Forum » FFXI » General » Version update broke some things
Version update broke some things
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Iiana
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-10 04:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I saw that another player had mentioned something was off when they were playing around with some apex bats a bit ago. I tested my idris and regal necklace out, and it looks like Geomancy + gear and Corsair roll + gear does not work at this time. Tactician's roll was low, chaos roll was low, hunter's roll was low.
Indi refresh, and geo refresh weren't giving proper returns, same for fury and precision. I'm going to do some more thorough testing but it looks like frailty isn't working the way it should either. Technically all these spells "work" as intended, but any potency + gear does not. Hope this doesn't affect anyone too badly today.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 05:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, bot GEO and COR can't apply bonuses to rolls/bubbles from equipment now. Idris finally nerfed! :^)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-10 06:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will fix this ASAP. But the layout for Apex parties will be interesting for a short time. Will people still bring Cor/Geo once they realize their supply of powerful buffs has been cut off? Will they use less wanted DD jobs for a short duration? Who knows.
By SimonSes 2018-09-10 06:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure those bonuses on gear don't work because they are not in main hand :) #SpaghettiCode
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-10 08:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Pretty sure those bonuses on gear don't work because they are not in main hand :) #SpaghettiCode
O M G
Where have you been putting your idris all this time?
By SimonSes 2018-09-10 08:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishwambhari said: »
O M G

Actually I only play COR between those 2 jobs and completely forgot that Idris :D But it was a joke anyway :P
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-10 08:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

O M G

Actually I only play COR between those 2 jobs and completely forgot that Idris :D But it was a joke anyway :P
That's a relief! Glad to know you dont have any silly perversions

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 00:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: Allegedly Corsair roll gets the roll bonus from Rostam
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-09-11 00:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

on a totally unrelated note, i popped warder of mercy earlier and it was unclaimed, and depopped like 10 seconds later. *happyface*
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-09-11 00:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
on a totally unrelated note, i popped warder of mercy earlier and it was unclaimed, and depopped like 10 seconds later. *happyface*

That has happened with me a few times in the past with regards to Warder NMs showing up unclaimed and de-popping.

In terms for broke cor/geo
My best guess is that they changed some codes to calculate “Main hand” for bonus to potency on these new augments and it messed with what was currently in place taking precedence over the former.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-09-11 01:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee burning Reisenjima NMs was hilarious without COR/GEO potency.

Especially Golden Kist...

T2 with an 18-man group has a lot of HP and even with very strong melee, they were longer fights. Didn't bother attempting T3 because 1 and 2 took 2 hours to clear lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-09-11 02:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not fixed yet?

Aight, that's me logged out for the night.
[+]
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 05:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Emergency maintenance started an hour ago. Also, we've done quite a bit despite geoo and for not working as intended
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 05:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
My best guess is that they changed some codes to calculate “Main hand” for bonus to potency on these new augments and it messed with what was currently in place taking precedence over the former.

Hope the fix is to get rid of the whole concept of "Main hand" for augments and forget to ever go back to it.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-11 05:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope the fix also makes some of these weapons have augments that matter. Having burtgang, idris, carnwenhan, and yagrush with zero incentive to augment any is disappointing to say the least.
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-11 05:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When breaking two (or 4, if you count ring and solstice) items makes the game borderline unplayable, one would think they would notice how ridiculous it was to balance the game around GEO, COR and BRD stacking their buffs to make things killable.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-09-11 05:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When breaking two (or 4, if you count ring and solstice) items makes the game borderline unplayable, one would think they would notice how ridiculous it was to balance the game around GEO, COR and BRD stacking their buffs to make things killable.

1st the game isn't borderline unplayable. There is still plenty of content you can go do without them. The content your refering to is some of the harder content in this game.

Let's go clear wave 3 without a healer or tank either while your at it. Go 18 DD and just kill all the things without buffs.

If you could manage that then using a correct setup with buff, tanks and healer jobs would make it a joke.

It's not ridiculous in a strategic game to have to rely on using support jobs and stacking buffs to clear the harder content of the game.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 05:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »

1st the game isn't borderline unplayable. There is still plenty of content you can go do without them. The content your refering to is some of the harder content in this game.

Let's go clear wave 3 without a healer or tank either while your at it. Go 18 DD and just kill all the things without buffs.

If you could manage that then using a correct setup with buff, tanks and healer jobs would make it a joke.

It's not ridiculous in a strategic game to have to rely on using support jobs and stacking buffs to clear the harder content of the game.
The current game is borderline unplayable if your in endgame part like most of us. I rather not play til se get the ***right. Tbh the game should've been down yesterday for this bug which shows they dont play test everything it seems.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-11 05:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Servers are backup. Can confirm Geomancy+ is working again. 16/tick indi refresh with idris at 900+ combined skill.
By aisukage 2018-09-11 05:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

The current game is borderline unplayable if your in endgame part like most of us. I rather not play til se get the ***right. Tbh the game should've been down yesterday for this bug which shows they dont play test everything it seems.

