new to gearswap. ive managed to get one working for my drk but this one overwhelms me lol.

can someone direct me to where I actually input my gear for the gear swap. ive exported my sets, I just cant find where to paste them within the lua to get them working.

any help and or pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

cheers.
 Asura.Arrchie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-09-15 18:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

barseil1 said: »
totally new to gearswap. ive managed to get one working for my drk but this one overwhelms me lol.

can someone direct me to where I actually input my gear for the gear swap. ive exported my sets, I just cant find where to paste them within the lua to get them working.

any help and or pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

cheers.

You will want to start in the "function init_gear_sets()" within the "PUP.lua"

Like most gearswaps you will fill in the "sets.Something" within in the brackets { }.

This gearswap can be a bit overwhelming since Puppetmaster itself can be a complex job.

At a min you will want to fill

sets.idle (Set equipped when pet is not summoned and you are not fighting.)

sets.idle.Pet (Set equipped when not fighting at all with you are puppet)

sets.idle.Pet.Engaged (All these sets are used when you are not fighting, but your puppet is.)

sets.engaged.MasterPet (All these sets are used when you and your puppet is fighting.)

You will notice that most of these sets have a .Acc or .TP that follow at the end. To equip those sets you will cycle your Hybrid Mode which is Ctrl+F9.
 Asura.Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-09-15 18:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »
Asura.Arrchie said: »
Brynach said: »
There are a couple things ive found recently that I wanted to bring up to get better understanding.
Since this latest update, any time I engaged and fight, when the mob dies I get an error message from the pup-lib.lua. Line 974: attempt to index a nil value. This doesnt happen when only the pet is engaged.
Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:102:
User Event error: [directory]/Gearswap/libs/pup-lib.lua:974: attempt to index a nil value.

Second thing ive found is with a VE/SS dd auto, using firex2, light maneuvers, the ws prediction is Armor Shatterer, but the auto uses Arcuballista.

Just to double check, you are getting the 974 error only during AutoDeploy correct? Looks like we need a better check here if that is the case.

For those weapon skill predictions we don't actually look at the current lights used and those have mainly been a best guess. Sounds like we may need to check lights as well at some point to give more accurate prediction.

I get the message when the mob that I am fighting dies. But it does only happen when the auto-deploy function is on. Once I turned it off, the error no longer appears.

I will look at getting a fix for this, basically its looking for the next monster to target and deploy the puppet to fight, but its not finding any match and causing that error.
By barseil1 2019-10-04 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

despite my best efforts, I can't get this to work. it wont even load for me when I go to load it. that's straight off the current version aswell without any mod from me. any suggestions ?
By barseil1 2019-10-05 06:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

despite my best efforts, I can't get this to work. it wont even load for me when I go to load it. that's straight off the current version aswell without any mod from me. any suggestions ?

so ive managed to get it working and entered all my gear sets. the actual gear swaps only seem to work when I am idle with no pet, it reverts to my idle set and when I engage with my pet. it changes to my hybrid tp set.

nothing happens when I use the toggles to change into my other sets, such as DT.

please advise.
 Asura.Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-10-06 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so ive managed to get it working and entered all my gear sets. the actual gear swaps only seem to work when I am idle with no pet, it reverts to my idle set and when I engage with my pet. it changes to my hybrid tp set.

nothing happens when I use the toggles to change into my other sets, such as DT.

please advise.

It may be best at this point to join on us on discord (link in first post). Its a bit easier to help you trouble shoot issues and the community is really nice and can pitch in advice.

If all sets are truly filled out then it comes down to what Offense Mode and Hybrid Mode you are in. To see the default shortcuts for commands on the UI Window you can use the following command '//gs c hub keybinds' or '//gs c hide keybinds' (all of these are listed on the main github page).

If you are fighting and you want to focus only on pet sets then you need to be in "Trusts" OffenseMode to leverage only the Pet Focused sets. Otherwise when your pet is fighting and you are not then it will use the sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.[HybridMode]

Otherwise when you are fighting with your pet OffenseMode by default is MasterPet and to switch between a more specific set you then cycle your Hybrid Mode or change your Offense Mode depending on the situation.

Your default Offense Modes that come with the Gearswap:
Code
    --[[
        F9 - Cycle Offense Mode 

These are for when you are fighting with or without Pet
        When you are IDLE and Pet is ENGAGED that is handled by the Idle Sets
    ]]
    state.OffenseMode:options("MasterPet", "Master", "Trusts")

Each Offense Mode has a corresponding base set:
  • sets.engaged.MasterPet -- A set that you share gear between you and your pet

• sets.engaged.Master -- A player only focused set

• "Trusts" is special as it takes advantage of sets.idle.Pet.Engaged -- A pet only focused mode. This allows you to be engaged, but all gear is pet focused.

