Forum » FFXI » General » Jesus Spaghetti Christ
Jesus Spaghetti Christ
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-12 04:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How in the *** lol. What in the *** lol. How bad are your coders and code that MOUNTS get affected when you adjust TRUST. Two things that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with each other.

Quote:
Regarding a Planned Update to Fix Mount Functionality

Greetings to all FFXI players around the world.

We would like to announce that we will be conducting emergency maintenance to revert one of the updates implemented in the Friday, November 9 version update.
Please read on for the details.

In the November version update, we implemented a fix to resolve an issue wherein alter egos could not be called forth under certain conditions. Unfortunately, this fix has resulted in a number of issues occurring with mount functionality.

Specifically, these issues include: mounts being mountable in areas where they should not be, users being automatically dismounted during reives, a negative impact on default movement speed, and more.

While we are working to address all these issues to the best of our ability, these issues are extremely wide-ranging. Given that the original issue affecting the calling forth of alter egos was far more limited in scope, affecting only certain areas under certain conditions, we have deemed this an emergency issue, and have made the decision to revert the fix in question.

Regarding the issue affecting the calling forth of alter egos, we plan on addressing both the issue in question and the underlying cause in a future version update. As it is a deep-rooted problem, it may take some time, but we ask for your patience and understanding.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies to all players for this inconvenience caused by this issue.

We will be making a separate announcement regarding the specific details and schedule of the maintenance.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-12 04:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Just because;
The equipment, that they exchanged THREE times, by the way.
Quote:
Recovery from PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties (Nov. 11, 12)

At the following time, we experienced technical difficulties wherein users were disconnected from or unable to log into PlayOnline, and issues with managing the Friend List.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

[Date & Time]
From Nov. 11, 2018 20:05 to 20:52 (PST)
From Nov. 12, 2018 4:05 to 4:52 (GMT)

[Details]
- Unable to log in to PlayOnline

[Cause]
-Server Equipment Failure

[Affected Service]
- PlayOnline
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-11-12 04:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Give them a break man! Outside implementing a T-Shirt, this is some heavy ***. Their team is going to be back logged until January now.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-12 05:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What i want to know is if they will mess with gain exp or no like they did last week
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-11-12 05:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is speculation, but I think this has to do with the weird plant things in Adoulin. They technically aggro, but otherwise are totally passive and timed. Thus, if you pass one, you can't get on a mount or call an alternative ego.

But that's the only way I can think of how they're linked, no idea how changing that breaks mounts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-11-12 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we paying for a *** maintenance simulator now? How hard is it to just wait till the next version update to fix something that really isn't that big of a deal?
[+]
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-11-12 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the XI team now are some poor interns who were handed this mess of a system. It's a miracle stuff works and they'd probly scrap and redo the system if they could lol.
Also, reminder that XIV has maintenance like once a week
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-12 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So the TLDR is maintenance cutting into game time?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-12 15:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I still remember the running worm glitch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-11-12 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cash me inside...RIDING
[+]
By Draylo 2018-11-12 17:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Explains why I saw an Omega Mount in town lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 14:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be pretty epic if you could ride that mount in Besieged/Dynamis and still engage from it.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2018-11-13 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What I find funny is that you can cast invisible on yourself and then summon a mount without losing your invisible status.
[+]
 Kujata.Ashimoura
Server: Kujata
user: Vax
By Kujata.Ashimoura 2018-11-13 17:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The fun we could have had.. being on a crab mount at crab camp while invisible and having half asleep people try to pull us.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-13 18:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor said: »
Cash me inside...RIDING
Hax!
By Nyarlko 2018-11-13 18:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
What I find funny is that you can cast invisible on yourself and then summon a mount without losing your invisible status.

That has existed since mounts were introduced. :D

More fun with Invisible! Try using the SCH JA that makes your next enhancing spell AOE, then cast it targeting yourself with a full party of trusts out. They will get some sort of halfass Invisible status, and oddly enough last time I checked, it does not break on damage and only wears off after the duration is up. XD
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-11-13 19:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else Lagging, having ping issues and issues logging in?
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-11-14 02:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2018-11-14 05:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iiana said: »
I feel like the XI team now are some poor interns who were handed this mess of a system. It's a miracle stuff works and they'd probly scrap and redo the system if they could lol.

:)