Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Artifact, Relic, Empyrean Armor
Artifact, Relic, Empyrean Armor
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-11-01 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone knows of must have Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean armor for ranger, and which ones would need to be reforged to 119. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-11-01 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While a good portion of the gear has uses, I'd say the 'must haves' would be AF head (wsd)/hands (barrage), Relic head (recycle), Emp body (velocity shot bonus)/gloves (bounty shot).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-01 20:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

with the advent of Artifact+3 gear, a lot of the junk pieces from the past had new life put into them.

Orion Gloves+3 will give you 3 additional arrows/bullets/bolts on your Barrage shots, along with an additional unique "Barrage accuracy +32". That's in addition to the base Ranged Accuracy+48 already. All this, and "Shadowbind+16" to boot. I'd say they are essential.

I'd also say the Orion Jerkin+3 is one of our most solid TP options as well, and also increases the duration of Camouflage (only needs to be on during the /ja activation, not the entire time to get that Camo boost).

Empyrean Hands as mentioned are not only good for Augmenting Bounty Shot, but they are also great TP options in the 119 form for Bow users in particular. If you have HQ Adhemar hands and can take advantage of the set bonus, they aren't as important for that reason, but they are extremely solid.
By SmoothC 2017-11-11 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Relic +2/3 Is not looking good for us. The feet +2/3 versions have dropped the augment. which leads me to believe the Head +2/3 will drop the Recycle Augment!
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-11 10:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't drop the augment