Max Theoretical DPS?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Max theoretical DPS?
Max theoretical DPS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 07:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
In such a situation if WAR were to consistently pull hate like that for retaliation, it would most likely win, as long as they didn't die but the longer they keep hate, the greater chance that will eventually happen.

This is why it's very important to have a hybrid -DT set so when (not if) you pull hate, your can still continue pouring out DPS while staying within your WHM's safety net. I've faced tanked WoC, Kouryou and several T4's this way. What ends up happening is you get hit a few times, all within the safety net of your WHM cause Hybrid, then it turns back to the main tank and you open up the throttle. Retaliation ends up augmenting your damage during Hybrid time so your not penalized.

It's also worth mentioning that in real world scenarios RUN's main advantage over not just WAR, but all other jobs, is just how resistant it is to debuffs with the right runs, barspells and Pflug,

This is super important, especially if a group isn't able to stack barspells with carols during a BRD swap. TC's final phase is a prime example of this, on WAR I get my *** handed to me by all his AoE damage and status ailments, on DD RUN I can put the beatdown with impunity. If I'm expected to be slaped around by a lot of unmitigated status ailments then I'd prefer to come on RUN. Valiance, OFA, Pluf, Runes, and Inquarta are all life savers.
By fonewear 2018-02-22 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
And yet, there were people who knew exactly what was asked. Learn to read, thanks.

Since I can't read I don't know how to respond to this.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 10:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Sockfoot said: »
And yet, there were people who knew exactly what was asked. Learn to read, thanks.

Since I can't read I don't know how to respond to this.
He might be a troll. I mean ***his name is sockfoot.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-22 10:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It checks out sockfoot low post count esoteric topic that in theory could be considered legitimate...seems like a troll.

Now I'm not an expert in trolling but I've spent enough time on the internet to know. If it looks like a troll if it acts like a troll it's a duck.
[+]
By Quizzy 2018-02-22 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm not an expert in trolling

Are you sure?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-22 10:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Now I'm not an expert in trolling

Are you sure?

Trolling if down properly is an art form. And must only be used to your own amusement. If done properly you can become more powerful than you can even imagine...or so the legend says....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-02-22 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does any of this even matter? Who really cares what job can do the most damage to a campaign fortification in those awful campaign battles where the beastmen never show up (even if those towers could take the same damage as WoC)?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-22 10:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Does any of this even matter? Who really cares what job can do the most damage to a campaign fortification in those awful campaign battles where the beastmen never show up (even if those towers could take the same damage as WoC)?

We must find the one true job to rule them all ! And thereby make all other jobs obsolete !
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-22 11:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point of this thread proves that, whether troll or not, there is no "BEST DPS", in theory, or in actual live game. There are too many abilities, spells, traits, and circumstances (pulling hate, dying) that would factor into who can and cannot deal the most damage. The best we can do is narrow down a few top end DDs and state which specific scenarios they would be the best in and where they would rank. But all of that goes out the window if you totally ignore obvious mechanics, like pulling hate, having to swap to DT set to stay alive, status ailments, timers, defensive JAs that are actually offense-based, etc. You cannot separate the two from each other. They matter.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-02-22 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the best DPS is knowing how to play FFXI.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think the point of this thread proves that, whether troll or not, there is no "BEST DPS", in theory, or in actual live game. There are too many abilities, spells, traits, and circumstances (pulling hate, dying) that would factor into who can and cannot deal the most damage. The best we can do is narrow down a few top end DDs and state which specific scenarios they would be the best in and where they would rank. But all of that goes out the window if you totally ignore obvious mechanics, like pulling hate, having to swap to DT set to stay alive, status ailments, timers, defensive JAs that are actually offense-based, etc. You cannot separate the two from each other. They matter.
Fact
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 11:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-22 11:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Trolling if down properly is an art form. And must only be used to your own amusement.
I must be doing it right, since while i think im being hilarious, people are often annoyed at me.
Also the max DPS is 1 war and 17 cor/whm resetting his 1 hour.
The weaker the mob the more dmg he will do.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-02-22 11:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The Max Theoretical DPS is knowing how to play FFXI. But since all the people who know how to play end up playing support jobs, the Max DPS will always remain theoretical. XD

How's that for some sweet trollin'?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-22 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If done properly you can become more powerful than you can even imagine...or so the legend says...

