Version update broke some things
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 06:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Unplayable? LOL go get some fresh air man. If it were unplayable then no one would be logging in. The bug makes some content harder and that is about it.
I live in America air is toxic sadly.
By kishr 2018-09-11 07:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The pain of waiting 24hr.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-11 07:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Unplayable? LOL go get some fresh air man. If it were unplayable then no one would be logging in. The bug makes some content harder and that is about it.

Uhhh sure, but what part of America? Or was that a joke? Lol
 Fenrir.Iiana
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishwambhari said: »
When breaking two (or 4, if you count ring and solstice) items makes the game borderline unplayable, one would think they would notice how ridiculous it was to balance the game around GEO, COR and BRD stacking their buffs to make things killable.

We made it to Disjoined Mithra and put her down to 34% and could've killed if we didn't *** around in wave 1 for 20 min. This game is far from "unplayable" because Idris wasn't working
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 07:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Uhhh sure, but what part of America? Or was that a joke? Lol
Over your head it's ok. That's beside the point I wanna get behind this no buff jobs for helms and wave 3 clear movement.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 07:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Iiana said: »
When breaking two (or 4, if you count ring and solstice) items makes the game borderline unplayable, one would think they would notice how ridiculous it was to balance the game around GEO, COR and BRD stacking their buffs to make things killable.

We made it to Disjoined Mithra and put her down to 34% and could've killed if we didn't *** around in wave 1 for 20 min. This game is far from "unplayable" because Idris wasn't working
Also wasn't just Idris but ok again you guys are proof this game can be done with no support buffs so let's see them clears without a single buff job. This can be proof to others who ask for buff jobs over taking a pup or monk to stuff.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it, It sucks, the dyna group I go with noticed it clearly when we were able to clear Dyna wave 3 jeuno with more than 30 mins spare couldn't clear it in time (maybe it was because we spent 30 mins farming wave 1 testing drops) today. Still managed to get the mask from the fetter thank god so i can start my Calad.

Go start another REMA weapon. Go do some farming in some form (maybe HTBF) Go find something to do. Game still has stuff to do. Omen was still manageable obviously it was harder but still cleared it. Plenty of people are still playing it just fine, You're just making excuses.[/quote]
aisukage said: »
aisukage said: »

1st the game isn't borderline unplayable. There is still plenty of content you can go do without them. The content your refering to is some of the harder content in this game.

Let's go clear wave 3 without a healer or tank either while your at it. Go 18 DD and just kill all the things without buffs.

If you could manage that then using a correct setup with buff, tanks and healer jobs would make it a joke.

It's not ridiculous in a strategic game to have to rely on using support jobs and stacking buffs to clear the harder content of the game.
The current game is borderline unplayable if your in endgame part like most of us. I rather not play til se get the ***right. Tbh the game should've been down yesterday for this bug which shows they dont play test everything it seems.

I get it, It sucks, the dyna group I go with noticed it clearly when we were able to clear Dyna wave 3 jeuno with more than 30 mins spare couldn't clear it in time (maybe it was because we spent 30 mins farming wave 1 testing drops) today. Still managed to get the mask from the fetter thank god so i can start my Calad.

Go start another REMA weapon. Go do some farming in some form (maybe HTBF) Go find something to do. Game still has stuff to do. Omen was still manageable obviously it was harder but still cleared it. Plenty of people are still playing it just fine, You're just making excuses.

>Jeuno
>Calad
Oops. How'd this go?
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also wasn't just Idris but ok again you guys are proof this game can be done with no support buffs so let's see them clears without a single buff job. This can be proof to others who ask for buff jobs over taking a pup or monk to stuff.

I... should I need to state everything? Technically Rostam buffs worked. It wasn't with *no* buffs, it's not like Geo and Cor were removed from the game and bard had full functionality. My point was "unplayable" is hyperbole. It wasn't ideal, it took longer, but are some people seriously going to whine and quit because their toys didn't work for 24 hours?
By aisukage 2018-09-11 07:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

>Jeuno
>Calad
Oops. How'd this go?

