Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 02:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, Dreadnaught has killed the Disjoined Mithra clearing Dynamis - Jeuno (D). We're very proud to be the second EN linkshell on this server to do so, only preceded by Inquisition.

Given only a maximum of 7~8 attempts per month, our progression time period was relatively short (Oct. 2 - Oct. 27). In this time we made 5 failed attempts, most being close but no cigar.

I hope clearing the rest is just as much fun as this one has been.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By geigei 2018-10-28 06:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool story?
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-10-28 07:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Cool story?

Always somebody on here gotta be a cockface, I mean is it so *** hard to say congrats or if you don't care just shut the *** up and let them have their moment.

At any rate CG and good luck with the rest of the zones!
[+]
 Asura.Midgitis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Midgitis 2018-10-28 07:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, its a good feeling to finally get a kill on a boss you've been working on. *** the elitist douche bags who got carried to their kills and won't acknowledge your accomplishment.

Looks like you did blm setup as well, it is the more satisfying setup imo and requires a higher skill level to execute the entire run perfectly in time.

Keep it up, the others will fall soon enough and you can soon wield "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" title and know you actually earned it and was not given it.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-10-28 07:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz on clear. What's next?
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-28 07:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time we bring 18 Summoners!

#SMNBURNALLTHETHINGS
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People are being rude about it because rather than post a simple screenshot like everyone else, they made a thread and add in arrogant nonsense like 'second EN linkshell on Bahamut' and 'only 5 attempts'.

They are probably not even in the first 100 groups overall to clear, and it's not like Delve or Aeonic or Master Trial where there was a difficulty barrier. It was beaten in the first week. Shout groups can win this if they have something near a reasonable setup, the bosses are completely harmless and the fetters require only minimal organization(or can be sacced out completely).

It's cool they won, but they'd have gotten a much different response if they had simply posted a screenshot or at least left out the self-hype. 'We finally beat Dyna-Jeuno, we're pumped! Here's a video if anyone wants to look at it!' sounds a lot better than 'SECOND EN CLEAR BAHAMUT! ONLY TOOK 5 TRIES!'.
[+]
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2018-10-28 08:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Forums are full everyone according to that guy, no new posts someone alert a mod.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-28 08:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
People are being rude about it because rather than post a simple screenshot like everyone else, they made a thread and add in arrogant nonsense like 'second EN linkshell on Bahamut' and 'only 5 attempts'.

They are probably not even in the first 100 groups overall to clear, and it's not like Delve or Aeonic or Master Trial where there was a difficulty barrier. It was beaten in the first week. Shout groups can win this if they have something near a reasonable setup, the bosses are completely harmless and the fetters require only minimal organization(or can be sacced out completely).

It's cool they won, but they'd have gotten a much different response if they had simply posted a screenshot or at least left out the self-hype. 'We finally beat Dyna-Jeuno, we're pumped! Here's a video if anyone wants to look at it!' sounds a lot better than 'SECOND EN CLEAR BAHAMUT! ONLY TOOK 5 TRIES!'.

Add on the video is of the actual Mithra kill. The wave 3 bosses aren't the hard part of a clear, it's getting the groups efficiency to the point you can clear fetters and have 30~min left to go. The actual wave 3 boss is...extremely easy. Full DD buffs, swap some defensive buffs on every 20% for adds, keep RR up. It's far more stressful not *** up fetters clears, get all 8 down with some time to spare and it's super simple to clear. Hell, the wave 2 boss is far more dangerous than the wave 3 boss and a more difficult fight, *** all the spikes moves.
By fonewear 2018-10-28 09:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Cool story?

...oh what the story again ? I wasn't paying attention.

Oh yea congrats on your victory may your bragging be boastful and full of cheer. Shout your linkshell name from the mountaintops and so forth.
[+]
 Sylph.Zeocat
Server: Sylph
user: Zeota
By Sylph.Zeocat 2018-10-28 09:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats guys! Feels good taking down one of those freaks for the first time!
By Afania 2018-10-28 10:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a reason behind this. For many years, on this forum Bahamut has a bad rep of only having 2 big endgame ls, which siphoned all the endgame ready player and blocked endgame access from majority of player That's not in it. And whoever try to build an endgame ls from scratch didn't have enough manpower to do so. Resulting people leave for Asura and talk ***about this past on the forum repeatly for years.

They advertise it over and over again because this situation has changed as they built an endgame ls from scratch and got 2nd server clear(this is honestly not easy with resources available), proving a fact that breaking the barrier can be done.

On top of the fact that endgame ls advertisement is crucial for recruitment on small servers. People will jump server and add man power to the community to join a successful ls. But not worth the jump if ls is somewhat mediocre.

It means a lot more than "hur hur we got dyna D win".
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

you could say the same thing about 14 other servers, but people of all levels are clearing it everywhere, it just isn't that hard of content
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-28 10:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you could say the same thing about 14 other servers, but people of all levels are clearing it everywhere, it just isn't that hard of content

Yeah, people that's been doing endgame together as a group or ls are clearing, of course.

But my point is this:

Afania said: »
For many years, on this forum Bahamut has a bad rep of only having 2 big endgame ls, which siphoned all the endgame ready player and blocked endgame access from majority of player That's not in it.