Boosted Perfect Counter!

Speaking of which, it works great for this month's Vol. 1 Ambuscade. Only use it on one target, though, and every party member needs to successfully do it (on the same target, but in separate runs), so it can take up to six battles to get the trick rolling.

Major downsides are that it won't help with mercing runs (the buyer would still have both targets up, one of which the kill team could no longer see, target or damage).
Also, since every Ambuscade's gimmicks are unique, messing around with this technique could completely lock a player from a month's Ambuscade. I should have tried it on the Mijin boss. Oh well. That could have been awesome.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-22 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Best dps is always the west

Rudra storm every thing till nothing left

Parser always on

Let the bard sing the songs

Resolution for 60 seconds

always disrespecting
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think the point of this thread proves that, whether troll or not, there is no "BEST DPS", in theory, or in actual live game.

Bingo, it's too damn situational and people should have multiple jobs geared for this reason.

Most truthful thing said of this game ever.
By afheal 2018-02-22 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How about you have to play with one hand, in a cast, on 56k dialup, during a snow storm, no monitor and an IBM mouse and keyboard?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-22 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

afheal said: »
How about you have to play with one hand, in a cast, on 56k dialup, during a snow storm, no monitor and an IBM mouse and keyboard?

Thats called monk
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-22 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How I play FFXI

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 15:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How I play FFXI

Genius
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-22 16:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Snore said: »
I understand how the MA rolls on weaponskills,

Do you don't, you kinda proved this when you said

If TA is applied first in a WS you only need 20% TA and 25% DA to hit reliable hit caps for RESO.

You would only think that if you believed MA is being checked every hit, otherwise the absurdly of that becomes very obvious.
Yes you're right TA is undervalued but you NEED a TA to reach the 8 hit cap is my point. Something Warrior will get a lot less than RUN while RUN will still have enough DA with temper + gear to land more 7 hits than not. My point is RUN will hit the 8 hit cap more than warrior and will hit 6 hit's slightly more than warrior. Maybe my wording wasn't the best as i've been in a rush but the point being made is you can hit the cap hits at a higher % than war can while barely hitting the lower % due to temper and gear. If you don't hit the 8 cap you'll most likely land a 7 hit. TA is devalued but it's still more valued than DA because it allows you to reach the 8 hit cap(Something DA doesn't allow). now overall in terms of per hits on weaponskills is around even in terms of %. All in all, I agree it's all subjective and in reality unless we could actually see the outcome it's just he said she said. The thing is, what buffs are we allowed to have? If a RUN can have Warcry up the entire fight and so can WAR maybe it's a lot closer? Can you have every buff in the game up? If you can I'll concede to RUN being weaker because all WAR needs is perma refresh/bonus tp on top of all the other buffs in the game and it'll be stronger(something i didn't take into account) If we are only allowed capped attack, haste, and 2 cor rolls then I'd pick RUN easily because you can get SAM's and Fighter's and get insane value for SAM's roll and fighter's.

The rest is just word salad.

If rolls change then gear changes too and fighters roll just means we go with a 4-hit base set instead of a 5-hit which sacrifices 20~28 DA but that's how much Fighters gives anyway.

WAR gets nice solid gear for Reso, but I don't think he'd argue that a RUN with absolutely perfect herc augments wouldn't be rather stiff competition to say the least, especially if the hypothetical situation puts them as always having emboldened temper.

Embolden is a 10min JA that results in a buff that lasts less then 2 minutes and has a rough penalty for activation. It's ~1s for cast and 3s of post-cast global lockout, if using Embolden then add 1~2s for JA lockout. That's like saying Warcry is up 100% of the time. And yes RUN is pretty solid, I mentioned that earlier but it's not going to beat a WAR. SAM are WAR are the two jobs with the highest damage ceilings for much the same reason, both innately have JA/JT that compress their WS cycle time enabling a higher volume of WS's to be used. High end DPS is about compressing that time to the smallest possible, it's why jobs like THF don't come close, their damage is tied to JA's with static timers. I've been in longer DPS races with tricked out DD RUN's before, they like to brag about WS numbers then I do a data dump and show them WS frequency and how they lost by a good 20% in total damage. I also show how they had multiple low number WS's that their eyeballs forgot to remember.

