users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - August 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - August 2017
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-29 09:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That is an incredibly bad way to go about this fight.

Our setup which was 4min wins (cause waiting on last 2 DRG repops)

PLD (or RUN) tank
WHM
GEO
BRD
WAR
DD COR (this guy needs a real savage blade set)

Buffs are
Marcato HM + VM + Lightening Carol x 2 + Barthundra + SAM's roll + Hunters Roll (COR wanted it) + Frailty + Fury

PLD runs in aggroes, pops sentinal and runs back to the corner were BRD sleeps them. At the same time everyone else is running to the middle where the GEO would of Dia II'd a DRG to pull it in. PLD "tanks" the pulled add as best but they are going to lose hate very soon.

Our SC was
Upheaval -> Savage Blade -> Upheaval
3/4 of the time the add was dead after the Savage Blade, if not the following Upheaval guaranteed their death.

Adds pulled are

DRG #1
DRG #2
MNK #1
MNK #2
DRG #3 (repop)
DRG #4 (repop)

Don't *** go /NIN and leave the WHM slept. Lightening Carol x2 + Barthundra is sufficient for the stun off the MNK's to have no effect 9/10 of the time. Allowing the heavy DD to use a real sub to kill them faster.

Super easy fight, finished in 4min from entry to exit.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-08-29 10:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
Prolly not the best of most efficient way to do it but it works for our group, and if I can help somebody else get a W then im all for it.
By Gunshin 2017-08-29 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So because we on average get 1 min longer fights and do it extremely safely extremely easily my way is a bad way to do the fight, I think you are somewhat ignorant. Just because its different from what worked from you does not make it bad, this is where intelligence comes in, like I said all strats welcome but don't be a tard about it, you may help someone without being a prat.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-29 11:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost make a perfect video but then the sam doesn't use food!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-08-29 12:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That is an incredibly bad way to go about this fight.

Our setup which was 4min wins (cause waiting on last 2 DRG repops)

PLD (or RUN) tank
WHM
GEO
BRD
WAR
DD COR (this guy needs a real savage blade set)

Buffs are
Marcato HM + VM + Lightening Carol x 2 + Barthundra + SAM's roll + Hunters Roll (COR wanted it) + Frailty + Fury

PLD runs in aggroes, pops sentinal and runs back to the corner were BRD sleeps them. At the same time everyone else is running to the middle where the GEO would of Dia II'd a DRG to pull it in. PLD "tanks" the pulled add as best but they are going to lose hate very soon.

Our SC was
Upheaval -> Savage Blade -> Upheaval
3/4 of the time the add was dead after the Savage Blade, if not the following Upheaval guaranteed their death.

Adds pulled are

DRG #1
DRG #2
MNK #1
MNK #2
DRG #3 (repop)
DRG #4 (repop)

Don't *** go /NIN and leave the WHM slept. Lightening Carol x2 + Barthundra is sufficient for the stun off the MNK's to have no effect 9/10 of the time. Allowing the heavy DD to use a real sub to kill them faster.

Super easy fight, finished in 4min from entry to exit.

Oh regarding the adds.
Shockwave was reliably working on VE/E/N, and lasted several minutes at higher tp levels/with warcry.

Did not have the chance to try it out on higher difficulties though. If for some reason a RUN is tanking this could be viable. It seems pretty potent and has a really wide AoE Range.

BRD sleeping is probably best, bet it is a nice tool in case there is an emergency.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-29 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunshin said: »
So because we on average get 1 min longer fights and do it extremely safely extremely easily my way is a bad way to do the fight, I think you are somewhat ignorant. Just because its different from what worked from you does not make it bad, this is where intelligence comes in, like I said all strats welcome but don't be a tard about it, you may help someone without being a prat.

You weren't doing a super safe fight, you were derping around and making it harder for everything then telling others to make it harder for themselves.

This is a super easy fight, not difficult at all.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-08-29 12:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Almost make a perfect video but then the sam doesn't use food!
Lol It was our last fight and I didnt wanna use 30min food for no reason, so I was like risk it for the biscuit. Didnt seem to matter tooooo much outside of that whiffed wyvern fudo.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-29 12:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Oh regarding the adds.
Shockwave was reliably working on VE/E/N, and lasted several minutes at higher tp levels/with warcry.

Did not have the chance to try it out on higher difficulties though. If for some reason a RUN is tanking this could be viable. It seems pretty potent and has a really wide AoE Range.

BRD sleeping is probably best, bet it is a nice tool in case there is an emergency.

It won't work because where your fighting the mobs is different from where they are being slept. The tank is pulling them all to the initial corner for sleeping but your fighting them one at a time at the center where the BRD is. If you leave them at the center then the BRD super buffs them and the fight gets much harder. The BRD is monitoring the add being killed and pulls the next one before the current one dies so the DD's spend minimal time waiting.

The only thing preventing us from going faster was having to wait for the DRG's to repop. On D it takes six kills and thus DRG x 2 -> MNK x 2 -> DRG x 2. The WHM is a distraction and should be ignored.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-29 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Oh regarding the adds.

It's rather accurate since the update and even half resist results in a decent sleep. Full 3k tp duration is 6 minutes. range looks to be about 15'.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-30 02:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Heard multiple people here claiming that VD and D this month are super easy.

Anybody still need help getting more points? Please do holler, I have a multitude of VD-ready jobs, I'm sure I can fill any role on N and higher difficulties.

Alternatively anybody feel like helping an old annoying Galka? Please do holler!

Ultimately someone wants to sell runs? Name a price, I might think about it (I doubt because I'm short on funds atm and I'm quite a tight-*** in general, but still worth asking and see what happens!)
By Senzumi 2017-08-30 05:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The strat posted by Gunshin worked well for us, not sure why anyone is hating 5min easy win.
By Gunshin 2017-08-30 06:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't know myself lol, I think it's just because I have something different than themselves and that automatically makes it worse/wrong, but hey whatever works for ya
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-30 07:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All the strats posted have basically been the same as Gobbo's from page 1.

Has anyone done it differently?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-30 08:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Heard multiple people here claiming that VD and D this month are super easy.

D can be easy, VD is still annoying as hell and not worth the time. There isn't any huge wait line this month so you can rapidly do Intense D's.

Hey guyz, lets nerf our DPS by using shadows to avoid the stun while completely ignoring the spell buffs from jobs we are already bringing that do the exact same thing.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-30 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone bring me to Ambu vol1 D or sell me wins Q_Q

/WhineSomeMore
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-30 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Someone bring me to Ambu vol1 D or sell me wins Q_Q

/WhineSomeMore

Hit me up when I'm on, not difficult to build a group for fast wins, provided people turn off the TV and youtube.
[+]
By anik 2017-08-31 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How ASURA's BEST GEARED react when I exit Ambuscade VOL 1 on VD:
YouTube Video Placeholder