It's less about the actual content difficulty but more about proving a fact that building an endgame ls on a server with such strong "endgame is impossible unless you join X LS" rep.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's every server except Asura. If anything, Bahamut is better off, as it has second highest NA population. Defeatist mentality isn't exclusive to you guys, lol.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-28 10:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's every server except Asura. If anything, Bahamut is better off, as it has second highest NA population. Defeatist mentality isn't exclusive to you guys, lol.

Well, you are free to name and talk about the story of people building an endgame ls on a 300 people server from scratch and successful at highest ilv content, lol. I would love to hear this kind of story.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Baha: 6712 active players
Levi: 3483 active players

Shells capable of doing W3 have assembled here. I don't doubt it's the same pretty much everywhere, people want to do content and the established shells don't want much more than 18 active members. It's normal, even if it's not as healthy a game state as most MMOs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-28 11:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Baha: 6712 active players
Levi: 3483 active players

Shells capable of doing W3 have assembled here. I don't doubt it's the same pretty much everywhere, people want to do content and the established shells don't want much more than 18 active members. It's normal, even if it's not as healthy a game state as most MMOs.

I'm aware of that, but many small server clears(at least the one that I know of) pulled very experienced endgame player from existing endgame groups. I mean, if the 2nd or 3rd largest NA server only had 2 aeonic lv ls for many years until early 2018 when other even smaller servers had more, I think its safe to say that theres some sort of barrier in the community.

Even smaller servers like Ragnarok had like 5ish(4 excluding overlapping members in 1 ls) aeonic capable English speaking groups in 2016.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 11:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Yeah, but have you 10 boxed it yet?
Haven't tried, did it with my linkshell and didn't seem interesting enough to go back. I'm sure I'll give it a run at some point when I feel like augmenting weapons for the chars I didn't bring with shell.

Guess I just don't understand what makes Bahamut so impossible, these 2 shells can't possibly be absorbing all the players or they'd be running 50+ each and people would get frustrated and leave. If it really is worse than anywhere else, it wouldn't speak to much besides a complete lack of people willing to lead.
By Afania 2018-10-28 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

or they'd be running 50+ each and people would get frustrated and leave.

Once we did a Jeuno clear with 18/18 alliance, after it's done we made another 18/18 alliance for those who sit out or needs mule clear and cleared the same zone gain.

32 people per event go.

And yeah, 50+ people endgame ls exists, lol. There are more these type of ls on Asura according to friends who claimed to have 50 people came for an event or something.

I personally think mega size ls is a good thing though, feel more like a community this way on a pretty dead server. Although it's certainly more work for the leaders to feed everyone gears so /cheer to the management team.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-28 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

On bahamut I run a huge social shell, from that shell I have seen 3 successful LS breaknoff and break Aeonic wall. You would be surprised how hard it is to keep members sometimes when people join game, gear up, play a bit, get into a static shell and then have to leave or quit for some reason.
It’s not that the top shells are gobbling everyone up it’s more akin to folks being spread out. Or lack of available shells to play with. Dreadnaught has been highly successful in the last 6 months goin from an idea to a Multi alliance linkshell and clearing Jeuno in a short period of time.
It has been impressive to watch and mad props to Shozo and Xeno for keepin it real and putting together a solid system and place for folks to play serious endgame content.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-28 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations on win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the congrats guys. Sucks about all the hate, but I partially knew that it was going to happen. This post wasn't a gloating post.

I get everyone saying it's not hard. I agree, after you have all the gear and experience to do it, it's not really that hard. Our 2nd aeonic wasn't hard, our 2nd Omen clear wasn't hard. The difficulty doesn't come from the content itself, it comes from the accessibility of the gear to do it. We did this with mages. It took me weeks to sort out very high tier gear for my BLM and learn the optimal way to maintain high DPS on the job/manage MP properly. It took me months to recruit Epeo RUNs, Idris GEOs, 4-song Bards, and CORs that could do more than roll.

Our shell started from nothing. 3 players, 2 dual-boxed mules for 5 characters. 4/5 of those characters less than a year old, 1 REMA (lolgungnir @ 75). I had run a Dyna shell back in the day, but the landscape is 100% different now. The point is No REMAs, No extensive knowledge of any expansions past ToAU, everything we did, we did it for the first time. We went from struggling with Nosoi to running the timer on Schah, to bearly being able to kill a single fetter, to wiping the whole zone with 50min on the clock to rebuff and go at the boss.

TLDR: We worked really hard for this. It's a shame that there's people who didn't have the same experience because it's extremely rewarding.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-10-28 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this my Dreadnaught friends from 14????
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 14:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Is this my Dreadnaught friends from 14????

Haven't talked to the rest of those dudes in a long time. So not really, but kinda.
By Afania 2018-10-28 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
it comes from the accessibility of the gear to do it.

This so much. People frenquently forgot how it feels to do endgame when all of your connections from social ls has little to no endgame experience/gears/jobs or even motivation, and all the people with endgame experience/gear/job already have groups, or left for Asura.

I personally think it's quite an accomplishment knowing the resource they had.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-10-28 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't even have "endgame" LSs in Shiva lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-28 15:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
We don't even have "endgame" LSs in Shiva lol

whatever happened to TaruSoDelicious?
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-10-28 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They have been gone like years before Adoulin came out, at least 3.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6