Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-18 15:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
I've been in a group where we used Drachen/Puppets
I might be wrong and someone will correct me if I am I hope, but as I said before the magical damage part of "Flaming Crush" gets mostly calculated as a consequence of how much damage the Physical Part does.
That means that if you boost physical damage, you're really gonna boost both parts of FC: the physical one (directly) and the magical one (indirectly).

If you boost the magical damage, you're gonna boost just one part of FC no matter what.

Supposing I'm not confused, the Roll argument should be "Drachen vs Puppet" and not "Puppet vs Beast", because Beast should always be better, unless your Ifrit is at capped attack but with just Warcry, Dia2 and Bolster Frailty I think you're not capped.

Either way, my point is that regardless of which entrust you gonna use, they're not make or break just like you said. If your group wipes it's likely for other reasons not because of the type of entrust used, imo.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-18 15:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it works like all the player hybrids yeah the magical side effectively uses physical part as a base dmg then applies relevant multipliers so improving pdif is always great.

That said assuming Idris the bolster frailty is -83% def by itself and light shot dia II is another 20%.... so outside of shenanigans a level 1 character can cap pdif
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-18 19:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana, Convokers body +3, convoker's feet +3, regal belt.apogee +1head and legs, merlinic hands. Marine stewpot.
Rolls are beast/puppet
Bubbles are frailty and malaise, entrust torpor.
Run pops all his ***.

2 smn, run, geo, cor, whm or rdm, leech or 3rd smn for 6th.
99ks are guaranteed and have lots of room above to scale back. Guarded hits will do 25kish.
By Darksparksnot 2017-12-19 04:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolster malaise/frailty/languor from non idris, drachen/beast and kusamochi, nq smn deal 70k-99k on D.
By Afania 2017-12-19 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
tyalangan said: »
I was replying to you saying you will die to anything but VE, when obviously that's not the case. I have duo'd E with Trust healers multiple times.

How do you manage to escape the damage from the housekeeper?

Here is a video of NIN solo E, and how to deal with that move.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: DRK version
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-12-19 14:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
DRK version
<3
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-12-19 14:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Either way, my point is that regardless of which entrust you gonna use, they're not make or break just like you said. If your group wipes it's likely for other reasons not because of the type of entrust used, imo.

Lol yeah, that was my point. Everyone was throwing their hands up over our loss because the wrong entrust was used. I did a group yesterday, about a week after the group I mentioned last time, and I was able to hit 99k's on my SMN that wasn't anywhere near as good as the group I was with previously. So who knows. Either way, I've farmed the majority of what I want and am mostly done with this month.
By Darksparksnot 2017-12-19 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What u do when housekeeper decidew to stay near pt?
By Afania 2017-12-19 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »

Have the tank pull the main NM away, lol.

Edit:With trust tank I suppose you can disengage so the trust tank would follow you.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-19 18:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »

Have the tank pull the main NM away, lol.

Edit:With trust tank I suppose you can disengage so the trust tank would follow you.

You don't even need to pull away. The charge-up time for Earthshaker? is so long that the HK could be on top of you and you would still have time to run out of range.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-20 01:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something strange that happened to me once with Earthshaker.
Normally you just run and you outrange the move np, it's a decently slow enough charge time.

This one time I was, like, over 30 yalms away so I decided to just stop thinking "meh, won't hit me this far" so yeah, instead to keep walking away I just stopped, and the move hit me.
I was like wtf?

Was it a matter of lag/latency etc or am I missing something?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-20 01:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been over 50 yalms away and still hit.

In every single attempt I've done, no matter how far or fast I turn my speed up I still get hit.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-20 04:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

...tet in all other attempts (granted they're not many) where I tried to outrun the move but did NOT stop walking, I managed flawlessly despite me being likely closer than 30 yalms.

What's the deal here?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-20 06:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it has a sweetspot. To close get hit, to far get hit.

