Beyond Keeping Subscribers, Why REMA Augs?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Beyond keeping subscribers, why REMA augs?
Beyond keeping subscribers, why REMA augs?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-28 21:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do not see the point of these augments -- even if I have not seem them yet -- since every little bit of content in this game is quite do-able with the current state of REMAs (and most content do not even really require them in the sense of make-or-break wins).

Does anyone suspect they might have more difficult content in the near future?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-28 22:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There really is no hidden agenda here, it really is just to keep a grind for subs.

While you feel that everything is quite possible to accomplish, there are thousands of people that feel the opposite and can't accomplish jack ***.

No foolies, there's a good 7000 people on asura alone that can't even accomplish a Difficult ambuscade, no matter how well you gear them. These kind of updates are just better crutches for them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-08-28 22:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the weapons IS the accomplishment.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-28 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I think the augment system is a complete miscalculation on SE's part.

Theoretically, the augments make it easier for lower-ability groups to get stuff done. It's supposed to decrease the gap between well-geared players and not well-geared players --- and, possibly as a consequence, prevent certain players from being barred out of end-endgame content.

The issue is that this content is locked behind the Dynamis Wave 3 bosses, making it effectively useless, because only the good players are going to have a shot at being even able to get the augments.

The job point requirement seems like it could address this, but I'm certain the JP requirement is going to be ludicrous too. So what's the *** point?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-28 22:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"the point" is always money. if it's a hundred thousand job points, that's months of sub money while you pretend to have a goal to accomplish. Pretty simple.

People have 20 REMA, that's a literal metric *** ton of grind. that requires months, not days/weeks
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-28 22:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"the point" is always money. if it's a hundred thousand job points, that's months of sub money while you pretend to have a goal to accomplish. Pretty simple.

People have 20 REMA, that's a literal metric *** ton of grind. that requires months, not days/weeks

When I talk about "the point" I'm talking about one related to actual game design, not whorish grind material.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-28 22:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you pretend that money isn't the actual objective.

The point is balance REMA a little better, and do it with grind, instead of just a fix.

Mythics need higher base damage, check.
Relics need ws to do more damage, check.
Aeonics need nothing but they have to do something to avoid bitching, check.

"Closer" to balanced.

Quote:
Apoc 383 5.8% increase
Liberator 364 10.3% increase
Redemption 367 3.67% increase
Anguta 387 4.59% increase
Su5 369 4.23% increase

It's basically the same thing they did with shitty aftermaths. You have to Glow to get the fix. Instead of properly fixing.
By Afania 2018-08-28 22:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
I really do not see the point of these augments -- even if I have not seem them yet -- since every little bit of content in this game is quite do-able with the current state of REMAs (and most content do not even really require them in the sense of make-or-break wins).

Does anyone suspect they might have more difficult content in the near future?

Of course there will be more difficult content coming. It's mmo, not possible to keep content and player power stagnant unless SE doesn't want money anymore.

Newer contents already has higher dps check than omen/ambu VD. Iroha fight is probably designed for a group with augmented DREAM weapons with so much hp.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-08-29 02:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think the weapons meta is gonna change much, if they add on all the weapons the WS that's tied with it WSdmg+10% on it plus stat vomit that affects that ws, it will make those weapons that use the ws even more broken (hello calad, masa, dp) than before leaving the other options more obsolete really.

I wanna see augments on necks more than the weapons really, some of them can get some nasty configurations if they do it right lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-29 02:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why we can never have nice things because there will always be someone who psycho analyses every decision and complains that's it's "not needed". Don't people ever get tired of looking for things to gripe about? Gets old so fast
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-29 03:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The new upgrades will open the door to easier wave3 clears for the general public similar to how the initial Delve clears opened the floodgates while also making it possible for groups to 10-12man the content instead of the standard 16-18 being used now.

Iroha MT should be significantly more manageable to clear after the update as myself and many other groups have been able to clear all the adds without much issue but get stuck on the hard DPS/survivability check for Iroha v2.

And don't forget they stopped making new Intense Ambuscades in order to focus on making new content. If their massive turnaround of Dynamis D from bust to amazing is a sign for the game's future content, count me exited.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-29 04:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Few points why Augments are needed:

* Post update, other paradigms will spawn and different play styles will be generated on an individual level.

