Forum » Windower » General » RandomMount: A random mount selector for Windower
RandomMount: A random mount selector for Windower
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-08-11 15:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this update. I appreciate the thought that went into my suggestion about mount music. I hate to ask, does this new addon support changing mount music ? ;P
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-08-12 05:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh I stripped out the music thing in favour of using MountMuzzle.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-03 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If only we could get Setbgm to call a random track and use it to interact with a random mount. At least it would beat what we currently have. Stupid mount music, no music at all, or mountmuzzle.

Kind of a double-post since I bumped another topic with a similar comment, but if anyone knew how to randomize setbgm, that would just be lovely.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-09-03 16:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be pretty easy to make an addon to shuffle a random track. In fact... https://pastebin.com/rqkk3qmS

It's probably better to just add a random or shuffle command to setbgm, considering the track IDs and packet injected (to play the music) is just ripped from there.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-04 00:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I'm a knucklehead, but I only feel about 2.5/10 in my ability to use any lua. I click support on the MountRoulette addon in the windower loading shell and it opens this page in my browser so I guess I'll just start a dialogue here.

So... I enabled MountRoulette. So far so good. I launch the game fresh. The MountRoulette says it's loaded in Windower Console in that list of windower addons that pop up when you start the game. Again, so far so good. Once in game and outdoors, I type //mr and I get on a random mount. Again. Working as intended.

However, now I'm interested in this shuffle.lua you have made. I go to the pastebin listed. I click Download. It gives me a file named rqkk3qmS.lua so I save it to my computer. I open my Windower folder and go into addons folder. I make a folder called "shuffle". I paste the rqkk3qmS.lua file in there and rename it shuffle.lua so we're set. I freshly launch Windower again and when in game, I type //lua load shuffle and it pops up in the console area saying that it loaded fine.

Now... I'm curious what to do next. When I get on my mount, it gives me the dopey classic mount song. I was curious what I'm missing.

Also, thank you for being a saint and helping me with this support.

Edit: At the top of this, it says it requires "packets", but I don't know what that is or where I would get it. It doesn't seem to be an addon or plugin that is readily accessible in the windower shell.

Edit#2: I've used my google-fu and made it as far as https://github.com/Windower/Lua/wiki/Packets-Library, but I'm unsure what to do here. (...and yes I see the humor in the fact that I made a two day meme bender on this site out of making fun of packets, so I see the irony). Thanks in advance.
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2020-09-04 08:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
MountRoulette
They explain it on the github page:

https://github.com/xurion/ffxi-mount-roulette

"In an earlier version, this addon disabled mount music. This is now removed in favour of the MountMuzzle addon."
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-09-04 11:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Now... I'm curious what to do next. When I get on my mount, it gives me the dopey classic mount song. I was curious what I'm missing.

You'd have to run //shuffle for it to kick in - sorry I wasn't very clear in how it was used!

Edit: At the top of this, it says it requires "packets", but I don't know what that is or where I would get it. It doesn't seem to be an addon or plugin that is readily accessible in the windower shell.

Packets is basically a set of helper functions that make it easier to inject fake incoming packets which instructs the game client to do something, in this case, play a piece of music.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-04 13:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I was hoping for. You're the friggin' man (or woman; I don't assume gender).

So I can get all of these, at least, up and running, but I feel like I'm jumping through too many hoops and that I can smooth this out a bit more and end up with a perfect mount macro that both summons a random mount /and/ plays a random track from the FFXI music directory.

I'll toss out what things I'm running into now and see if anyone sees where I'm going wrong.

Up until this point, I had several macros that would summon different mounts and force specific songs.

The macro looked like this:

and that would run the following .txt file from my scripts folder:

That all worked perfectly, except it called a specific mount and played a specific track via setbgm.

What I would like to do is kind of get something similar going utilizing these tools you have so graciously provided us with and get a single macro set that would both summon a random mount /and/ play a random track.

From what I gather, typing:
//mr
will mount and dismount a random mount. I can get that to work by manually typing it into where I would enter text in game.

Also, as you answered, I type:
//shuffle
and it starts a random track from the sound directory of FFXI. I've heard a variety of cool random tracks I don't hear often so it is over 9,000% better than the classic mount track.