I get it, It sucks, the dyna group I go with noticed it clearly when we were able to clear Dyna wave 3 jeuno with more than 30 mins spare couldn't clear it in time (maybe it was because we spent 30 mins farming wave 1 testing drops) today. Still managed to get the mask from the fetter thank god so i can start my Calad.

Go start another REMA weapon. Go do some farming in some form (maybe HTBF) Go find something to do. Game still has stuff to do. Omen was still manageable obviously it was harder but still cleared it. Plenty of people are still playing it just fine, You're just making excuses.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 06:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it, It sucks, the dyna group I go with noticed it clearly when we were able to clear Dyna wave 3 jeuno with more than 30 mins spare couldn't clear it in time (maybe it was because we spent 30 mins farming wave 1 testing drops) today. Still managed to get the mask from the fetter thank god so i can start my Calad.

Go start another REMA weapon. Go do some farming in some form (maybe HTBF) Go find something to do. Game still has stuff to do. Omen was still manageable obviously it was harder but still cleared it. Plenty of people are still playing it just fine, You're just making excuses.
Not making excuses guy its content I dont current nerd or have interest in so why am I gonna do something else on the game that has 100% no benefit for me? Stop making excuses for SE not noticing something that they claim they have tested. Htbf dont start til this morning so why waste time doing it yesterday? Just because you need something like that does mean others do. Why do people keep making excuses for stupid stuff like this?
By aisukage 2018-09-11 06:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not making excuses guy its content I dont current nerd or have interest in so why am I gonna do something else on the game that has 100% no benefit for me? Stop making excuses for SE not noticing something that they claim they have tested. Htbf dont start til this morning so why waste time doing it yesterday? Just because you need something like that does mean others do. Why do people keep making excuses for stupid stuff like this?

I'm not making excuses for SE it's an issue that should never have happened. So what content do "you need?" The only content that was not doable without GEO is possibly beating Dyna wave 3 Boss and perhaps some HELMs. Is that all you do when you log in? If so then don't play. Doesn't mean the game is "unplayable" like you were stating. There is tons still available to do. I still went and did Dyna wave 3 (endgame content just saying) today knowing full well Geo was broken so we could farm RP for some peoples necks and unlock our groups Mask of light so we can start augmenting our empy weapons instead of having to farm 10k JP. The game was still very much "playable" and that's the key word. stop trying to make an argument when there isn't 1 to make. Either play or don't that's your choice.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 06:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not making excuses for SE it's an issue that should never have happened. So what content do "you need?" The only content that was not doable without GEO is beating Dyna wave 3 Boss and perhaps some HELMs. Is that all you do when you log in? If so then don't play. Doesn't mean the game is "unplayable" like you were stating. There is tons still available to do. I still went and did Dyna wave 3 (endgame content just saying) today knowing full well Geo was broken so we could farm RP for some peoples necks and unlock our groups Mask of light so we can start augmenting our empy weapons instead of having to farm 10k JP. The game was still very much "playable" and that's the key word. stop trying to make an argument when there isn't 1 to make. Either play or don't that's your choice.
Again unplayable for some and for some it's not simple you wanted to make the arguement so it's on you. I got an idea dont drop a damn patch and not test it. Simple you choice to do wave 3 without those jobs cool amazing I dont wanna do that get over it. We got different views on unplayable it's all good move on. And yes that's really the only things I care for doing at this point in the game. I should have to zomg not play the game because a company that's been working on this patch since July cant do things right btw.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-11 06:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Yet people went and did and probably killed wave 3 lastnight without any fuss, my shell did lastnight and we got the boss down to 8% and we probably could have pushes it if not for a few deaths that set us back on the dps line because careless placement of themselves.
Ya seems like alot of people did this maybe se should just said *** it and let cor and geo the way it is for a month or two. Maybe you guys found a new meta stop using cors and geo buffs! If you cant clear content without buffers then you bad then I like it! If enough people jump on geos dont need to look into Idris or make master.
By aisukage 2018-09-11 06:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Yet people went and did and probably killed wave 3 lastnight without any fuss, my shell did lastnight and we got the boss down to 8% and we probably could have pushes it if not for a few deaths that set us back on the dps line because careless placement of themselves.

good to know. We got through the fetters ourselves but wanted to farm some wave 1 for testing purposes. lost a good 30+ mins at the start doing so. Maybe we could of gotten close to killing it also. I only assumed it wasn't possible but glad to hear it was possibly doable.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-09-11 06:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unplayable? LOL go get some fresh air man. If it were unplayable then no one would be logging in. The bug makes some content harder and that is about it.
[+]
First Page 2