Forum » FFXI » General » Maint time
Maint time
 Phoenix.Hova
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 22:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does maint always fall when I get off a 10-12 hr day of work, it never fails, american players get fked every maint, kinda getting old. didn't used to be like this
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-11-13 23:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hova said: »
Why does maint always fall when I get off a 10-12 hr day of work, it never fails, american players get fked every maint, kinda getting old. didn't used to be like this

Uhh, you don't remember those countless years of maintenance after maintenance during NA primetime?

Lucky you.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-11-13 23:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Riding a mount in town was just game breaking ***
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-11-13 23:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally Since today iv been having MAJOR lag so hopefully that gets fixed
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

recently all maint's that i've seen are late night when NA players are getting off work, that means we have jobs, and don't sit all day playing a game. it is what is it is, it's easy for some fckwd that doesn't have a life/job to call it whinging, but I pay for a game that is not available a lot lately, seems SE could maybe change maint to not the same time like they used to
[+]
By Peeks 2018-11-13 23:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an MMO. There will be people inconvenienced by maintenance times, regardless of when it occurs.

Look at the bright side - soon we can play Diablo Immortal while FFXI servers are down. It might have the same population as Asura.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot tonight was maintenance, was doing house work. I usually log in late anyways, but this is the third night within the past week that there has been a maintenance (update, login campaign, and now this). The timing is ALWAYS at the worst NA times, and I'm starting to question whether I want to continue supporting this nonsense. Every week it's something ridiculous. What is going on lately with all these defects and bugs in the game? Why all of a sudden is there always so many flaws implemented into the game? If this were a legitimate corporate business, the entire staff would have been fired by now. I guess they can't fire their only two employees, but it's really been crappy this past month. And during all of the most beneficial campaigns even. Super lame man.

Serious question here: is there any reason why they can't just do Monthly Update/Server Maintenance and Login Campaign Maintenance at the same time? I never did really understand why they always break it out like that. Something technical I'm not understanding?
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-11-13 23:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's midnight here for me, been off work for hours. Didn't affect me.
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

guess so, SE should just inconvenience the same ppl over and over
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-11-13 23:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

recently all maint's that i've seen are late night when NA players are getting off work, that means we have jobs, and don't sit all day playing a game. it is what is it is, it's easy for some fckwd that doesn't have a life/job to call it whinging, but I pay for a game that is not available a lot lately, seems SE could maybe change maint to not the same time like they used to

What year did you start playing?
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-11-13 23:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
...you don't remember those countless years of maintenance after maintenance during NA primetime?...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 23:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The maintenance time has always been late like this, but is there really a need to have a 1.5 hour maintenance for version update, a 1.5 hour maintenance for login campaign, and another emergency maintenance for 1.5 hours on 3 separate days to fix some strangely affected feature/defect from the first maintenance?
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if I had no job I wouldn't care much, but when you only have a small set of time to play a day, and SE does maint in that window, it's a bit frustrating, just my 2 cents
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-11-13 23:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't comment on SE's capacity to keep their infrastructure in working order as I have no idea. If anything, I'd only point out how ridiculously worse it used to be compared to now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 23:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If they extend these campaigns for 3 more days all will be forgiven.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-11-13 23:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if I had no job I wouldn't care much, but when you only have a small set of time to play a day, and SE does maint in that window, it's a bit frustrating, just my 2 cents

I can empathize with that. It definitely sucks.
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember tons of maint, they used to come at all times, lately it's just late night NA
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-13 23:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

k, done venting, long live FFXI, i'm done bitching

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-11-13 23:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Because God hates you.

/stare
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-11-14 00:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just get careers and not jobs? idk, maybe.
[+]
 Asura.Capgames
By Asura.Capgames 2018-11-14 00:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it never used to be this way, it used to be people in GMT that got screwed by maint. I am in GMT so i had years of this. was glad when they decided to switch the maint times.

These days it does not bother me as i now work when maint will happen mostly
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-14 00:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mounts fixed now figure out what they broke in it's place
By Foxfire 2018-11-14 00:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it's only an hour and a half
stop getting so bent over menial things. watch a movie on netflix or some ***.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-14 00:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like if my only free time was at the same time every day and the maint always fell on that time, I'd be annoyed too.

It's the little things that wear on your patience.
 Phoenix.Hova
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-11-14 07:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Or just get careers and not jobs? idk, maybe.

I have a career, and that is a petty comment aimed at people that are not on a career path.
[+]