Forum » FFXI » General » Can't log mule in
Can't log mule in
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-16 17:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So, somewhat similar to this other thread I'm experiencing something strange.

First I couldn't login to the game (stuck on POL with 0011), now like 2 days have passed and I can get to the char select screen.
I get slower but working login on my main, but it doesn't work for my mule (same account).
I get stuck on the "downloading data" black screen for a while. After some time has passed I get POL error 3001 saying there was some blahblah can't reach FFXI servers or something like that.
After this I get brought back to the charsel screen and if I attempt to login on my mule again, I get the "same character already logged in, try again later" message.

My Mule is currently in his mog house in Windurst Walls.

So basically I'm kinda lost. I don't even get if this is a caching issue on my PC or if it's some other issue caused by my ISP (but I can login on my main, sooo, I doubt?)

I'm looking for tips and suggestions if not to solve this issue at least to understand what the *** is going on exactely.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2018-09-16 18:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you've run into something new and unusual, the normal fix for this is to log in the character from a different public IP address. It happens rarely if you get stuck zoning, and is nothing with your connection or computer specifically.

The same computer is fine if you can change it on your side (change router MAC if on DHCP from your ISP, try a VPN, etc) otherwise a friend may be able to help log that character in and zone once to fix this for you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eevae
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Eevae
By Quetzalcoatl.Eevae 2018-09-16 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same exact problem a few days ago, fixed it by moving my laptop from router to iphone personal hotspot and logging in using the phone's wifi. Using that was able to log in on all chars, and there was no problem when moved back to the router again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Kealoha
Server: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-09-17 01:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »
Unless you've run into something new and unusual, the normal fix for this is to log in the character from a different public IP address. It happens rarely if you get stuck zoning, and is nothing with your connection or computer specifically.

The same computer is fine if you can change it on your side (change router MAC if on DHCP from your ISP, try a VPN, etc) otherwise a friend may be able to help log that character in and zone once to fix this for you.
This was similar to my fix. I discovered it was my network and perhaps a packet got stuck sending it to my computer’s MAC address. I tried logging into my hotspot and no problems. So while on my hotspot, I zoned out my chars to a different zone. Sometimes it would still come back and be stuck on the loading screen. My ultimate fix was to reboot my router and that cleared what packets were stuck. But yeah, having to reboot my router every time this happens doesn’t sound like the real fix. It just fixes the issue at that moment.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-17 02:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I already tried changing my IP from my router (simply interrupting and restarting my FTTH connection) but I guess I'll try once more.

Thanks!
By Malaketth 2018-09-17 08:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Try the hotspot suggestion mentioned above. This same dumb thing happens to me about every 4 months and this always seems to fix it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-17 09:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to see if I can connect my Mobile Phone to my Desktop PC and use it like a USB hotspot. Maybe? I'll try lol

I know it works as a Wi-Fi hotspot (used it in the past on a friend's PC for that), but my Desktop PC of course got no WiFi
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 10:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can wifi "hotspot" then you should be capable of USB "tethering"

Don't know what cell phone service you have to say for certain though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-17 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah worked, managed to log on my Mule, thanks guys!