* Its not about what DREAM needs, its more about generating more options to clear things outside the realm of "meta".

* What seems to be the issue with understanding DREAM Weapons is that the player base overwhelmingly prefer building certain weapons based off the risk in situations where they know certain specificities rather than choosing an alternative risk scenario in which the odds are completely unknown or shift their paradigm quite significantly in another direction of overall performance.

Thats a classic case of Ellsberg Paradox, your narrow frame of reference dictates your judgment and not your [play style/conditions/scenarios..etc].

For instance [should only be taken as a reference and not a generalization]; between all DREAM weapons for DRG in the same[content environment/buffs/team members synergy and chemistry] you will find that Relic preforms the best overall under AM in Divergence followed by Empy and lastly Aeonic.

It constantly applies defense down and it overwrites itself coupled with spikes effect, so you’re basically looking at a very solid DPS machine by now amongst "top" DPS jobs making it extremely competitive and even winning parse every now and then.

The point here is to shed more light on all the spectrum of gaming other than the narrow view of "NA Meta"
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-08-29 04:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with the most what you said Katriina, the part about relic and empy winning with Aeonic is kinda hard to believe.

Gugnir's relic WS is shitty compered to Stardiver. Even with +40% it's only 3.0 fTP and it's also a one hit WS if i'm not mistaken so limited possibility of multi attack proc. Now at 1000TP AM only works for 20 sec, so you would need to use that weaponskill pretty much all the time, to keep that AM up. AM is only 5% DA and 5%attack and I doubt that can make up for using worse WS. Also on paper Geirskogul maybe looks more competitive, because you probably check for exactly 1000TP, but DRG will actually rarely WS at 1000TP, the TP overflow on this job is huge and makes the gap between relic WS and Stardiver much bigger, especially with multi attack proc.

Unless you want to pop 3000TP, then spam Stardiver?
Still Trishula increase Stardiver damage by 23% at 1000TP and 15% at 2000TP (assuming you use moonshade), which is pretty significant. It also let it do Darkness/Umbra, which is a huge boost in ally DPS. I agree that def down is nice, but sometimes it might not proc, or proc too late etc. In alliance, you also usually have other form of def down available to apply for tougher enemies. For example Tachi: Ageha, Full break, Angon and they won't stack so add effect from Gungnir is useless then.
By Justuas 2018-08-29 05:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you see the point of Idris? If you do, I believe you can see the point of these augments as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-29 05:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
the part about relic and empy winning with Aeonic is kinda hard to believe

The thing is, its actually not.. and very situational.
This is exactly why I mentioned the Ellsberg Paradox to begin with.

Unless you want to pop 3000TP, then spam Stardiver?

The common practice for me on DRG is [3k AM3 up + Stardiver Spam] for all except Trish provided that maintaining AM3 is extremely easy for any weapon on DRG for that matter.

In regards to SD you also need to realize that Relic AM adds 5% DA which contributes directly to its DMG, quite potently too.

In alliance, you also usually have other form of def down available to apply for tougher enemies.

[In Divergence]
Again you're assuming fixed scenarios with fixed parameters in a closed up system of variables when in reality you will see a missed [Dia/tagged bubble] or someone didn't use Ageha or Armor Break because the person is [typing/talking/eating] or outright ignoring it when there is a weapon that applies it directly without sacrificing their "preferred" ws.

These decisions are happening in realtime shifting the dynamics of alliance organically with varying degrees of performance and giving more props to weapons that provide more than "pure power".

Also:

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
[should only be taken as a reference and not a generalization]

Hope its clear now~
[+]
By kishr 2018-08-29 06:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The typical complaints about something before they even know what it is.
Put your running shoes on and go outside for a jog.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kishr 2018-08-29 07:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.quora.com/How-many-video-games-exist

14000 video games just on steam you can choose from.

If you don't like it here, go find happiness elsewhere.
By Aerix 2018-08-29 08:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Now at 1000TP AM only works for 20 sec, so you would need to use that weaponskill pretty much all the time, to keep that AM up.

