Aeonic LS Require BSTs ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Aeonic LS Require BSTs ?
Aeonic LS Require BSTs ?
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2017-10-22 07:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm a returning player (5 times over) and trying to find that one job that is needed and very much fun to play. In the 75 days I was originally a BST (yes leveled with xp penalty) and had a ton of fun with it.

I'd really like to switch back to BST as my main (playing BLU right now and GEO as needed) but haven't been able to find that niche for BST any longer.
However, I've been reading a few for Aeonic LS's that require to have BSTS job leveled. Why are BSTs needed? I've found a strat for Erinys in which BSTs deal with the adds. But is that the only fight in which BST is needed? Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'd love to be able to research those particular BST strats and customize my BST to be able to participate with those strategies to the best of my ability.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-22 07:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BSTs are pretty decent for afk killing everything except HELM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-10-23 19:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst was my first level 99 job back in 2012, I have job points master for it and rather decent gear. I honestly almost never use it for end game anymore. Every since the nerf, which reduced the yalm range for "Ready", bst has seem to fallen short behind Smn in desirability.

Regardless, Bst is still amazing in terms of AoE farming and at certain content that benefits from using a pet over a person. I've used Bst successfully, though I do not know if it was perhaps the best method, at the following content: Escha-Zi'tah T1-HELM nms, Reisenjima T3s, Avatar High-tier merit point fights (Bst pets stun lock the ams), some unity concord nms.

I personally have not found a strategy to work using Bsts for aeonics regarding reisenjima HELMs, though perhaps there is a niche to be filled for one or two of the nms that spam ads. Whenever I have tried to use Bst for these nms via /yell parties, we have wiped. This is not to say that there is no way to utilize the job here, I just have not yet found a way.
You can, however, use Bst easily for all of Escha-zi'tah, most of Escha-Ru'an (excluding some of the gods and WoC/Kirin), and most of reisenjima except for the HELMs.
 Asura.Tealsic
Server: Asura
user: TTealsic
By Asura.Tealsic 2017-10-23 20:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a number of others who can give their input such as Falkirk, beaztmaster, and sammeh to name a few ,but personally speaking I have only played bst in this game since I started playing back in 07. THe key is to follow kirks guide and try to aim for the best gears, and get really good with your job. Know your enemy and be able to adapt to it with the right pet. Some mobs hit hard so I personally leveled cooking to to make dawn mulsums constantly on my own, and this has made me nearly invincible as long as I don't run out. [Deleted due to derp]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-23 21:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's far from required rarely even the best... however for a player that is paying attention and are well geared they are a good, safe, and steady source of dmg that requires minimal outside support.