Was fun. Was with a good group of people i enjoy playing with, Can't wait to get these augments maxed out now and play with it.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeuno is aeonic weapons, isn't it?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 07:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I... should I need to state everything? Technically Rostam buffs worked. It wasn't with *no* buffs, it's not like Geo and Cor were removed from the game and bard had full functionality. My point was "unplayable" is hyperbole. It wasn't ideal, it took longer, but are some people seriously going to whine and quit because their toys didn't work for 24 hours?

Nah not quit just not gonna make excuses for a company that's got way more than enough time to test stuff but whatever it's fixed. Also it's like now you say people should whine about toys being broken it's kinda the same thing when people dont follow meta. Also do I need to state everything because you decide to do something doesn't mean others need to agree or do it.
By aisukage 2018-09-11 07:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeuno is aeonic weapons, isn't it?
ah right yeah sorry we did sandy. I'm getting mixed up cause Jeuno was decided for next run to unlock aeonics, which is where i'm probably getting mixed up lol. Thanks for pointing that out XD
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-11 07:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i just meant that, from my point of view, it probably wasnt wise to let all these different de/buffs from different classes stack together and balance the game around it.
I also am very, very pleased that many showed they don't care too much about killspeed, "as long as it's doable". Wish the community would have this same approach when deciding whether or not to bring MNKs as DD. Or bring newer players with them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah not quit just not gonna make excuses for a company that's got way more than enough time to test stuff but whatever it's fixed. Also it's like now you say people should whine about toys being broken it's kinda the same thing when people dont follow meta.

I mean, there was a brief 24 hour meta where improvised gameplay was presented given some key ***didn't work. I don't think it's important to follow the meta, whatever works, works.

I agree this shouldn't have happened to begin with, but let's say for whatever reason it lasted a week. I don't see it as *such* a hindrance as to waste your sub for seven days or unsub altogether because "it's too hard now." This is what keeps people from beating end game to begin with.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 07:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i just meant that, from my point of view, it probably wasnt wise to let all these different de/buffs from different classes stack together and balance the game around it.
I also am very, very pleased that many showed they don't care too much about killspeed, "as long as it's doable". Wish the community would have this approach when deciding whether to bring MNKs as DDs or bring newer players with them.

I think there's a defining line between dealing with a problem that affects everyone versus carrying a new player, or worse, a monk.

There should be a bit more variety than "start party with cor/geo/brd then figure out the rest" but hey, the big thing bards got for their instruments this update was: they worked on day 1
[+]
By kishr 2018-09-11 07:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg created a section for this info? Can I get a link?
Also wave 3 maps if they've been made.
Thx
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 07:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I also am very, very pleased that many showed they don't care too much about killspeed, "as long as it's doable". Wish the community would have this approach when deciding whether to bring MNKs as DDs or bring newer players with them.

I think there's a defining line between dealing with a problem that affects everyone versus carrying a new player, or worse, a monk.

There should be a bit more variety than "start party with cor/geo/brd then figure out the rest" but hey, the big thing bards got for their instruments this update was: they worked on day 1
Should be way more variety than just bring war drk reso spam because someone didnt wanna level war drk or sam. God forbid people need clears on monk lol.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 08:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Thx

Info that stuff is broken or info on Wave 3? I can do an info dump on that bit, I guess.

Should be way more variety than just bring war drk reso spam because someone didnt wanna level war drk or sam. God forbid people need clears on monk lol.

You can clear wave 1 with a monk :^)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 08:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Thx

Info that stuff is broken or info on Wave 3? I can do an info dump on that bit, I guess.

You can clear wave 1 with a monk :^)
Lmao so mean they can join the other jobs that need to get 10k points I guess lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 09:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. No, I'm mostly being sassy. We have about that many free slots for sure. I like playing white mage though, so I could come that for runs indefinitely. As for everyone else, they can kind of come whatever providing we win?