Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Looking for help unlocking Oboro
Looking for help unlocking Oboro
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As the title states, I'm looking for some quick help in unlocking Oboro so I can get myself some JSE weapons. I'm not quite sure what's easiest as I haven't seriously played in about 6 years. If anyone is willing to help, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to pay for it as well, I'm not looking for a handout.

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Vadian
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2018-01-03 09:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Players must have fulfilled at least one of the following prerequisites in order to create any iLv 119 job specific gear:
Have obtained the title for any one of the Delve Megaboss NMs: Muyingwa Wingcrusher, Dakuwaqa Trawler, Tojil Douser, Cailimh Plumageplucker, Wopket Trunksplitter, or Utkux Peltburner
Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.
Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty.
Clear any Intense Ambuscade.
Clear a normal Ambuscade on Normal difficulty or higher.
Pluton, Riftborn Boulder, or Beitetsu x150 are required for the creation process, in addition to a crafting material from the Delve Zone Boss Utkux and two level 50~75 craftable items; as denoted below.
All 150 must be of a single type.
After one game day, he will give you the completed iLevel 119 weapon.
 Lakshmi.Vadian
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2018-01-03 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

JSE iLevel 119 Weapons...
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-01-03 10:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it is correct, just do 1 VE vol. 1 ambuscade.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-01-03 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And you are on my server... hit me up and I will clear it for you
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
And you are on my server... hit me up and I will clear it for you

Thank you! I will look for you when I get home from work.
By Boshi 2018-01-03 10:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of ppl doing the SKCNM20's atm farming them for event also.
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 10:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Assuming it is correct, just do 1 VE vol. 1 ambuscade.

Will VE work? I know I've cleared a VE for the RoE's for the free 119 set of gear. Requirements state Normal or higher. Sorry if I'm out of the loop and I'm wrong.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 10:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Scp have you hit this link from vadian?..
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 11:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Scp have you hit this link from vadian?..

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding it, but what is trying to be pointed out here? I've read over it about 10 times and can't find what's trying to be pointed out? I had posted for help for one of the pre-req's he requires. Is there something I'm missing here?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 12:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to get a JSE weapon, you said you read this 10 times here’s the main point in the same link:

JSE iLevel 119 Weapons
Creation Process
As of the April 2014 version update, also crafts iLv119 job specific equipment for each job; and as of the February 2016 version update, augments these items through unique and specific upgrade paths.
Players must have fulfilled at least one of the following prerequisites in order to create any iLv 119 job specific gear:
Have obtained the title for any one of the Delve Megaboss NMs: Muyingwa Wingcrusher, Dakuwaqa Trawler, Tojil Douser, Cailimh Plumageplucker, Wopket Trunksplitter, or Utkux Peltburner
Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.
Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty.
Pluton, Riftborn Boulder, or Beitetsu x150 are required for the creation process, in addition to a crafting material from the Delve Zone Boss Utkux and two level 50~75 craftable items; as denoted below.
All 150 must be of a single type.
After one game day, he will give you the completed iLevel 119 weapon.

Again it clearly states, “any ONE” of these mentioned to get access. So everything listed just do one of them.
Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty. You get access!
OR
Clear any Intense AmbuscadE
You get acces etc.

Once you get the weapon if you want to upgrade it more beat ROV. Then again SE is making an update to these requiring less items in this upcoming update. If English is your second language then I understand why you might not get it. I am responding to your main post on “what to do” and as for the easiest you could get your trusts do a sknm. Since the campaign is going on a lot of people are doing those. I bet if you shouted you will get people easily.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-03 12:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read his post as in he needs help with the clears, not the list of available options.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-03 12:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No one should really need help simply clearing a VE V1
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 12:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one should really need help simply clearing a VE V1
Have to agree on this one
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 13:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I read his post as in he needs help with the clears, not the list of available options.

Thank you. I knew what was necessary to get it, I just was looking for help getting any ONE of those done. I will state again, some have said I don't need help with VE v1, yet that is NOT a requirement to unlock Oboro. As I have already done a VE v1 to muster through the one-time RoE's to get the first 119 "free" set.
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 13:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am responding to your main post on “what to do” and as for the easiest you could get your trusts do a sknm. Since the campaign is going on a lot of people are doing those. I bet if you shouted you will get people easily.

I think my post title clearly states that I was looking for help unlocking him, and not asking what to do. I was also posting this to the server I am currently on in the hopes for some help.

and yes, English is my first language.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 14:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

scp said: »
I am responding to your main post on “what to do” and as for the easiest you could get your trusts do a sknm. Since the campaign is going on a lot of people are doing those. I bet if you shouted you will get people easily.

I think my post title clearly states that I was looking for help unlocking him, and not asking what to do. I was also posting this to the server I am currently on in the hopes for some help.

and yes, English is my first language.
I see could always do again the SKNMs since most people spamming so shouting can get you help right meow. Or do tenzen on normal if you have AA taru does sleepga 2 fine vs the tarus. Then again, giving suggestions on how it can be done since you did say you didn’t want a hand out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-03 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I knew what was necessary to get it, I just was looking for help getting any ONE of those done. I will state again, some have said I don't need help with VE v1, yet that is NOT a requirement to unlock Oboro. As I have already done a VE v1 to muster through the one-time RoE's to get the first 119 "free" set.

Oboro should be unlocked then. V1 = Intense Ambuscade. He posted the requirements above:

Quote:
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 14:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Oboro should be unlocked then. V1 = Intense Ambuscade. He posted the requirements above:

Quote:
Facts it seems any for intense does work but not for him I guess.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Most likely he cleared volume 2 not volume 1 and is remembering wrong, that’s why oboro is being more of an *** than usual.
Lol
I can see Oboro being all laughing being a ***.
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely he cleared volume 2 not volume 1 and is remembering wrong, that’s why oboro is being more of an *** than usual.

This is probably true. Would that have been the easier one to solo as a returning player? ( I did this maybe a year ago?)

Like I said, it's been 6~ years, so sorry if I'm out of the loop on the abv. that are given to this stuff.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-03 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably true. Would that have been the easier one to solo as a returning player? ( I did this maybe a year ago?)

Like I said, it's been 6~ years, so sorry if I'm out of the loop on the abv. that are given to this stuff.
You could just set the intense vol and do VE. Then talk to baldy orobo. With trusts shouldn’t be hard.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-03 14:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

v1 = Intense Ambuscade (Volume 1)
v2 = Normal Ambuscade (Volume 2)

Volume 1 is always harder than volume 2, and rewards more points. If you're a returning player after 6 years, its very very unlikely you solo'd a V1 this month with a starter 119 set. I don't know what job you are, and though it's not a hard battle, it's not specifically designed for a player to just pick up and win without any ilvl gear.

Now it's really easy to do and get ready for it, and you won't really lose anything trying. You could shout for help, but you could also try to solo a Normal SKCNM with trusts, which if you're using healers and a tank trust, I can't see how that would honestly be harder than attempting to solo ambu v1 (the difference being losing a potential orb).

Post deleted by User.
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 14:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone. I was not trying to be hard headed on this. Coming back into the cryptic information that is FFXI again, is a hard adjustment.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-03 14:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing cryptic anymore with this: Quickstart 1-119 Guide
 scp
By scp 2018-01-03 14:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There is nothing cryptic anymore with this: Quickstart 1-119 Guide

Thank you so much for this!