Ninja Nerf VS?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Ninja Nerf VS?
Ninja Nerf VS?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 15:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So noticed over the last few weeks, VS is not doing anywhere near the damage it once was. 119 Nirvana, +1 grip/ammo Nq/HQ Ring, +3 af1 gear in right spots. Damage was 30~50k had been a constant 8~15k since last months update, perhaps before then.

So, asking has anyone else noticed a drop in VS damage or any other Avatar BPR?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-28 15:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this troll bait to get the SMN executioners all fired up again?

To answer your question: No change in BP damage.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

no, this is a real question. Friend of mine has been doing below average damage for a while now. I assumed it was a simple macro issue but another Smn said the same thing and they have very similar gear and have been trying to see what the issue could be.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-28 15:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
no, this is a real question. Friend of mine has been doing below average damage for a while now. I assumed it was a simple macro issue but another Smn said the same thing and they have very similar gear and have been trying to see what the issue could be.

I see, well there could be a number of factors involved that might be contributing to changes in your damage.

Quality of gear, type of gear in relation to the ilevel content being done, food, buffs, number of players in the party/alliance, equipset issues, GS or LUA issues, etc can all affect BP damage.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 15:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All 119, Master Smn, as I said all HQ gear minus 1 ring and apogee head/legs. Omen with no buffs outside GEO bubbles for normal thingies (geo has idris master and 269 skill) So my guess is Macro issue. Just checking since I was not certain.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-28 16:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All 119, Master Smn, as I said all HQ gear minus 1 ring and apogee head/legs. Omen with no buffs outside GEO bubbles for normal thingies (geo has idris master and 269 skill) So my guess is Macro issue. Just checking since I was not certain.

Which HQ pieces? Apogee+1? Merlinic and Helios still play a HUGE role in end game content, so hopefully your sets extend beyond just Apogee+1 and are including those.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-28 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does he/she use gearswap?
By clearlyamule 2017-07-28 17:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they tried testing it under controlled circumstances first?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 17:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Have a suggestion how?
By OmniKroe 2017-07-28 17:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pebcak
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-28 18:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the title as Victory Smite instead of Volt Strike.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 18:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »

It is under Smn forum if you read the very top for the category, But I did say VS to get more eyes on.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-07-28 19:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »

It is under Smn forum if you read the very top for the category, But I did say VS to get more eyes on.
Click-bait at it's best.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-07-28 21:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

absolutely degenerate thread
By clearlyamule 2017-07-28 21:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a suggestion how?
idk bping a lvl 0 mob with gear locked. Pretty sure you can find capped pdif with various amounts of gear dmgs since I remember a bunch posted post update. Or just make extra sure you are capping pdif and acc on those mobs on ones you have in the past and try again
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-07-28 21:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a suggestion how?
idk bping a lvl 0 mob with gear locked. Pretty sure you can find capped pdif with various amounts of gear dmgs since I remember a bunch posted post update. Or just make extra sure you are capping pdif and acc on those mobs on ones you have in the past and try again

BPing a low level/low hp mob with a multi hit pact will produce a lower damage total due to killing it with the first hit.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-28 21:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »

Have a suggestion how?

BPing a low level/low hp mob with a multi hit pact will produce a lower damage total due to killing it with the first hit.
And what math can you do using that knowledge? Unless they did something crazy like changing the number of hits or undoing the previous change to them that should be sufficient

Edit: level 0s doing same they did immediately post update. Don't really have the gear/jps to really check all 3 hits connecting right
By Chimerawizard 2017-07-28 21:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

are you certain all your gear is swapping correctly? including gear with correct augments

if using gearswap. turn on showswaps & debugmode and test for each rule to be sure. else just check your macros and make sure there's only one of that item per inventory/sack/etc so it isn't swapping to a different augmented version.
By jopa 2017-08-03 23:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Volt Strike got even more nerfed in the latest update. Guess we can stop calling for a SMN nerf, fellow anti-SMNs!