Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-11-09 18:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All the content can be found on the front page of BG-Wiki and has all the information you need to know.

The lag is probably coming from a potato-like computer, so you might want to look at upgrading.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Dukie585 2018-11-09 19:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI runs off of your CPU, FFXIV runs off of your GPU. Look into programs to switch FFXI over to running on your GPU. dgVoodoo is one that I know of. Will make a world of difference.

FFXI is about making connections. Join a linkshell and get involved with a good group of people. If your server population is low, you may have trouble finding a group but they are out there. Worst case server transfer to one of the more populated servers. Server transfers are 50% off this month for discount campaign.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-09 20:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dukie585 said: »
FFXI runs off of your CPU, FFXIV runs off of your GPU. Look into programs to switch FFXI over to running on your GPU. dgVoodoo is one that I know of. Will make a world of difference.

This isn't even close to being accurate.

FFXI is CPU resource heavy, and is limited to a single core, one of the reasons why I don't recommend low base clock speed cpus (super budget ones) to play the game.

FFXI doesn't properly utilize modern GPU features as it is coded to use directx8. All directx8 calls in Windows 10 will be sent to your integrated GPU (on a laptop) regardless if you have a dedicated GPU.

All dgvoodoo does is effectively virtualize the gpu that's shown to the game and makes all calls be handled as such, gives access to a few newer directx features as well. It would also help with some of the crashing people have (ie: disconnecting a PnP monitor via it powering it off won't crash XI then).

Yes the iGPU is technically in the CPU, but to say it's the same thing as your CPU is just wrong.
[+]
By Tarage 2018-11-09 20:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Some threads i don't like about the forum these days

This one. It's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
Server: Asura
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-11-09 22:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrica said: »
Hey, i've been playing FFXI a Long time but recently i don't want want to come back for it anymore.
Reasons: the game feels old and unstable and is not very user-friendly

now it never had a great UI but getting a Group to do stuff has become work, especially with Content like 18 man Dynamis, there are no helps like a Content finder, something like that in 2018 is not so great

and the game offers Content for alliances but the game cant handle it, if i Play with 8-18 People in any Content, especially Dynamis the game lags so bad, it is no fun, is there a way to fix this? i know this probably is the old engine etc. and it was Always like that but i cant enjoy this anymore, however either do this laggy Content or be left behind, not fun either

Go find a casual game that plays for you, not an MMO. In any mmo, with out attendance and work you will get left behind. Someone somewhere will be there more often, and work harder than you. Many have got where they are alone, with out the help of a LS.

Secondly don't play this game on ***hardware / or ***isp.
I have had few issues with the game being unresponsive because the servers are ***. Check your HDD ffxi kills SSD and its brutal on HDD. part of the SE security software is to blame for the ssd, and the limited ammount of ram the game has access to is responsible for taxing HDD. However aside from longer load times, this has nothing to do with lag.

If i had to venture a guess your playing on a ***laptop that uses a celeron processor, or is clocked under 2.3 ghz base. Outside that I would look at what the pc has loaded up in ram.

In the end, you can call it quits. You can blame the game, you can even blame the player base. W/e the problem is FFXI and FFXIV are not the same, And if you need someone to make parties for you, you will only end up doing what someone else wants to do, and get what they don't want.

OFC once FFXIV got party finder, its social base fell to ***. Free companies are ***, and pugs in XIV are just as bad if not worse than XI because of all the hand holding.
By Afania 2018-11-09 23:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Verbannt said: »
Go find a casual game that plays for you, not an MMO. In any mmo, with out attendance and work you will get left behind. Someone somewhere will be there more often, and work harder than you.

As long as you can make event twice a week for 2.5hr a night you can do dynamis D. So thats like...5-6hr per week spent on event.

Personally I'd say spending 5-6hr a week on a video game fits the definition casual friendly.

And yeah, those who play 20hr a week will have more geared jobs, that's it. They are the minority in the community anyways. But the advantage of someone with 10+ mastered jobs and 20 rema isn't much bigger than someone with 1 mastered job and 2 functional jobs in different job role. They can both do dyna D just fine and contribute.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-09 23:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
All the content can be found on the front page of BG-Wiki and has all the information you need to know.