Having 50% TA (which they don't have remotely close to) would result in 25% of WS's being 5 hits, 25% of WS's having 9 hits (therefor 8) and 50% of WS's having 7 hits. Having 100% DA (1 TA = 2 DA) would result in 100% of WS's having 7 hits. These numbers would average out, except the second TA's damage is nerfed by half due to the 8 hit limit. Now in practice we tend to carry mixes of QA, TA and DA resulting in an annoying distribution of results, but the overriding theme is massive amounts of DA result in predictably consist numbers and anything that puts you over 8 hits is wasted.

Plus the guy is just trolling everyone, he's a DD RDM and figures he could stew stuff up. I actually have all these jobs tricked out and used them on various high end targets.

Yeah I have to admit, you know far more about this than I do. I feel like WAR is an esoteric art form though, You have to admit there are a large percentage of WAR that are using Ragnarok for Reso spam, and don't even have optimal sets etc...

Out of curiosity though, IF you were to compare RUN with 2 Sets of cor rolls, lets say you had an outside prefight buff, and you compared RUN with Chaos/Sam/Fighter/Miser to WAR with Chaos/Sam/Miser/??? do you think that would lower the gap in DPS by any significant margin?

Also, unrelated, but something that has always intrugued me...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 16:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

STR has a diminish return, but at this point practically everything else does too. With Reso it's largely about volume and not single high WS's, seriously stop looking at big numbers and thinking that's reflective of anything. Attack is another very important facet of Resolution, it comes with a -15% penalty which can hurt if people aren't paying attention. High level NM's have beyond ridiculous defense, Idris Frailty isn't enough to reach over 4.0 the value of their defense, which is why we stack it with Dia and bolster / BoG. People like to hand waive it because of how hard it is to account for but it's still something that needs to understood. 60K is an 8 hit resolution with really high TP and good rolls at pDiff cap, or vs a monster with low VIT / vulnerability to slashing / physical damage.

Gavialis Heml is another item often overlooked. Extremely powerful for 3/8 of the days.

Fighters is still useful for a WAR, mostly for hitting near 100% DA on Resolution to guarantee 7 hits as the floor.
By fonewear 2018-02-22 16:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit due to public education I can't understand basic math...so if you could dumb down this discussion. I could figure out which job to play.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-22 16:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit due to public education I can't understand basic math...so if you could dumb down this discussion. I could figure out which job to play.
no math has been done, don't worry
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-22 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
no math has been done, don't worry

Thank God I was worried that I would have to add and subtract...possibly divide !
By fonewear 2018-02-22 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the great thing about theories are you don't have to prove them.

My theory is that monk is the greatest job of all time. Because I said so.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-22 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
High level NM's have beyond ridiculous defense, Idris Frailty isn't enough to reach over 4.0 value.

I think it's worth pointing out that while Idris frailty alone is not enough to cap PDIF, during bolster it is a ludicrously huge nerf. It lowers the monsters defense by over eighty percent just by itself. That with 3 minuets HM and 11 Chaos? I'm not claiming to know what all NM's defense values are, but when you've got Chaos and x3 SV minuets and SV honor march you'd have like 4.5k attack (and that's a slightly conservative estimate). In order to not have you at PDIF cap with Bolster Frailty and Dia II, wouldn't the monster have to have above capped defense anyway? Maybe it's more complicated than that during Mighty Strikes? idk

And while STR gives diminishing returns, it does buff all of reso regardless of whether you hit 5 times or 8.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-22 17:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have like 6-7k attack when fully buffed doing melee helms. If we aren't hitting pdif cap after frailty and stuff then wtf?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-22 17:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect max DPS.
a summoner infinitely astral conduiting due to an inexhaustible army of corsairs to wildcard his and his geo's 1hrs back.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9