Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppet damage in Dynamis wave 2 and 3
Puppet damage in Dynamis wave 2 and 3
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-01-29 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For fetters that aren't in the way of our path, we have a single pup pull the whole group. We move in and kill the fetter and then the puppet deactivates once the group is out of agro range. It works well most of the time. Although Aurix can be annoying with bomb toss and we sometimes have to have a whm follow the pup around curing him if aurix pops.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-29 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you aggro the whole group? Target the circle itself and both groups of mobs plus the disjoined will be on the puppet? How long can a puppet last with 2 NMs, 4(6?) normals, and a Disjoined on it?

I'm guessing with triple light or double light and earth. Remove flashbulb and strobes still to go full defensive mode?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-29 10:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't actually planning on killing the mobs, there's ample room to sac pretty much every circle in every zone except jeuno with just a single PLD. This seems unnecessarily complicated.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-29 11:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you aren't actually planning on killing the mobs, there's ample room to sac pretty much every circle in every zone except jeuno with just a single PLD. This seems unnecessarily complicated.

Funny you mention Jeuno, that's the zone we're doing.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-29 13:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

we’ve also had odd occurrences when an auto is tanking wave 3 boss where it does zany twice in succession so i don’t recommend using auto to tank
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-29 14:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
we’ve also had odd occurrences when an auto is tanking wave 3 boss where it does zany twice in succession so i don’t recommend using auto to tank

We'll have real tanks on final boss too, mostly looking to sac the puppet on the circles so that a tank doesn't have to wait 3-5 mins on sac pulls in Jeuno.
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-01-29 16:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
do you aggro the whole group? Target the circle itself and both groups of mobs plus the disjoined will be on the puppet? How long can a puppet last with 2 NMs, 4(6?) normals, and a Disjoined on it?

I'm guessing with triple light or double light and earth. Remove flashbulb and strobes still to go full defensive mode?

Wrote about this a while back, still use this method today.

Quote:
The trick to sac pulling wave 3 as PUP is to deploy directly onto the fetter/circle, and nothing else. I run SoulSoother/Valoredge with a hyper turtle defensive tanking setup. Barrier Module, in particular, is great especially for this.

The Volte monsters have an alarmingly low aggro sight range, so you can usually creep up at an angle and deploy onto the fetter. Once your Automaton aggros the fetter, it'll spawn the Disjoined ??? who will go for your automaton, and every volte monster will link alongside it. Retrieve your automaton and run to the designated pull area. I usually triple Light maneuver as I am running. Once you get to the spot target the Disjoined ??? again, buried within the pile of monsters chasing your automaton, and re-deploy your automaton on him (this is when Barrier module will do work for blocking 9 monsters hits). This will cluster all the monsters in a single remote location, and give you (the master) an opportunity to move away, back to your alliance.

During this time, your PLD or RUN should have flashed the fetter at range and your entire alliance just demolishes the circle. The reason this trick works is because once the fetter dies, the Disjoined ??? will despawn. This means your Automaton will begin running back to you, and also means you can Deactivate safely. During this whole sac pull you've only initiated an enmity giving action onto 2 targets, both of which no longer exist (the fetter which was killed, and the disjoined ??? which despawned), so this is why Deactivate will give you no aggro to the 8 volte monsters, and they'll just slowly waddle back to their spawn positions, and by that point your alliance has already moved on.

The only dicey part of pulling this way is the Volte RDM's using AoE enfeebles which can seriously mess you up if you are unlucky -- Bind, Gravity, Sleep, and Paralyze being the worst offenders. Have your erase/panacea/remedy/-na's/maintenance ready.

In my experience, the Automaton will eventually die with the amount of incoming damage, but with a Repair oil and triple light maneuver, it'll usually last long enough for the rest of the alliance to kill the fetter. We save Aurix for after the fetter is down, since it'll take too long to kill both Aurix and the Fetter -- the automaton will die before the fetter and things will get messy...

Like Austar mentions though, we don't have the automaton tank wave3 boss because of Zantetsuken, so I am usually just full DPS mode for that.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-29 18:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fabiano said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
do you aggro the whole group? Target the circle itself and both groups of mobs plus the disjoined will be on the puppet? How long can a puppet last with 2 NMs, 4(6?) normals, and a Disjoined on it?

Wrote about this a while back, still use this method today.

Quote:
The trick to sac pulling wave 3 as PUP is to deploy directly onto the fetter/circle, and nothing else. I run SoulSoother/Valoredge with a hyper turtle defensive tanking setup. Barrier Module, in particular, is great especially for this.

The Volte monsters have an alarmingly low aggro sight range, so you can usually creep up at an angle and deploy onto the fetter. Once your Automaton aggros the fetter, it'll spawn the Disjoined ??? who will go for your automaton, and every volte monster will link alongside it. Retrieve your automaton and run to the designated pull area. I usually triple Light maneuver as I am running. Once you get to the spot target the Disjoined ??? again, buried within the pile of monsters chasing your automaton, and re-deploy your automaton on him (this is when Barrier module will do work for blocking 9 monsters hits). This will cluster all the monsters in a single remote location, and give you (the master) an opportunity to move away, back to your alliance.

During this time, your PLD or RUN should have flashed the fetter at range and your entire alliance just demolishes the circle. The reason this trick works is because once the fetter dies, the Disjoined ??? will despawn. This means your Automaton will begin running back to you, and also means you can Deactivate safely. During this whole sac pull you've only initiated an enmity giving action onto 2 targets, both of which no longer exist (the fetter which was killed, and the disjoined ??? which despawned), so this is why Deactivate will give you no aggro to the 8 volte monsters, and they'll just slowly waddle back to their spawn positions, and by that point your alliance has already moved on.

The only dicey part of pulling this way is the Volte RDM's using AoE enfeebles which can seriously mess you up if you are unlucky -- Bind, Gravity, Sleep, and Paralyze being the worst offenders. Have your erase/panacea/remedy/-na's/maintenance ready.

In my experience, the Automaton will eventually die with the amount of incoming damage, but with a Repair oil and triple light maneuver, it'll usually last long enough for the rest of the alliance to kill the fetter. We save Aurix for after the fetter is down, since it'll take too long to kill both Aurix and the Fetter -- the automaton will die before the fetter and things will get messy...

Like Austar mentions though, we don't have the automaton tank wave3 boss because of Zantetsuken, so I am usually just full DPS mode for that.

Thanks, I'll make sure to stock up on Dawn Mulsums before our next run!