The lag is probably coming from a potato-like computer, so you might want to look at upgrading.
Facts
 Odin.Eohuo
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2018-11-09 23:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

But but i like potatoes!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-11-10 00:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Verbannt said: »

Go find a casual game that plays for you, not an MMO. In any mmo, with out attendance and work you will get left behind. Someone somewhere will be there more often, and work harder than you. Many have got where they are alone, with out the help of a LS.

Secondly don't play this game on ***hardware / or ***isp.
I have had few issues with the game being unresponsive because the servers are ***. Check your HDD ffxi kills SSD and its brutal on HDD. part of the SE security software is to blame for the ssd, and the limited ammount of ram the game has access to is responsible for taxing HDD. However aside from longer load times, this has nothing to do with lag.

If i had to venture a guess your playing on a ***laptop that uses a celeron processor, or is clocked under 2.3 ghz base. Outside that I would look at what the pc has loaded up in ram.

In the end, you can call it quits. You can blame the game, you can even blame the player base. W/e the problem is FFXI and FFXIV are not the same, And if you need someone to make parties for you, you will only end up doing what someone else wants to do, and get what they don't want.

OFC once FFXIV got party finder, its social base fell to ***. Free companies are ***, and pugs in XIV are just as bad if not worse than XI because of all the hand holding.

not sure what u talking about about HDD and SSD but im playing on a intel i-7 3770 CPU 3.4 GHz processor gtx nvidia 660 and 8gb ddr ram, still i get graphic stutters in area where a lot is going on mainly dynamis and omen but other situations are possible as well, i did some research and the problem is the old game and solving this isnt so easy, i could try to get an old driver or a an ati graphic card or just and old pc or just turn all graphic settings to minimum, not sure what would help, just wished the game wouldnt be so badly optimized but it is a ported ps2 game after all so i guess i shouldnt exspect too much...
well, sure FFXI can live without content finders, still i think it would make things more enjoyable if it would be introduced well

Holy run on sentence. With that setup if your getting lag (clean your pc) and just a few technical things.

nvidia 660 <<< nVidia GTX 660 a nvidia 660 does not exist.

8gb ddr ram <<< was this the gpu memory or system and it would be GDDR for gpu or ddr3 on that motherboard.

What research? Or were you referencing people bitching about their system lagging, did you once see a dxdiag or system information in detail. Would you know if their hardware problems apply to you?

Also if your using a HDD which i suspect you are, and it most likely is on a system drive ( installed on disk C:), when was the last time you defragmented your hdd.

And also in theory that system should have no problems playing ffxi, i know someone used a i7 920 for years with a nvidia gtx 550 ti. And was able to play with out lag. Though he changed hardware, this was in the height of omen, which that area was super congested on asura.

Not being a complete ***, but with how you described the computer components, I doubt you are the system builder. Let alone be able to diagnose why you have lag.

Also if the game engine was causing lag, it would not be isolated problems. If it were server side or the program on the server at fault, every player would suffer the same problems.
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-11-10 00:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you have not replaced the HDD since the pc was built, it's at least 4 years old.

If it was borrowed from an other system to build the one you are using, it could be older.

If your computer has 100% disk utilization windows spends so much of its resources pulling and sending information.

That can cause massive lag. Especially in FFXI. FFXIV has more ram allocated to it, and as a result has to pull less information from the hard drive as often ( more info, less often).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-11-10 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To comment on the OP’s first post:

You don’t need a content finder for this game. You just need some semblance of social skills to get to where you wanna go.

Secondly did you try...

...going on into Config in game and turning off all the effects for Dynamis? This game doesn’t require a PHD is astrophysics to run. I feel like this thread is treating XI like it’s Crysis in the mid 2000s.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-10 10:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »
To comment on the OP’s first post:

...going on into Config in game and turning off all the effects for Dynamis? This game doesn’t require a PHD is astrophysics to run. I feel like this thread is treating XI like it’s Crysis in the mid 2000s.