According to BGwiki the 20sec duration is only for the Shock Spikes effect from Geirskogul, while AM from Gungnir lasts 60 seconds at 1000 TP.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-29 10:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1000tp is 60sec
2000tp is 120sec
3000tp is 180sec
By fonewear 2018-08-29 11:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All I want to know is monk great again ?

I want Kick Attack damage to be like 99,999 dmg per kick.

Since they don't know how to fix the H2H. Give us weapons for our feet.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-29 11:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like the acronym of REAMD... better depicts the action required to finish.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-08-29 13:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I could seem them doing something beyond job master. Cause what would be the ultimate time sink...making you get 10,000 job points for 5% WS DMG etc.

Also you get 4 stars instead of 3. Cause 4 stars is elite.

That or they could add new content. And by new I mean doing Abyssea but with mobs with more HP.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-29 13:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Do you see the point of Idris? If you do, I believe you can see the point of these augments as well.

Apples and oranges. They could have made a completely different ultimate weapon for GEO -- so long as they actually provide one since all the other jobs have a mythic (RUN gets Epeo) -- and it would have been just fine. Please stick to the topic -- we are talking about further augmenting ultimate weapons that already make the game "easy". As if Idris isn't already powerful enough, now imagine a further augmented Idris. This game would be boring as hell.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-29 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is why we can never have nice things because there will always be someone who psycho analyses every decision and complains that's it's "not needed". Don't people ever get tired of looking for things to gripe about? Gets old so fast

Oh the irony...

No one is looking for something to gripe about. This was merely a question of curiosity (at first anyway) as to why these overpowered weapons need further overpowering augments. If you cannot keep the discussion academic, find another topic to gripe about.

People keep citing the Iroha battle as if it were some legit. reason for augments. That content is one month old! (or should I say new?) If after a year when all the mechanics have been figured out and winning is still out of reach for 99% of REMA owners, then I can see a need for augments. But given that Dynamis D wave 3 has already been cleared without any augmented REMA weapons (and it's only, what, a few months old) I cannot help but wonder if these augments will ultimately just shorten the lifespan of any new content they put out, like we see with Dynamis D.
By Sockfoot 2018-08-29 14:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Apples and oranges. They could have made a completely different ultimate weapon for GEO -- so long as they actually provide one since all the other jobs have a mythic (RUN gets Epeo) -- and it would have been just fine. Please stick to the topic -- we are talking about further augmenting ultimate weapons that already make the game "easy". As if Idris isn't already powerful enough, now imagine a further augmented Idris. This game would be boring as hell.
You have no idea what they will make the augs on Idris and therefore have no idea if the game will be 'boring as hell' though. Everyone is assuming things like:
DirectX said: »
the balancing they have done is not enough for most weapons anyway.
but we actually know very little of what is to come about how well they balanced things (optimism) unless I missed some info newer than the stuff for DRK from the video?
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-29 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »

You have no idea what they will make the augs on Idris and therefore have no idea if the game will be 'boring as hell' though. Everyone is assuming things like:
DirectX said: »
the balancing they have done is not enough for most weapons anyway.
but we actually know very little of what is to come about how well they balanced things (optimism) unless I missed some info newer than the stuff for DRK from the video?

I don't need to. The fact that current content can be cleared by most REMA owners means that ANYTHING they put on is just that tiny bit much more overpowered than it already is. Balance between REMAs is irrelevant here given that the current state of REMAs is that they are more than enough for content.

I am not saying these future augments will immediately make the game boring. However, the slow stat crawl will eventually lead to what we have now with ToAU (as an example). Unless you think spamming Salvage is not boring...
By zaxtiss 2018-08-29 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
To be honest, I think the augment system is a complete miscalculation on SE's part.

Theoretically, the augments make it easier for lower-ability groups to get stuff done. It's supposed to decrease the gap between well-geared players and not well-geared players --- and, possibly as a consequence, prevent certain players from being barred out of end-endgame content.

The issue is that this content is locked behind the Dynamis Wave 3 bosses, making it effectively useless, because only the good players are going to have a shot at being even able to get the augments.

The job point requirement seems like it could address this, but I'm certain the JP requirement is going to be ludicrous too. So what's the *** point?
JP requirement when did SE mention that? i didn't see them say anything about it.
First Page 2