Einherjar T3: Freke - Possible Glitch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Einherjar T3: Freke - Possible Glitch?
Einherjar T3: Freke - Possible Glitch?
 Asura.Pilipinoboi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Pilipinoboi 2018-09-07 00:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

So during my grind for mythic progression, I've encountered this twice recently where Freke (Cerberus NM) on T3 would take regular damage from 100% to around 49-48% of it's HP.

From there however, it would have severe damage mitigation where my WS would drop to the lowly 200-400 range and my normal hits would hit for 0 while a new magma hoplon is up but only swing for about 40-70 points of damage otherwise. (Using an AG Caladbolg)

Is there a glitch with this boss or did it just stack Magma Hoplon so much that I missed it on the chat log? On the odd percentage of the NM's life, I am able to hit and drain for normal but otherwise, it becomes a ridiculously long fight.

Once I succeeded in downing the NM and well now, the second time this happened, I timed out and got kicked from the chamber.

I did however still receive the full 1,920 Ampoules I would have gotten for a full clear so I just don't know what's going on?

All other instances in Einherjar has been fine where I destroy the whole chamber within 5 minutes if that. It's just Freke being a freak!

Thanks in advance to all your responses.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-09-07 01:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It has an older cerberus mechanic where dealing too much of physical or magical will increase their dt- to that damage type

Just alternate between magical and physical and he goes down in no time like all other bosses.

Ichor is dependent on how much of the trash you're able to kill. Bosses just unlock the reward chest in the end.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-07 02:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I hate to admit it, BLU is a great job for farming ichor and completely demolishes Freke
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-09-07 09:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

or just use magical WS or non elemental ones like requiescat. it does wonders on the cerb mobs.
works for ein as well as salvage II.
as someone pointed out, you just need to alternate magic and physical dmg. sc counts as magic of course. blu physical spell count as magic but get the physical resistance so keep spamming sinker drill and your dmg will keep increasing.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-07 09:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
As much as I hate to admit it, BLU is a great job for farming ichor and completely demolishes Freke

BLU destroys Einherjar and Nyzul.

Gearing BLU should be step one to any Mythic
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-07 09:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU destroys Aht Urghan in general, including Salvage. This same mechanic exists for the Salvage dogs as well, so I usually try to start the fights off with a few Requiescats, then hit it with a huge self-CDC SC to end it quickly.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-07 11:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know that Cdc > sinker > TC one shots them, right. From 100%
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-09-07 11:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BST also destroys this stuff.
1-shot all trash with cricket.
Primal > teg = darkness = dead cerb.

really tho any self SC with 1 magical WS and 1 physical WS should be enough to crush it as long as you end the SC with the strong WS for maximum dmg.

Also, as stated above, you can ignore the boss to save time or annoyance and still get max points.
By Felgarr 2018-09-07 12:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »

really tho any self SC with 1 magical WS and 1 physical WS should be enough to crush it as long as you end the SC with the strong WS for maximum dmg.

Also, as stated above, you can ignore the boss to save time or annoyance and still get max points.

You can drop your lamp without killing the boss and still get 1920 ichor? ....If this is true, I need to sit down.
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-09-07 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember tomahawking him back in the day!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-07 20:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Kodaijin said: »

You can drop your lamp without killing the boss and still get 1920 ichor? ....If this is true, I need to sit down.

What about all those gold ingot drops tho?
[+]
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-09-10 12:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pilipinoboi said: »
I did however still receive the full 1,920 Ampoules I would have gotten for a full clear so I just don't know what's going on?
you just need to cap damage, i usually exit when adds are deads, i don't claim the boss.
but if you do this, you can't get KI