Lol dead
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-11-10 15:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, my Research was googling the Problem and i came up with People refrering to nvidia graphic Cards and These days Systems dont work so well with FFXI, also single cores are better for the game than several since the game doesnt support this, of Course that are just hints and i dont know what is my Problem so what do u recommand to improve teh stability of the game in crowd Areas with lots of effects going on like Dynamis D,omen or sometime even Crowd CP Party camps?

the game is running on steam on my my C: harddrive and the PC is quite old, Maybe 5 years, also i just bought it since i thought it is a good one and i have no experience with Building Systems.

do you think it would help if i try to run the game on 1 core? i can defrag the C drive if that helps

The problem with nvidia cards is only in laptops, desktop pcs have no issues with the game, outside rolling back the driver once 2 years ago.

And even then its nvidia gtx 800 series and above in laptops that have the issue. since the pc will try to offload the graphics to the on board gpu, and it will not be compatible with the dx 8 that the game runs in. Only dx 9c and above are supported on those cards. Hence why I thought you might understand this, it requires reading nvida specs on on board gpu, since they are different than standard GPU.

Also are you running windows 10?
If you are you can check the performance tab in task manager to The green box or boxes are your storage, if they are utilized at above 90% your going to get lag.

A SC of the performance tab when game launched, if you see there is a spike on network and disk and cpu, my normal utilization with nothing up is like 2~3% but that will change depending on what processor you using. However it should be under higher utilization than when nothing on the pc is going on.
Also my memory usage is high, 12 vids open in chrome, and 13 other tabs open... I know I'm a monster.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-10 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you lag in crowded areas, try turning off glow effects. Game runs super smooth for me with two characters going at once, but lags like hell as soon as I get near the Magian Moogles in Ru’Lude, around multiple avatars, or near crag crystals. The combination of beastmen with their Leviathans out, and everyone and their mother having AG weapons these days might be what’s causing you to lag in Dynamis.
By axetofall 2018-11-10 23:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

??? My *** HP from 2002 ran this game flawlessly

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2018-11-11 01:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I could care about the OP's complaint, but I don't. I recently came back and have been having the time of my life. You don't need to do Dynamis-Divergence. Or anything else, seeing as it's just a game, but the benefit of doing top-end content is just... being able to do top-end content slightly more easily. That's how MMOs have always been.

Meanwhile, regarding graphical lag, I don't feel like spitting out specs, but I've got a fairly powerful gaming PC, albeit built 3 years ago but future-proofed as much as possible, and I do still drop a lot of frames whenever Meteor gets cast. Something about that damned spell's graphic. Considering the game was coded on punch cards and made to run on graphing calculators, though, I'm not too stressed out by minor optimization issues on modern hardware. It's 2018, how are people even still talking about graphical stutter and lag on a game released in 2003?
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-11 02:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I could care about the OP's complaint, but I don't. I recently came back and have been having the time of my life. You don't need to do Dynamis-Divergence. Or anything else, seeing as it's just a game, but the benefit of doing top-end content is just... being able to do top-end content slightly more easily. That's how MMOs have always been.

Meanwhile, regarding graphical lag, I don't feel like spitting out specs, but I've got a fairly powerful gaming PC, albeit built 3 years ago but future-proofed as much as possible, and I do still drop a lot of frames whenever Meteor gets cast. Something about that damned spell's graphic. Considering the game was coded on punch cards and made to run on graphing calculators, though, I'm not too stressed out by minor optimization issues on modern hardware. It's 2018, how are people even still talking about graphical stutter and lag on a game released in 2003?

FYI, when we killed Hurkan the other day, my Windower crashed right as I presumably killed it with CDC. Luckily, I still got credit for it...
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2018-11-11 09:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the exact same thing happen right before you guys dropped off. I was able to get the kill in before your characters disconnected completely, so it worked out for all of us. Which is great because Hurkan was the last Capacity Point RoE objective I needed.

Post deleted by User.