Your default Hybird Modes that come with the Gearswap are:
Code
    --[[
        Ctrl-F9 - Cycle Hybrid Mode 

Used when you are Engaged with Pet
        Used when you are Idle and Pet is Engaged
    ]]
    state.HybridMode:options("Normal", "Acc", "TP", "DT", "Regen", "Ranged")

Example for sets.engaged.MasterPet (the focus of this is allow you to create a set that shares gear between you the player and the pet):
  • sets.engaged.MasterPet -- By default this is Normal

• sets.engaged.MasterPet.Acc -- Accuracy Player and Pet Focused

• sets.engaged.MasterPet.TP -- TP Player and Pet focused

• and so on...

Notice the above are just a combination of the Offense Mode and Hybrid Mode.

Our gearswap does customize the base idle sets to allow for pet focused sets to be equipped.

When you are fighting and want to focus only on your pet then the "Trusts" Offense Mode is what you need to have on. When you not fighting and your pet is active and fighting then the base set is on otherwise like above can further be changed by the Hybrid Mode you have set:
  • sets.idle.Pet.Engaged -- By default this is Normal

• sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.Acc -- Accuracy Pet Focused

• sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.TP -- TP Pet focused

• and so on...

I hope this helps!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [162 days between previous and next post]
By DPSKngWJlly 2020-03-16 21:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way to add a auto repiar feture?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [155 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-18 23:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a very simple pup lua I use for gearswaps and i don't necessarly like the automatic functionality of this lua. Is there a part of the code that I can copy and paste into my own to have it swap enmity and weaponskill pet gear?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [436 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Aelil
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: aelil
By Quetzalcoatl.Aelil 2021-10-28 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Necroing this, as I've just dug into the previous work. Given that our autos are the workhorses, I think there's a *lot* of things that could be simplified.

I'm originally in Trulusia's camp, in that outside of specific JA/WS's, there's a small subset of gear that needs to be changed on demand (High level: Idle/Kite, Master, Pet Damage, Pet Tank). Mind you, I'm mostly ignoring potential cast sets for the auto.

In my opinion, the ideal gearswap for PUP would have bindings (not cycles!) for setting those four key modes, and have the potential to lock a set (example: OD or Tank).
By Vaerix 2021-10-28 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aelil said: »
In my opinion, the ideal gearswap for PUP would have bindings (not cycles!) for setting those four key modes, and have the potential to lock a set (example: OD or Tank).

While I understand what you mean, most if not all of this could more easily be accomplished with good macros and equipsets. Most of the amazing things about this gearswap is anticipation of events you can't normally accurately swap for without your attention being focused on it entirely and if that's the case equipsets accomplish everything you want with a very simple Gui. So if the goal is not anticipating or maintaining things via the gearswap and manually toggling between or locking sets, wouldn't your time be better spent outside of Lua working on equipsets and macros?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2021-10-28 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aelil said: »

I personally like the cycles but just an FYI. There's nothing forcing you to cycle through them. Mote's libs provide a means for setting individual items in a set. For example, you can create a macro with
Code
/console gs c set PetModeCycle DD
or you could add a keybind for each particular mode if you wanted to.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [273 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kurdtray
user: Kurdtray
By Asura.Kurdtray 2022-07-28 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if anyone is still working on this, but I found a few issues. The main one i'm dealing with right now is that it doesn't hold casting sets long enough for the spell hit with. Example: I engage blm pup, it starts casting fire 4, it loads elemental magic set and then shifts to another set as the spell hits. Now this all happens in less than a second and the spell casts really quick but I confirmed through disabling that my elemental magic set isn't equip when the spell goes off.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
By Blackhalo714 2022-10-18 23:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. Trying the updated version of this. Does anyone have any insight how this part functions in the Pup-Lib.lua?
--Defaults
DefaultPetWeaponSkillLockOutTimer = 8 -- This will be the time that is changeable by the player
justFinishedWeaponSkill = false
petWeaponSkillLock = false
startedPetWeaponSkillTimer = false
petWeaponSkillRecast = 0
petWeaponSkillTime = 0

I noticed sometimes I didn't see the lockout timer countdown after the maton weaponskills. Any preference on settings that anyone uses?
Thanks!