Quickest Method For Mog Gardening Rank Ups?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Quickest method for Mog Gardening rank ups?
Quickest method for Mog Gardening rank ups?
By Felgarr 2018-10-28 12:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,
I've just started to mess around with Mog Gardening because I want to +1 my adoulin ring at some point. I've managed to unlock 3 of the assistants. I keep Sasaroon and Kuyin both on the garden furrows. But, what's the optimal method for increasing the rate of rank ups?

In the case of Furrows: A revival root lets you harvest every hour. Let's say, you get 1 item in that hour. Should I use a fertilizer that increases yield by 1, to make for 2 total? Will that 2 mean a faster rank-up to the 512 harvests needed for Rank 7? Am I just confusing item-yield for number of harvests needed?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Garden_Furrows

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-28 12:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of items harvested does not matter. The number of times you harvest is what matters.

If you have spare bayld, grow-m-good is the best way to get those done. If not, miracle mulch is your 2nd choice combined with revival root.

512 times harvesting furrows will max out your rank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 12:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Item yield is irrelevant, only number of harvests. Use revival roots or arborscent seeds for fast harvest and check it frequently throughout the day until you unlock all 3 furrow rows. Do some rough math on how many days to finish your other locations to see how often you need to check furrows daily after that.

Since you'll be in garden every day to do the other stuff, getting the 2nd and 3rd furrow row sooner will save you significant time in the long run, so it's good to frontload the extra harvests.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-10-28 13:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite being a lot of work, iirc furrow isnt the biggest time gate in mog garden. When i did, it was the fishing stuff, thats once per day and takes 80 to get last rank so you wnot be finishing mog garden sooner than 80 real days so you can just divide how many harvest you need per day instead of camping furrow to plant new seeds.

Also, its alse wise to start monster rearing. I gave up my Behemoth because it was taking weeks for it to evolve to last stage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-28 13:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
If you have spare bayld, grow-m-good is the best way to get those done.

This. I actually "bought" bayld from a friend, who got me stacks and stacks and stacks of it with his stockpile of Bayld. I sat in Garden and harvested and got it done in one day.

If you have, or can find someone willing to part with Bayld, I HIGHLY recommend it.

gl!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-10-28 14:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

revival root + miracle mulch and netflix
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By tyalangan 2018-12-05 10:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because my question is pertinent:

So, considering the above, that amount of times harvested is the only aspect that matters when ranking up, does that mean the assistants are moot for rank up on furrows?

Also, this would mean the only assistant worth obtaining is the meeble for the mine/grove since he can "occasionally grant more gathering opportunities"?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-05 10:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Repair tools will speed up mine/grove. 1~2 extra per day, that adds up over a month I guess shaves a couple days off the total.

Can't do anything to speed up pond/coast

The only reason to get help with furrow is it would be pretty irritating to farm that many revival roots, looking for seeds gives you infinite.
By Ulgar 2018-12-05 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Bumping because my question is pertinent:

So, considering the above, that amount of times harvested is the only aspect that matters when ranking up, does that mean the assistants are moot for rank up on furrows?

Also, this would mean the only assistant worth obtaining is the meeble for the mine/grove since he can "occasionally grant more gathering opportunities"?

Unless you are pointedly harvesting from your mog furrows multiple times per day, it will lag so far behind the rest of your garden that I wouldn't even count those additional gathering opportunities as worth it. You will cap the others long before your garden. However, the assistants cost very little in the scope of things.

If you are harvesting more than once per day, using revival roots and Kuyin to look for seeds will keep your stock high, like Eiryl said.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-05 20:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just kept planting revival tree roots and nothing else. Takes a very long time though, so just keep checking back on it when ya can. The rest of the garden is easy to master.
By tyalangan 2018-12-05 21:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to why the other nodes will finish so much faster than the furrows? Pond has a minimum of 80~ days if I’m reading BG correctly. If you averaged 7 harvests a day (1.5 hours at 3 furrows) you would finish faster than the pond.

Am I missing something?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-05 21:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people only visit the garden once a day
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-05 21:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Most people only visit the garden once a day

^This. You can only do the other things once a day, so it's easy to assume furrow goes the same way but it doesn't. For a long time I didn't know this and grew regular seeds to be harvested once a day like the rest of the garden. That turned out to be too slow, but you have to keep coming back to your garden several times each day to deal with revival roots.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-05 22:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus furrows start with 1 strip and eventually turns to 3 as you level it - so the initial bit can take longer
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-06 00:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What we say:
"What do we want? Time gates lifted! When do we want it? Now!"

What SquareEnix hears:
"What do we want? More level 1 lockstyle items! When do we want it? Prioritized over everything else every update!"
[+]