What Kind Of FFXI Youtube Content Interests You?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
By Afania 2018-10-11 11:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's the information that is not being shared widely.

Or people needs to stop attacking those who shares information.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-11 16:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Best ffxi Youtube content creator right here.
that video was so painful to listen to, I had to stop after 2 five-min sections.

Quote:
That's...not the point? It was an example of a not-known trick that might be helpful to others, and would break down a lot of perception and misconceptions about what does/doesn't work, to your average player from a higher level player. There are others I just didn't list.

There are alot of experts out there for some jobs. so many of us have been playing that game for a long time.

But being an expert at 1 or a few jobs, can still leave one ignorant of alot of tricks on other jobs.
I leveled run up to 2100 jp during the cp campaign using just meghanada +2 set.
I'm gradually learning it a bit, but I'm really don't know the job well. I certainly don't know all the tricks.

but I know the tricks for bst and pup quite well.
 Asura.Diggs
Server: Asura
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2018-10-11 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rua is very good, I hope he inspire tons others. If there is one game that have content to make videos about, it should be freakin FFXI.

Ejin had some very good stuff too - but I really wish he (you!) do with voiceover! That really makes a difference, even though I know its a barrier to many.

More like indepth stuff on different weapons, job guides anno 2018, food, crafting, +++

A lot of people have been doing "running around yolo low-lvl". I guess that is fine too, but really lack more indepth.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-10-11 16:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think part of the reason there aren't more is that a lot of FFXI people learned it in a time before YouTube was a thing. The information always lies on some obscure forum or written guide.

"Make a video about it" just wasn't an option for a while, and thus just doesn't get done.
By Afania 2018-10-11 17:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Let's Play videos are always nice too, but youtubers need to be cognizant of how long their videos are. I tried to watch a let's play of FFXI the other day and it was like 6 hours long. Break that up into 10-20 minute videos, edit the content. Only use longer videos to show content that actually takes you a long time. No reason to show 4 hours of video with 1 hour of content and 3 hours of messing around in town / shouting / farming / talking to twitch followers.

If done right, FFXI Let's Play videos could be really good.

I would love to watch someone to make a video to cover the following important FFXI topics:

1) Flirt tips and tricks on different races.

2) Best dating locations.

3) mog house decoration tips, especially for parties.

4) 10 most exciting ways to kill your best friend when they are charmed.

5) lockstyle fashion guide.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 17:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
5) lockstyle fashion guide.

Yes! Yes, someone do this!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-11 17:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
ah yes pwnsalot

the guy who adds a comment in his video that reads:

Quote:
and one last thing. it's very important that you realize spicyryan doesn't have anything constructive to say. much like most ff11 players, people who don't create youtube content but do know a thing or two about the game like to (for whatever reason) bash on streamers/youtubers who know JUST AS MUCH about the game - saying things like "all this information is wrong etc etc" you people need to know i'm a pro at this game. anyone in the comments section talking ***about a video that i still have posted is clearly being ridiculous. if my video is still posted, that means i didn't take it down because it's *** right. i'm a boss. that is all.

claims to know "just as much" as other players, yet has 2hrs worth of wrong information

but we can't complain because he made youtube content

he's like butch hartman, only dumber and poorer

Also Pwnsalot:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Skip to 4:19:00 or so into it. On mobile and not able to figure linking to that time.
[+]
 Odin.Slycooper
Server: Odin
user: Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-10-11 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I stream the game on twitch sometimes and just listen to music. It is mostly me doing dumb crap like farming dragons or Ambu. I have tossed the idea about doing some video for youtube.

I miss the older FF videos like Genbu runs and old ballista videos

Included some old classics even one with me in it many dumb years ago lol.
By kalimairo 2018-10-11 17:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Is there any FFXI Youtube content other than Ruau?

Oh and I guess Huntin4Games or whatever, who called THF one of the worst jobs in modern FFXI, making him irrelevant.

Huntin4games is fun to watch
By Foxfire 2018-10-11 18:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
ah yes pwnsalot

the guy who adds a comment in his video that reads:

Quote:
and one last thing. it's very important that you realize spicyryan doesn't have anything constructive to say. much like most ff11 players, people who don't create youtube content but do know a thing or two about the game like to (for whatever reason) bash on streamers/youtubers who know JUST AS MUCH about the game - saying things like "all this information is wrong etc etc" you people need to know i'm a pro at this game. anyone in the comments section talking ***about a video that i still have posted is clearly being ridiculous. if my video is still posted, that means i didn't take it down because it's *** right. i'm a boss. that is all.

claims to know "just as much" as other players, yet has 2hrs worth of wrong information

but we can't complain because he made youtube content

he's like butch hartman, only dumber and poorer

Also Pwnsalot:

Skip to 4:19:00 or so into it. On mobile and not able to figure linking to that time.
https://youtu.be/8EM9W-AxW3s?t=15540

there u go

but also what am i looking at, besides the disgusting amounts of cheating
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-11 18:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The massive cheating on a stream is what I was getting at, lol.

If you want to get depressed I had that sent directly to a SE community service representative and it's been months and he's still playing.
By Foxfire 2018-10-11 18:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not at all surprised, honestly
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-11 18:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get depressed I had that sent directly to a SE community service representative and it's been months and he's still playing.
They can't use third party stuff as proof in a case.

Either you know a GM who is willing to go out of his way/against the rules to PB72/Perma this guy or you may as well just forget about it.
But even if you do, he'll have to use means that aren't taking this video into consideration whatsoever (and are against GM guidelines).

You have to go against the rules to get those people banned, it's crazy/sad but that's how it is.

Only one person to my knowledge was banned from third party clues, ever, but it was for an exploit, not a cheat.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-11 18:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

They can't use third party stuff as proof in a case.

Either you know a GM who is willing to go out of his way/against the rules to PB72/Perma this guy or you may as well just forget about it.

You have to go against the rules to get those people banned, it's crazy/sad but that's how it is.

Oh, I know. And from what I understand the office got a bit salty that Camate quit so I can't even verify they took it seriously. I played with the still SE employed rep a couple times but she's not a friend so no idea if they even took the report seriously. Just shows how little policing they do in the game.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-11 18:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the NA office has even more drastic rules and keep in mind that "Reps" have literally zero right to use any power (and are never in a situation to do so).

NA GMs are by default unable to enforce any policing based on knowledge that isn't brought through a GM call (and then witnessed for a specific amount of time, following the call).
A SGM however could do so, and it has been done in the past, but it is extremely rare and I'm not even sure if any of the NA SGMs from my time are still there (I know that one of them became LGM but he never played the game).

In any case, it'd be going against the rules and it can easily be waived by a naive/ignorant SGM.
By Justuas 2018-10-12 05:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't they flag you automatically if you speed/pos hack, or they don't really care anymore, do they?
By volkom 2018-10-12 09:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see more ffxi youtube vids like this.

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2018-10-12 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

spooky tales would be nice