Ambuscade V2 - April 2018

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V2 - April 2018
Ambuscade V2 - April 2018
By Nyarlko 2018-04-04 18:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I know that V2 is less efficient than V1 for point farming. I also know that V2 tends to lean more towards "fun", so let's not forget about it for those of us who aren't up to snuff for V1VD. :P

Here's some of my notes from a few crash test dummy runs.
Me, said:
Since V1 is a repeat of Orcs and people are already doing it, I'll leave that alone for now and focus on V2.

V2N stuff so far:
* Starts vs 1x boss mob, treant, Splendid Sakura
** Has 20' plague aura
*** Has dropped a couple times off the boss, but no idea what the trigger is. Did not appear to be directly connected to any JA/WS/Spell in the log.
** TP Moves:
*** Pollenstorm: AoE damage + paralyze, centered on mob, wipes shadows
*** Pinecone Bomb: AoE damage + sleep, centered on target, wipes shadows
*** Drill Branch: Conal AOE damage, possible dispel, wipes shadows
*** Chelate: Single target, no clue what it does since it has always "has no effect" so far regardless of the target. >_>? Anyone got a legit idea what a chem term might indicate for move function? lol

** At certain HP levels, it will spawn an add. Adds are treants, have significantly less HP than boss, have not seen any TP moves, but have different auras.
*** @66% - Languishing Larch, 20' Amnesia aura
*** @~50% - Hibernating Hickory, 20' Silence aura
*** @~20% - Hibernating Hickory, 20' Silence aura
(2nd/3rd adds are approximate since I knocked off too much HP w/ MBs to be exact. Auto-attacked my way down to 66%, so should be correct for 1st add.)
All adds can all be up at the same time. This will reduce your party to nothing but occasionally auto-attacking when not paralyzed and/or slept. ._.;; (Hint: Don't ignore adds.)

All mobs were highly resistant to Sleep and immune to Break family spells. Had no problems landing all other debuffs a BLM/RDM can crank out.

Seems like it will be darn near impossible to solo except for specific jobs. I'm assuming there is some sort of gimmick involved, like elemental weaknesses, but adds died too fast on N to poke around properly. Single Blizz6 one-shotted them. lol The official theme this month is seasons/allergies btw... <,<;; Keep in mind that trusts will no longer attempt to -na aura effects away as of this update.

V2VD: Adds were being crapped out like crazy. Roughly every 10%-15% of the bosses HP it seemed. Adds can in fact use TP moves, same moves as the boss. SCH > WHM for healing this, Silence auras neutered WHM trusts, but Regens would help hold out til adds get downed. Even on VD, adds have very low HP.. seemed to be ~30k.

Fight actually is kinda fun, can be used as a teaching tool (offtanking, positioning, preparing for known incoming cues, add control, etc.) Still haven't figure out what the actual gimmicks are for it yet tho.. Something knocks off the aura from the boss, just no clue what. ><;;

Hope it helps someone. Feel free to contribute more info discovered. :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Bairdos
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bairdos
By Bismarck.Bairdos 2018-04-04 19:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this!
Looking to give the Orcs a try, but will probably end up doing this with one of my buddies and an alt that isn't as well geared as my main - so great info!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 19:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

To be completely honest, it's not even worth the effort to get the KI to do V2... at all... no matter how undergeared you are.

People still do it... but its better to even just do VE 1

I say this every month, but you can -seriously- do this one in straight sparks gear up to normal. It's incredibly easy.
By clearlyamule 2018-04-04 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There are times when VE 1 is about as hard as VD 2 and I mean anyone in sparks gear can clear N 1 is definitely an exaggeration some months lol

So checked it out some. something weird was going on because even without the amnesia aura up my autos would refuse to ws for minutes at a time even when they were awake and at full tp. Hate seemed a bit more wonky then usual. Adds seem to spawn on whoever has hate instead of random person so yay
By Nyarlko 2018-04-04 23:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
To be completely honest, it's not even worth the effort to get the KI to do V2... at all... no matter how undergeared you are.

People still do it... but its better to even just do VE 1

I say this every month, but you can -seriously- do this one in straight sparks gear up to normal. It's incredibly easy.

It actually is not better to do V1VE than V2VD, unless kill times are significantly shorter in V1. With a full party, V2VD = 300/150, while V1VE = 200/100. You'd have to be able to squeeze in more than 3x V1VE runs in the time to do 2x V2VD to not be losing out. Please don't spread bad math. Bad math is a Bad Thing.

Now, V1E should win hands down in comparison, unless 1x run takes longer than 2x full kill cycles of V2VD (including the KI farming time and time spent in queue.)

None of this is strictly relevant to the mechanics of this fight. Regardless of how "worthwhile" it is to run V2, it's still valid content that can be done, and may be more fun to do than Orcs for some, so please shush unless you have genuine information about the fight to contribute. -_-;;

Perhaps as a side-bonus, sharing actual information about V2 might encourage those soloing V1VE to group up instead. The V2 fight seems like it should be an incredibly easy 3min or less fight w/ a full party from what I've seen so far tbh. It even encourages mixed damage groups w/ the Silence/Amnesia auras.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-04-05 00:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki says chelate removes your food (guessing it's a reference to chelation treatment for heavy metals, etc...) and increases the chance of "Hanami" time which removes the plague aura and increases dmg the tree receives. Explains why they were chomping on dango like it was going out of style in the live stream.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-05 01:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
JP wiki says chelate removes your food (guessing it's a reference to chelation treatment for heavy metals, etc...) and increases the chance of "Hanami" time which removes the plague aura and increases dmg the tree receives. Explains why they were chomping on dango like it was going out of style in the live stream.

"Dango".. As in mochi food items? lol Wonder if it's actually only those specific foods? I passed out and missed the livestream, so didn't catch the hanami reference being included as a mechanic. This is actually interesting, since it means that crappy stewpots have a use now. lol I'll have to test this later to see how it works out.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-04-05 01:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They were moon balls but I think he was just doing them for fun, pretty sure any food works.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-04-05 18:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

does this mean we need to use food when it use chelate action ?
By clearlyamule 2018-04-05 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
They were moon balls but I think he was just doing them for fun, pretty sure any food works.
Probably because they taste better
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-04-05 23:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i tested with ginger cookie, boss remove the food but plague is never removed
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have food up, the boss will use "Chelate" and it lowers his defense or DT.

Maybe each food does something different, sandy carrots i don't think did anything. Could've been just lucky smites, just eyaballin'