Is There A Plugin For Controller Cross Hotbar?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is there a plugin for controller cross hotbar?
Is there a plugin for controller cross hotbar?
By benjaman 2018-10-25 23:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if a windower4 plugin exists that replicates the ffxiv cross hotbar behavior? Or anything really that makes the controller experience better?
By Jetackuu 2018-10-26 01:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Elaborate for those who have never played the cashgrab waste that is XIV.

But my opinion as a massive controller user: only use it for movement, there's too much lag to use it effectively in battle.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-26 04:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

benjaman said: »
Does anyone know if a windower4 plugin exists that replicates the ffxiv cross hotbar behavior? Or anything really that makes the controller experience better?

There is not a plugin for mapping a controller to a cross bar like that. There is a plugin to create an xiv-like hotbar, but in Windower4 you cannot bind controller buttons explicitly so it cannot support a controller.

xivhotbar github

Windower5 is right around the corner and I believe it will have this functionality so maybe someone will extend the xivhotbar plugin to support this mode.

This is what XIVHotbar can look like:
By benjaman 2018-10-26 12:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the responses.
I agree that lag is a problem when using a controller but I still prefer to use it for combat over the keyboard.
The cross hotbar is a fantastic improvement to controller support but I don't see SE adding it to ffxi. I haven't heard anything about windower5 so I'll check it out.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-26 12:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just use a keyboard, the efficiency is just astronomically better. so says a person who always uses a controller (no desk).
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-26 17:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

benjaman said: »
Thank you for the responses.
I agree that lag is a problem when using a controller but I still prefer to use it for combat over the keyboard.
The cross hotbar is a fantastic improvement to controller support but I don't see SE adding it to ffxi. I haven't heard anything about windower5 so I'll check it out.

To clarify, Windower5 is believe will have binding support for controllers in a similar manner to keyboard, not a full cross-hotbar.

Windower5 is still a ways. It's a full re-write of Windower so most addons/plugins would be entirely or mostly broken. The new API is definitely intriguing and robust though so there's that.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-26 18:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of the best parts of Windower 5:

"Due to the many core changes in Windower 5, Windows XP will no longer be supported."

lol poor GoG.