Just right, no damage. No idea really.
 Asura.Vanyar
By Asura.Vanyar 2017-12-20 06:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be wrong, but I had the impression that Earthshaker would only target the one with hate unrelated to the range.

e.g. when I had hate from the Housekeeper and ran out of range it would hit me, but no one else (or at least less strong).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-20 06:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an AoE move though. Wether it's conic frontal or Circular around the target, it can and will hit multiple targets if they're in range.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-20 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

NO-SMN/NO-SP VD STRATEGY:

PLD DRG/SAM THF/DRG GEO WHM BRD/WHM

Clear time: 7-8min.

Important: Designate one player to be the barspell-***. This person will be locked in as the Housemaker's target for the rest of the fight (as long as nobody else casts a barspell), so they need to be alert and ready to run.

Blocking the status effects from each Warble isn't mandatory, but it makes the fight a lot easier, and helps DPS by keeping the BOG bubble up longer. If you have fast reflexes, you don't need to be in Japan or even using battlemod to block everything. Of course having a fast connection and battlemod will only help. Warbles go off every 30-sec.

Best if this person is the BRD, since you don't want the GEO running away with their Indi bubble. Also, probably best if this isn't the person you're relying on to cast Silence too. Baraera and Barblizzara are good options to start the fight with.

Skillchain: Drakesbane > Stardiver > Rudra's Storm

BRD: March, 2x Minuet, Madrigal, Barspells!
WHM: Boost-DEX, Auspice, Afflatus Misery,
GEO: Frailty/Fury/Precision

1. Buff. Don't forget that barspell!

2. PLD pull to starting corner,

3. Silence the Breadwinner. Slow, Paralyze and Dia II,

4. Block Warbles with their associated Barspell. You have 1-2 seconds after the message in log to react,

5. Angon, Feint, Blaze of Glory, Ecliptic Attrition,

6. Keep hate on the tank. Use TA, Jumps, Collaborator, etc.

7. If adds pop, PLD grab their attention ASAP (Sentinel, Rampart)

8. You have 30-secs to kill the adds before they SP, one 2-step SC will usually suffice,

9. If Housemaker comes near, BRD needs to run away ASAP.

10. After Housemaker uses JA, BRD will be under a very potent paralyze, so WHM needs to remove it ASAP,

11. Drill Claw (potent HP-down) and Thrashing Assault (def down) are conal. Best to remove their status effects asap,

12. If any Warbles go unblocked, WHM needs to Esuna them.

13. Don't let Silence lapse!

Difficulty: Is this strat PUG-able? Probably not, since it requires everybody to pay attention, and be able to react and work together. But for most seasoned groups, this method is going to be fast, stable, repeatable and doesn't require any SP's or cheesing w/ AC.

As others have said, baseline acc requirements are around mid-1400's. Yagrush is completely unnecessary. Idris is optional on D -- maybe even VD if you can keep BOG up. Marsyas is optional.

Notes: Breadwinner has high counter rate, so it's not advisable to build TP in front of the NM. Better to get TP, then only run in front for WS if you need to Trick Attack. At some point in the fight, Breadwinner will put on a Slow Spikes effect -- it lasts for about 30-secs. SAM is a good substitute for DRG (Ageha/Third Eye). DNC is a good sub for THF (Box Step, Quick Step) as long as they sub THF. Having somebody capable of doing Perp/Acces Regen V before entering is nice insurance.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-20 12:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna go ahead and stop you right here;

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Difficulty: Is this strat PUG-able? Probably not

Groups don't need to know how to do it. Theyve already got it figured out to their standard.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-20 13:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done VD melee style this month with a pickup party.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-20 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Difficulty: Is this strat PUG-able?

Speaking of which, I joined a PUG for this the other day, the pt only has 1 DRK from LS, rest are all PUG with very little endgame experience. Geo has no idris and duo boxed, brd has no Masyas, whm doesn't have dt- set. The pt lead said 70% of PUG can't beat N but I pushed them to do D because I think it's doable.