A few issues. A few times when I type //shuffle, it doesn't play anything. I'm not sure if it's trying to draw from a file number that doesn't exist. If I can how I could figure out what is wrong in a controlled way to help you, but maybe you can do a once over and try to see what it is trying to draw that is making it silent. There is no rhyme or reason on my end as I can't replicate it. Just sometimes it will load silence. *shrugs*

Another issue is the macro I want to build. Does anyone have any idea what I'd need to type in a .txt file to get both //mr and //shuffle to execute upon a single macro press? What would that look like?

Any help from anyone is appreciated.

Honestly, Shuffle could/should be a stand-alone plugin that makes it to the Windower launch shell as it holds its own and could easily be on par with setbgm. The only thing I'd ask for is that it listed the track like setbgm does, but so far... it's so good. Thank you so much!!!
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-09-04 14:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What I would like to do is kind of get something similar going utilizing these tools you have so graciously provided us with and get a single macro set that would both summon a random mount /and/ play a random track.

All you need in that file is:
Code
mr
wait 2
shuffle

Assuming the wait 2 is still what you want/is needed.

Just sometimes it will load silence. *shrugs*

I'll take a look - I shuffled a number of times and didn't hear silence, but given it's random, maybe one of the tracks is silence. I know some areas play a track that is faint wind sounds, like Dho Gates. I'm not sure, but I do know it picks from a determined list, so choosing an ID that doesn't exist is unlikely.

I'm just not sure where to stick a line of text in my .init file (I think that's where it's supposed to go) to have either Stars or Shuffle auto-load.

Just add lua before your "load shuffle" part and it'll work. The load command tried to load a plugin (one of the .dll files) whereas "lua load" loads an addon (.lua files).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-04 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Just sometimes it will load silence. *shrugs*

I'll take a look - I shuffled a number of times and didn't hear silence, but given it's random, maybe one of the tracks is silence. I know some areas play a track that is faint wind sounds, like Dho Gates. I'm not sure, but I do know it picks from a determined list, so choosing an ID that doesn't exist is unlikely.

I thought about that wind sound too. I'm actually pretty hip on music files on this game. This thing you've done for me is taking it to the next level actually. It's making me want to get off of my *** and work on my magnum opus contribution to this game. Eventually I intend to convert all the music files that have changed their encoding method since after CoP and make it so they can be played with Altana Viewer; also edit the Altana viewer so it plays the POL tracks. It would be a lot of encoding manually so I've been putting it off. Most of the time I'd rather play the game for fun rather than make a job out of it, but I still eventually want to try.

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I'm just not sure where to stick a line of text in my .init file (I think that's where it's supposed to go) to have either Stars or Shuffle auto-load.

Just add lua before your "load shuffle" part and it'll work. The load command tried to load a plugin (one of the .dll files) whereas "lua load" loads an addon (.lua files).

Yeah, I got to looking at things more carefully and figured that out on my own and edited the post accordingly. Thank you though.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-01 05:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because someone asked about the mount music randomize thing and mount music is horrible.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-16 10:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because someone asked about the mount music randomize thing and mount music is horrible.

Same thing as before. Free bump! Random mounts! Random music! Blackjack and hookers. Wait. No blackjack or hookers. Sorry.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-03-16 12:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-05 17:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit with a tactical nostalgia bomb when I just hit my macro and randomly pulled the Goobbue mount and the Rolanberry Fields track played.

Right. In. The. Feels.

Also, another free bump because what you helped me get my game to do here with the random mount and random track playing is amazing. (I know the OP is random mount selector, but through this thread, I worked out how to get a random track to play at the same time if you read through). Enjoy if this is new to you and something you were looking for all of your life.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 10:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has this become broken for anyone else as of last night?
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-06-11 11:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for me - you getting an error or is it just not letting you get your mount on?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

MountRoulette: Lua runtime error: MountRoulette/MountRoulette.lua:52: attempt to index local 'ki' (a nil value)

That's what error comes up in console. Last night, SquareEnix had to hotfix patch a new Key Item from The Voracious Resurgence that was broken in the English client. They added "Mnejing's receiver" perma Key Item. Before the patch, since the update a few days ago, it was not applying that KI to people that completed the current TVR mission they added. Very likely this has something to do with that.

I'm guessing you are not current on your TVR missions w/ that key item if you're not getting the error, maybe?

