Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Omen midbosses not popping
Omen midbosses not popping
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-08-25 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS clears Omen seven to eight times a week. We never get Craver. We literally have had twenty four Thinkers in a row. Before that it was maybe two Cravers and the rest Gorgers. Is there a trick to popping certain bosses? It’s just rather annoying as we have shields and earrings to get for our LS. Thanks in advance if anyone has insight into this.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-25 11:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

random thing is random
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-08-25 11:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a lucky egg and face west when you go up. It makes me get craver 33% of the time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 11:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Enter midboss floor with Monk with mache earring in left slot, rajas on the right. Then proceed to enter the following code
UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B START

guaranteed Craver
[+]
 Asura.Dakrone
By Asura.Dakrone 2018-08-25 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
Use a lucky egg and face west when you go up. It makes me get craver 33% of the time

I do this plus an extra 360’ and get it 33.33% if the time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2018-08-25 11:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Enter midboss floor with Monk with mache earring in left slot, rajas on the right. Then proceed to enter the following code
UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B START

guaranteed Craver
Lmfao

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-25 12:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »
We literally have had twenty four Thinkers in a row.

Let's think about this for a minute. If we're assuming that the midbosses have an equal chance of spawning, this is nearly a statistical impossibility.

The chances of getting 24 Thinkers in a row, assuming the ~33% chance, is 1 in 359 billion. I'm just trying to figure out if you're mistaken, something weird is going on, or you just won the worst lottery ever.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-25 13:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Let's think about this for a minute. If we're assuming that the midbosses have an equal chance of spawning, this is nearly a statistical impossibility.

The chances of getting 24 Thinkers in a row, assuming the ~33% chance, is 1 in 359 billion. I'm just trying to figure out if you're mistaken, something weird is going on, or you just won the worst lottery ever.
Lol :dead:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 13:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 24 thinkers in a row is the same reason why every one of my dm augments contain pet:str+4. Random numbers are random. Same reason why everybody but me seemed to be getting omen bodies from anv campaigns and aman trove. It's literally just an anomaly and you're gonna get Craver tonight.

That's what happens when you introduce random chance to games. One person gets defending ring 1/1, someone else goes 100 straight and sees nothing. /shrug
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-25 13:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

(1 / 3) ^ 24 should be 1 in 282,429,536,481. How did you get 359 billion?
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-08-25 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I better go get a lottery ticket then.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-25 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but since the event came out people have reported getting very odd distributions of on the mid bosses. With some people getting the exact same one each time and others never getting that one. Probably is some overly complex determination going on that happens to get some people to line up a lot idk

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-25 17:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

(1 / 3) ^ 24 should be 1 in 282,429,536,481. How did you get 359 billion?

I did a quick .33 decimal on the calculator I was using. I assumed the that probability tables didn't use an exact 1/3 anyway (because many video games don't) so I just went ballpark.