WTF Is Trust In The Sense Of FFXI Lore?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTF is Trust in the sense of FFXI lore?
WTF is Trust in the sense of FFXI lore?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2018-07-01 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What in ever loving heavens is "Trust" and how does it fit in FFXI lore?

• Who invented it?

• How long can our Trusts be around?

• Can they do anything besides fight?

• Can they hold true, intimate human conversation like their real counterparts?

• Can you walk around town gossiping about how Mumor is best girl and not Uka?

• What's stopping everyone in Jeuno summoning the same Trusts and having a Ru'Lude Party Block Bash with 1,069 Mumors?

• Can I party with Trust Mumor and the real Mumor when she comes for the summer festival?

• How can a passerby tell which one is Trust Mumor and who is the real Mumor just by looks alone?

• Can I use Mumor to run errands for me like some advanced human robot akin to Google's phone assistant complete with "Umms..."?

• Are trusts tangible? Can I bang a Mumor in the alley behind the Marble Bridge? Will Trust Mumor have the same reaction as the real Mumor?

So many questions.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-01 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »

• Who invented it?

• What's stopping everyone in Jeuno summoning the same Trusts and having a Ru'Lude Party Block Bash with 1,069 Mumors?

• Can I party with Trust Mumor and the real Mumor when she comes for the summer festival?

• How can a passerby tell which one is Trust Mumor and who is the real Mumor just by looks alone?

• Can I use Mumor to run errands for me like some advanced human robot akin to Google's phone assistant complete with "Umms..."?

• Are trusts tangible? Can I bang a Mumor in the alley behind the Marble Bridge? Will Trust Mumor have the same reaction as the real Mumor?

So many questions.

Only one question...why did you make this thread ?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-07-01 13:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know but I was under the assumption that trust "alter-egos" were doppelgangers more or less related to an odd modified form of summoning magic.
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-07-01 14:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad I'm not the only person who thinks about these things...
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-07-01 14:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-01 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They kinda answer all these questions if you pay attention to the text.

Who invented it?
Quote:
"Trust” is a new type of magic engineered by scholars at the Jeuno Institute of Magical Studies.
How long can our Trusts be around?
The same as a "normal inhabitant" of the game. They need to eat, can die etc.

Can they do anything besides fight?
Yup.

Can they hold true, intimate human conversation like their real counterparts?
They do in the scenes when you obtain them, so, obviously.

Can you walk around town gossiping about how Mumor is best girl and not Uka?

What's stopping everyone in Jeuno summoning the same Trusts and having a Ru'Lude Party Block Bash with 1,069 Mumors?
Same reason there is only "one" "Excalibur" . "you" are the only person that can do these things.

Can I party with Trust Mumor and the real Mumor when she comes for the summer festival?
You can't "party with" "real" mumor at all. (in the afterparty battle you can't call any trusts at all)

How can a passerby tell which one is Trust Mumor and who is the real Mumor just by looks alone?
It's a literal clone, so they wouldn't

Can I use Mumor to run errands for me like some advanced human robot akin to Google's phone assistant complete with "Umms..."?
Would suppose you could use them in theory for anything they would be willing to do, just like the "real" versions.

Are trusts tangible? Can I bang a Mumor in the alley behind the Marble Bridge? Will Trust Mumor have the same reaction as the real Mumor?
Yes
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-01 15:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Sidiov 2018-07-01 15:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
If you summon a tiger mount and darrcuiln trust and they make tiger babies, will the cubs be in the mountable menu or trust callable menu
Neither trust or mounts are a form of slavery, you dont get a natural right to own their progeny.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2018-07-01 16:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
Neither trust or mounts are a form of slavery, you dont get a natural right to own their progeny.

