Ambuscade Volume 1 - September 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-24 12:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude chill, not even once I mentioned that its the same ffs.

Yes its okay not to know and normal to ask but its right there on BG and a no brainier...
We just wanted to check if indeed it does something to this month..
And FYI that enmity you speak of was very noticeable with WAR since we were barely pulling hate off him. so technically it did help!

Whatever was edited is still there with quotes, show me where I said they are the same aside from the obvious question if they indeed overwrite each other...... which is still a very valid question and people still got no answer to it.

Edit: once you answered the question if they overwrite each other or not the post was modified even though I'm still concerned for the same reason (if Tomahawk did lower piercing resistance and then you apply Angon will it stack or overwrite) thats a valid question.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 13:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
And FYI that enmity you speak of was very noticeable with WAR since we were barely pulling hate off him. so technically it did help!

Your not a Warrior are you? It's called Retaliation, once a Warrior gets hate it becomes very difficult to pull it off them unless they stop DPSing entirely.

Quote:
(if Tomahawk did lower piercing resistance and then you apply Angon will it stack or overwrite)

If silence did silence and then you apply sleep, will they stack or overwrite.

See how silly that question becomes. The entire concept of "stacking" is things of a similar value being added together, Berserk and Last Resort, Haste spell and Marches, Torpor and Distract, Frailty and Dia, and so forth. Things that are a completely separate and unrelated term don't really fit the concept of stacking.

The term comes from D&D which is a dice heavy game with lots of modifiers to those dice rolls. Players will build around adding together lots of modifies to the same dice rolls in order to stack the dice in their favor. You don't stack Attack Bonus and Armor Class, or Will saves and Reflect saves.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-24 13:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

-This was discussed way before on other threads, bringing it up is not an issue and do mention that in BG to close it once and for all.

-And in regards to retaliation, thats also understood no need to -bring it up.

-The point was to test out Tomahawk effect on adds, I don't need to repeat it a thousand times and it kind of did from observation and it did help with enmity regardless how trivial you think it is. After use add turned right away to WAR and it was a new add with all that legion shared enmity I might add even though DRG was the top DPS by 2%.

-Its great that they are unrelated, yet this discussion was mentioned several times and no confirmation was done.

- If a mob takes 25% less damage from piercing and you apply tomahawk and it went back up to 100% normal damage then you apply Angon it will add -25% Def down on mob and will take full damage from piercing for 90 sec on both. that was the premise of the question. and you now answered it since they're not related what so ever.
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2017-09-29 02:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a thief solo very easy? Obviously with trust.
By Scintila 2017-09-29 03:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Can a thief solo very easy? Obviously with trust.
Yes.
 Ragnarok.Senzumi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Senzumi
By Ragnarok.Senzumi 2017-09-29 05:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Been spamming D VD with nin thf thf rdm whm blu, thiefs just sata one of the two dd, ten or req to rudras, rudras for sc, 10-15 min fights very very safe and easy
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2017-09-29 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any strats, been trying since you replied but no luck.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-10-04 13:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Any strats, been trying since you replied but no luck.

For very easy solo with THF/DNC, I use AAEV to tank, Koru-Moru for haste/refresh, debuffs and help cures alongside Apururu (U). I also take Zeid II since he is decent DPS. I'd say only Apururu (U), Koru-Moru, and AAEV are must-haves. Fill the rest with your favorite DPS npcs.

My gear is ok (no REMA, but I dual wield two Taming Sari, one perfect augments the other one is just a tad below perfect augments). I have NQ Mummu gear and do not even use food. I also do not even gearswap -- the entire fight is in TP accessories, even weaponskills (Evisc/Rudra for self dark, or Evisc to try to close out CDC from AAEV). I also totally ignored bombs, but a single weaponskill and few extra swipes will take out a bomb. This may be partially luck-based (if it spams mines, your NPCs could possibly run out of MP even with Convert)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-04 13:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For VE you can use literally anything except supports.

Any haster, any healer, any "tank" It literally doesn't matter.

The only way you can possibly lose is you bring support trusts. Or are really, and I mean, epicly bad.

I did it in my towngear, with GS off, and forgot to even wear a headpiece so uncapped haste. (for seal for an alt)