We had a rough start and wiped at first, then I change to DD rdm to help with silence/other debuffs/emergency cures + yell at people to run away from housekeeper, and we won all of the subsequent D runs. It took us 8- 10 min per run. Not as fast as elite experienced players, but it's certainty doable.

RDM is fantastic job in ambu PUG, IMO. This isn't the only time that I find ambu PUG turns out to be much easier after job change to rdm. Good enough dps for a DD slot, debuffs to help surviability, haste, emergency cure and raise to help whm. Distract=extra song slot for defensive songs. Refresh 3 reovers MP for mage without good gears. All of these can be done without having to sacrifice spell slot like BLU.

tl;dr, Nirvana isn't needed, even in PUG.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-12-20 16:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Our groups almost done with points this month spamming on D.
We bring WARtank/DD, THFDD, CORDD, BRD,Idris GEO,WHM.
The pt buffs like normal then brd only does bar-spells which nul aoe dmg+effect regardless of potency or skill, the rest is a zerg.

We win about 85% of the fights we do (depending on adds because silence either wears off or doesnt 100% block them like on VD. Sometimes lullaby doesnt stick and we risk getting hit with aoe since brd isnt barspelling when sleeping). Combat last about 1.5-2min once buffs are on. We kill it before the other meeble comes in. The Slow-spikes effect is tied to hundred fists so i larceny it when its up.

The war and thf are always tied on dmg so parse usually looks like war 39% thf 39% and cor 16% + SC dmg.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-20 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blocking the status effects from each Warble isn't mandatory, but it makes the fight a lot easier, and helps DPS by keeping the BOG bubble up longer.

You can't help the BOG bubble at all actually, bar's don't hit the luopan. Even dematerialize won't help since it just blocks dmg, not status effects.
By Afania 2017-12-22 17:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be much faster with a good DD cor instead of roll only cor. Not as fast as SMN, but I dont think its so bad for those only play melee jobs.

Tweaked strategy a bit for more offensive setup.

RUN/SAM (tank and DD), GEO(idris), BRD (3 songs), COR (savage blade), WAR (chango/upheaval)

To those who prefers melee setup, had Some changes to buffs for more dps:
1) Used armor break at start for Def down.
2) GEO Entrusted haste to counter slow spikes.

Including 1.5 min buff time, we are down to 3.5 min to 4 min a VD run with 3 DDs instead of 1-2, fastest clear was 3 min 20 sec from enter to exit.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-12-23 03:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few runs tonight Run,sam,drg,brd,geo(non idirs),whm Add's seemed to spawn regardless of if we hit every bar spell or not,i just think its random if they are close by,wasnt the fastest run in the world but was easily manageable.

By clearlyamule 2017-12-31 23:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So been playing around with this a bit on easy with puppets and after many runs it definitely seems like add spawning is at least somewhat related to debuffs landing.

Note every run where I get Overdrive off before a move and keep everyone out of range not a single add spawns. Housemaker still comes over each fight though

If I let 1 person get hit with AoEs then 1 add spawns sometimes after moves. If let more than 1 person get hit then 2 spawn each time some do. If a lot of people get hit it seems to increase the odds of being spawned. If I don't hit overdrive soon enough then I'll get adds.

I'm not usually close enough to see what's going on but it seems there is some hp threshold for this as well since if I get it low enough without problems then I can take some debuffs and adds wont spawn or haven't yet. Which is pretty nice since with all the guarding and stuff overdrive often wears out before it dies. Also first one might not count?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2018-01-08 21:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I failed to notice it in the thread I'm going to point out that silent storm lasts a ridiculously long time.
I was killing it in a standard melee setup with silent storm used for silence. I was the geo and was told to do magic acc bubbles at the start to prevent resists before swapping to fury/frailty.