I disagree with that. If Trusts are a form of magic that summons a doppelganger that have no attachment to their original selves then they we have absolute ownership of them.
By jahn 2018-07-01 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When you form the trusts, each of the trusts display that they have the same personality as the originals and the only reason they don't run off on their own when you summon them is because they "trust" you to know what to do, but when you get... Cherukki? or whatever from CoP, you see the original and the trust team up to knock you out and run off and do ***on their own.
By Sidiov 2018-07-01 17:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »

I disagree with that. If Trusts are a form of magic that summons a doppelganger that have no attachment to their original selves then they we have absolute ownership of them.
Some of the actual trust quests say they can refuse you service if they aren't happy with you. Therefore they either have independent thought, or some sort of connection to the original being.
If they are Astral Projections like some summons, then I doubt they can reproduce in any case. But if we go into Marvel type rules here, an Astral Projection baby would also be an independent entity!

edit* Thanks jahn, I couldn't remember the specific ones that mentioned that, good example.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2018-07-01 17:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If trusts act and behave as if they were their real counterparts, are they self aware and know that they are duplicates, even if the real person is no where near them?

If I call ("summon") Shantotto and she goes, "brb taking over the world" can I simply recall her before she commits magical genocide?
 Odin.Kealoha
Server: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-07-01 18:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Sidiov 2018-07-01 19:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If trusts act and behave as if they were their real counterparts, are they self aware and know that they are duplicates, even if the real person is no where near them?

If I call ("summon") Shantotto and she goes, "brb taking over the world" can I simply recall her before she commits magical genocide?
The trust bond goes both ways, they can end the trust or ignore you if they dont like your behavior, but you can do the same.

Also the current trust magic as created by the Institute of Magical Studies is based on positive connection and feelings, I wonder if having such evil thoughts could cause the bond to sever and trust to be dismissed. There is a big difference between the trickster taru kids, and someone committing genocide.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-01 21:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this thread in existence? You just call upon characters that are in the game already and are in the lore already. Or do you not read any updates including the one introducing “trusts?” If that is the case then I’ll understand.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-01 21:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They kinda answer all these questions if you pay attention to the text.

Who invented it?
Quote:
"Trust” is a new type of magic engineered by scholars at the Jeuno Institute of Magical Studies.
How long can our Trusts be around?
The same as a "normal inhabitant" of the game. They need to eat, can die etc.

Can they do anything besides fight?
Yup.

Can they hold true, intimate human conversation like their real counterparts?
They do in the scenes when you obtain them, so, obviously.

Can you walk around town gossiping about how Mumor is best girl and not Uka?

What's stopping everyone in Jeuno summoning the same Trusts and having a Ru'Lude Party Block Bash with 1,069 Mumors?
Same reason there is only "one" "Excalibur" . "you" are the only person that can do these things.

Can I party with Trust Mumor and the real Mumor when she comes for the summer festival?
You can't "party with" "real" mumor at all. (in the afterparty battle you can't call any trusts at all)

How can a passerby tell which one is Trust Mumor and who is the real Mumor just by looks alone?
It's a literal clone, so they wouldn't

Can I use Mumor to run errands for me like some advanced human robot akin to Google's phone assistant complete with "Umms..."?
Would suppose you could use them in theory for anything they would be willing to do, just like the "real" versions.

Are trusts tangible? Can I bang a Mumor in the alley behind the Marble Bridge? Will Trust Mumor have the same reaction as the real Mumor?
Yes
Lol :dead:
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-01 21:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

• Who invented it?

So many questions.

No one will ever know...

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-01 21:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I don't know but I was under the assumption that trust "alter-egos" were doppelgangers more or less related to an odd modified form of summoning magic.
No no no that’s too smart and obvious for some people sadly!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-01 21:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 people don't realize this thread is a joke

oh, wait...
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-01 21:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

oh, wait...

Duh :0!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-01 22:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

oh, wait...

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2018-07-02 00:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this thread in existence? You just call upon characters that are in the game already and are in the lore already. Or do you not read any updates including the one introducing “trusts?” If that is the case then I’ll understand.

Hey, how's FFXIV these days?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 00:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, how's FFXIV these days?
Hi, never played it?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 00:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, wait...

Always slamming down knowledge. My hero :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2018-07-02 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I call Trust Zeid, tell him to stay put, go and kill real Zeid, would Trust Zeid still be there?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 13:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I call Trust Zeid, tell him to stay put, go and kill real Zeid, would Trust Zeid still be there?
That would a race on race hate crime.
By zaxtiss 2018-07-02 14:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i've seen some pointless threads... but this is pretty even for what i've seen! lol see how far it goes!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-02 14:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

• Who invented it?

So many questions.

No one will ever know...

I made a chart to explain the thread:

[+]
First Page 2