When I went was last logged in last night, it was working. Since the overnight update, it's not. I can deal with it for now, but I keep finding myself hitting my mount roulette + music shuffle macro a lot. Thank you for the quick reply, by the way. I thought this would go unnoticed for days (if ever resolved).
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-06-12 09:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

MountRoulette: Lua runtime error: MountRoulette/MountRoulette.lua:52: attempt to index local 'ki' (a nil value)

That's what error comes up in console. Last night, SquareEnix had to hotfix patch a new Key Item from The Voracious Resurgence that was broken in the English client. They added "Mnejing's receiver" perma Key Item. Before the patch, since the update a few days ago, it was not applying that KI to people that completed the current TVR mission they added. Very likely this has something to do with that.

I'm guessing you are not current on your TVR missions w/ that key item if you're not getting the error, maybe?

When I went was last logged in last night, it was working. Since the overnight update, it's not. I can deal with it for now, but I keep finding myself hitting my mount roulette + music shuffle macro a lot. Thank you for the quick reply, by the way. I thought this would go unnoticed for days (if ever resolved).
Ok yeah that error is because there's a KI that the Windower resources doesn't contain. I'll PM you with a couple of instructions if you'd be ok to be my debug guinea pig?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [135 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Malikesh
Server: Odin
user: malikesh
By Odin.Malikesh 2021-10-25 18:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started getting the lua:52 error today as well, even though I've been using mr for the last week...

Did the testing of those instructions end up working out? Any news on this?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-25 19:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

99.9% likely the same thing as before. SE botched up a new key item in EN client. The update was a bit ago, but the Halloween/Harvest Festival event went live yesterday so people are now obtaining the new KI.

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
a new key item for the orchestrion. they failed to add it to the .dats again, so its showing up as "."

The instructions did work. I think he sent me an updated build or something and I forgot all about it. My internet is being wonky (online, but random connection drops so I have to go through the POL login again) tonight so I can't check, but I'll see if I'm getting the problem tomorrow when I hunt all the pumpkins and get the KI.

I think SE pushed a patch within a few days after they noticed the EN client's last KI was borked. It was the Voracious Resurgence KI that let you see Besieged messages outside of Aht Urghan areas. This one looks to be an orchestration sheet music KI.

Edit: Looks like a couple images I placed in posts above this one became broken links. I'll see about getting those working again too tomorrow because everyone needs to feel the joy of having a randomly selected mount (randommount plugin) combined with a randomly selected music track (shuffle or setbgm or both if they are same thing; I forget) at the touch of a single macro. It really is the best because mount music is bunk after the twentieth time of the day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-10-26 03:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the KI called?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-26 10:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Two sources I see say it's blank in EN client so there is no name. I'm not getting all 9 pumpkins until a hotfix from SE gets released. I checked the usual suspects for "known issues", but this kind of only is an issue since the event began as nobody had the KI right after the version update. We'll see how it plays out, I guess.
By Seraphpdh 2021-10-26 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Two sources I see say it's blank in EN client so there is no name. I'm not getting all 9 pumpkins until a hotfix from SE gets released. I checked the usual suspects for "known issues", but this kind of only is an issue since the event began as nobody had the KI right after the version update. We'll see how it plays out, I guess.

LS member confirmed you get the KI after getting all 9 new pumpkins, its just blank. Also, new songs unlock in your Mog House.

By Draylo 2021-10-26 18:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

past nation orchestrion sheets? which ones
By Seraphpdh 2021-10-26 21:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
past nation orchestrion sheets? which ones
I believe its the songs from the [S] three nations, but I have not done it myself, so I am not completely sure.
By Draylo 2021-10-26 23:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that is new this year then.. neat.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-27 00:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When randommount chooses raptor and shuffle plays default mount theme at the same time:

[+]
 Odin.Malikesh
Server: Odin
user: malikesh
By Odin.Malikesh 2021-10-27 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to unload mountroulette until the KI issue gets sorted.
By Draylo 2021-10-27 05:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the three new tracks and it works fine with randomMount :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-11-16 11:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you by any chance let me personalize a mount list by zone/job?
Eg I might want to not be on a Tuftlaire in Xarcabard because it looks silly and/or cold there.
Or I might want a higher rate of Fenrir mounts on my smn?