Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Solo CP with trusts
Solo CP with trusts
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-06-01 22:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks, wondering what trusts you prefer when soloing CP on Apex mobs. Mainly curious about DRG atm but general combinations for DD solo are welcome.

I appreciate any advice!
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-01 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

when i did it on sam i used whm(unity)/rdm(koru cuz he's better than arc!)/brd/brd/cor (sometimes i dropped cor for the big blm dude forgot name cuz cor screwed up my SC's as did shant)

Once i hit 1000ish cp i dropped the unity whm for unity geo as that was plenty to keep me alive

I guess it kinda depends on drgs ability to self SC (i dont have drg leveled) sam was easy due to the ability to 6 step sc which was enough to kill any mob. if drg can't easly 3 step or better sc's i would focus on whm/rdm/cor/shant/brd so that cor and shant help w/ SC's instead of hurt and shant does decent MBs
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-01 22:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

O and be warned, qult and both bards will switch to mp at some point becuase koru sucks at mp control, kinda the price we pay for using trusts i guess
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-06-01 22:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never use qultada solo on drg, he will nearly ALWAYS screw your SC, apu koru joachim kupo then can either a brd or a tank depending on what you want.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-06-01 22:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I did Koru, Apu, Qtalda, Shantotto II and ulmia (when I didn't have my GEO alt handy). I experimented with doing 4 step umbra or radiance, but trusts always ruin the chain, so just spamming stardiver for dark with Trishula seemed fastest.

I'd trade my soul for a toggle that turns off weaponskills on trusts....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 22:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was DRG, I specifically swapped to Sylvie to maximize my attack bonus. I rarely had to worry about dying since mobs died so fast.

1 Sulvie (UC) - Wil use frailty+ entrust fury, which is helpful. She's also a remarkable curer, and, if it weren't for the fact that she only has cure4, she'd be my #1 trust of choice. Will erase/-na as soon as it pops, so she's definitely a keeper.
2 Cherukiki (will run out of MP after about 5-8 fights)
3 KoH
4 [Use Qultada for first pull, get Chaos/Corsairs (or fighters), then dismiss. He'll interrupt your SCs too often.]
4/5 Varies: Joachim/Ulmia, Shantotto II or August (or AAEV)

The last slot kind of is up to you. Do you want additional haste? If so, Joachim/Ulmia will be cap you out, but not 100% of the time. This is a pro/con you should consider. Are you multi-stepping (like you should on DRG)? Then use Shantotto II and Go for your Trishula 4step or non aeonic SC. She'll return the most addition to your DPS. If you're not concerned about her dealing damage, you can drop her for a tank trust, which will help out Cherukiki a little bit with not having to re-summon her so often.

DRG is pretty flexible when soloing Apex, so you can take your pick from above. Between jump timers, spirit link, and MA from qultada's resummoning, you may be able to handle the loss of the crappy songs Joachim/Ulmia puts out. I hate relying on both of them for marches, since they almost always will never keep them on fulltime. Personally, I chose to do Bats in Dho + Raptors in Moh, specifically the latter does not have attack down and has pretty low def/hp.

DRG typically needs less healing, so I opted to not use Yoran/Apururu for DRG. Sylvie's buffs are job-specific, though, so I can't recommend her for every job (like NIN). But she's good in my book.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aydogan
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-06-02 09:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone!
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-06-02 09:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you know you are doing solo CP on a mele job, you should definitely use Sylvie. While the other healers are inferior to the unity options, that is more important for NM soloing. Plus, Sylvie does status removals and heals some too. Additionally, King of Hearts should also be used. He has a very high priority Dia3 and erase. This is massive. Koru won't Dia3 a mob til it's half dead, and KoH does it immediately. His erase on you is also immediate, making him money for Apex Bats and their attack down.

You, Sylvie, KoH, Cherukki, Joachim, Kupofried. No sense using a tank, they will keep you alive easily and even DRG can't keep the hate on trust tanks full time.
[+]