Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Stuck at the Three Mage Gate
Stuck at the Three Mage Gate
 Ragnarok.Neraya
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2017-06-13 07:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there, I'm trying the free trial for an other nostalgic trip in Vana'diel (& recording it) and during this adventure I forgot that to open the gate in Inner Horutoto Ruins with the portal charm you must do the 3-2 mission beforehand. And so I haven't :(

Any kind soul around to open this gate for me ? I usually log around 4am edt / 1am pdt / 10am cest / 8am utc for about 2 or 3 hours.

For now I just stuck my new char in front of this door hoping someone go through while I'm at work xD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-06-13 08:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You will wait forever. no one goes thru there. They can warp past it. Wiki has the answers.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Mage_Gate
By Ridgual 2017-06-13 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, there's a KI called "Portal Charm" that lets you pass through alone. I just wrapped up Windy missions last week and had to grab it.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-13 09:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridgual said: »
Ya, there's a KI called "Portal Charm" that lets you pass through alone. I just wrapped up Windy missions last week and had to grab it.
You have to go through it once before you can get it.
By Ridgual 2017-06-13 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ridgual said: »
You have to go through it once before you can get it.

Ahh. I wasn't aware of that.
 Ragnarok.Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2017-06-13 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Portal Charm require you to do the 3-2 mission and for it you must go through once before as Jetackuu said.

The other possibility is to go through Toraimarai Canal but for that it require to do many quest and further more, for the last one (or the one before) you have to kill a Skeleton NM lv58, kinda hard for my free trial account rdm33 :P

Can't yell, can't shout either that's why I made this post :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 12:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neraya said: »
Portal Charm require you to do the 3-2 mission and for it you must go through once before as Jetackuu said.

The other possibility is to go through Toraimarai Canal but for that it require to do many quest and further more, for the last one (or the one before) you have to kill a Skeleton NM lv58, kinda hard for my free trial account rdm33 :P

Can't yell, can't shout either that's why I made this post :(
Start paying for your account then.

Those quests are pretty easy, I got it done in about 6 hours so I can get Fenrir and Full Moon Fountain.
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-06-13 12:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you was on asura i could open door ;-( without being about to shout or anyone answering this im afraid you wont be getting through there as most have book/crystal to bypass the door.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-13 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

longer ago than I like to admit, I was a mentor and people could seek me out in the help menu.....

from wiki
To search for a mentor, select "Mentor Search" from the main menu's Help Desk option, or use the Search function to find players with mentor icons.

I quit mentoring a long time ago... but perhaps there are still some nice people that play that would help you out...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I was a mentor
And I still have nightmares from your "help"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-13 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

can we get some sort of official designation as the worst place to get advice on the internet...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ridgual 2017-06-14 09:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
can we get some sort of official designation as the worst place to get advice on the internet...

Lol. My response must've been before my coffee because they even stated that they knew about Portal Charm. Herp derp, my b. ><
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2017-06-14 09:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2017-06-14 12:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Went through ! Thanks again you wonderful hero, and also thank you for the 5 hour~ cover on aggro I guessed.