Info On Aug 2018 Ambuscade Vol 2?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Info on Aug 2018 Ambuscade Vol 2?
Info on Aug 2018 Ambuscade Vol 2?
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2018-08-24 16:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate and I don't have the "preferred" jobs to do Vol. 1, so we have to do Vol.2 if we want anything done for Ambu this month.

Problem is, bgwiki has next to nothing about it, only the name of the mob (Turgmam ?), and that it has elementals it spawns, and that you need to kill elementals for the KI.

Is there anything else?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-24 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've literally only seen one shout for V2

You can do V1 without rng/cor/smn you just treat it like the first time we did frog.

Kite Flayer and do damage when he stops to cast, it's crazy slow and inconvenient as ***, but anything is better than V2
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2018-08-24 21:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it a couple times just out of curiosity. I haven't been able to figure out much about it, though.

Turgmam seems to take damage each time you kill one of the elementals, so you can more or less ignore the boss if you want (though it seems pretty slow if you do).
By Blackhalo714 2018-08-24 21:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been able to do with beastmaster on VD since I usually have both KI's. Primal rend> buffet does well on her. Plus Aeos the adds. Towards the end she spawns adds like crazy. Just been using run wild at start of the fight. Barfire helps also. I don't think you really need to kill the ads but they do start to spawn fast and use strong fire spells.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-08-24 22:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed a VD vol 2 since KI was sitting around, I completely ignored adds (they didn't do any real damage to my sam) and just SC'd boss down, hp never got close to anything scary, about a 2min fight. (my sam is rather well geared tho)
 Shiva.Lirmont
Server: Shiva
user: Lirmont
By Shiva.Lirmont 2018-08-24 23:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak to anything higher than Normal.

In normal, the main boss can spawn up to 3 Blazing Effigy enemies (seemingly indefinitely). In easy, that number is 2. When Turgmam is killed, they despawn. It may say 2 times the number of max spawns are said to be defeated when Turgman is killed (easy: 4 messages, normal: 6 messages, etc).

Of note, the Turgmam is healed by fire damage, Skillchain: Light, etc. Sometimes Arciella II's auto-attack heals it (Ascension?). Killing a Blazing Effigy in easy results in up to 99MP restored to players.

Turgmam starts with Protect and Shell, which are dispelable. Turgmam has permanent(?) Blaze Spikes, which is not dispelable. Paralyze works for me after several immunobreaks, but I'm not well-geared.

Turgmam is probably a RUN (re: Dimidiation) and seems relatively easily tanked with shadows. -ga spells (Firaga II/III) from the Turgmam will wipe shadows. Turgmam's Great Sword weaponskills only seem dangerous to me when it skillchains.

Turgmam also does Fire IV in easy. Blazing Effigy enemies do Fire II and Fire III in easy. Crowd controlling the spawns (re: sleeping in my case) seems beneficial.

Turgmam does Fire V and Firaga III in normal. Blazing Effigy enemies do Fire IV (and probably Fire III).

Trusts that don't close light skillchains and do close dark skillchains are probably good choices. I've been using: AAEV (will very occasionally AoE wake things and die), Zeid II, Tenzen II, Koru-Moru, and Apururu. Other tank options spam AoE moves, which makes them less than ideal for this purpose.