By geigei 2017-04-06 16:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The gap bewtween D and VD is huge.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-06 18:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

we actually jsut won a vd. Thought we were gonna get crushed. Were doin Difficult then tried a vd for the hell of it.
run, geo, whm, blm, blm, sch
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-06 19:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Doing it wrong, gotta be
SMN
SMN
SMN
SMN
GEO
COR
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-07 11:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually to my big surprise One For All DOES STACK with Magic Barrier, doesn't overwrite it.
Odd, did things change? Or was my memory just at fault?
I swear I could remember OFA overwriting Magic Barrier...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-07 12:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It didn't. If it did, then it would also be overwriting stoneskin as well.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-07 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »

Doing it wrong, gotta be
PUP
SMN
SMN
SMN
GEO
COR
ftfy ;p
By maxdecphoenix 2017-04-08 17:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a video of friends and I clearing this month's volume 1 on Difficult.

Jobs were blu, whm, geo, blm, sch, pld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_5RAK77P0E
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-04-08 20:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-04-08 20:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Approved
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-08 21:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The rest of the persons gear is far more important then the shiny weapon they using, and fighting is far more about how many buffs you can toss at someone then them having an AG REMA.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-04-08 21:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The rest of the persons gear is far more important then the shiny weapon they using, and fighting is far more about how many buffs you can toss at someone then them having an AG REMA.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-08 22:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure that's the proper usage of that meme, though.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-10 17:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Recorded and uploaded a melee setup for Intense VD.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-04-10 17:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Roll my eye when I see people who think you must have those to do well or beat stuff with reasonable clear times. Same idiots that were chanting for a nerf to BLU that are mysteriously absent these days when they finally realized other jobs can actually do well with minor buffs!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 17:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
when they finally realized other jobs can actually do well with minor buffs!

You mean Bard got buffed so that it's now standard to bring a BRD over a 2nd GEO and thus party config now works to include magic haste cap for all jobs? The biggest issue with BLU was always how it screwed with party config.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-04-10 17:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Which you could have gotten with the second GEO? Why aren't you complaining that the Bard still has to cast a March instead of a different song? That was your argument, which was a stupid one. Everyone else was crying about BLU's strength.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 17:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Which you could have gotten with the second GEO? Why aren't you complaining that the Bard still has to cast a March instead of a different song? That was your argument, which was a stupid one. Everyone else was crying about BLU's strength.

2 GEO: 4 spells, lose 1 spell to haste
GEO + BRD, 2 spells, 4 songs, lose 1 song to haste

Yes, clearly they're the same thing.

Also a few other buffs came into play to change things, like the AOE damage nerf which made BLU's superior defenses less necessary. And the reduction in mob evasion which meant BLU's higher accuracy also was made unnecessary.

BLU got "nerfed" in effectively the best way it can, without actually eating a nerf.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-04-10 18:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO gains an ability called Entrust, it would be up for most fights in the game due to the zoning and JA resetting. So you don't lose a full powered spell. Most idiots didn't even use the JA.

The other nerfs were already in play while people were debating that whole thing. They even used BLU's defensive buffs as a reason for its nerf AFTER those nerfs were put in the game.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-10 18:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an Ambuscade thread. Can we take this ***elsewhere?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 18:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO gains an ability called Entrust, it would be up for most fights in the game due to the zoning and JA resetting. So you don't lose a full powered spell. Most idiots didn't even use the JA.

The other nerfs were already in play while people were debating that whole thing. They even used BLU's defensive buffs as a reason for its nerf AFTER those nerfs were put in the game.

Not every fight is that short. Some ambuscades actually outlasted entrust. Some Omen fights regularly do as well. And you also can't fully cycle entrusted hastes. As well, if you're entrusting haste that means you're not able to entrust DEX, or acc, or attune, or vex. It's still dropping a buff because you're not using a BLU which gave BLU a clear advantage.

BRD buffs sealed the config for BLU no longer being "necessary". There are still plenty of shouts for BLU's, though.
By Draylo 2017-04-10 18:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Very minimal buffs you would be obtaining, that could be gotten elsewhere such as a chaos roll boosted by DRK or any of their specific party enhancements like angon etc. BLU's MG is also on a timer. "Some" fights being the key word there, the majority of them you could do this no problem.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Very minimal buffs you would be obtaining, that could be gotten elsewhere such as a chaos roll boosted by DRK or any of their specific party enhancements like angon etc. BLU's MG is also on a timer. "Some" fights being the key word there, the majority of them you could do this no problem.

Yeah, and BLU is still the most powerful "one man army" job and superior to nearly all others for 1-3 man content, or "tankless" content. I don't get your QQing, you got to keep your job as its full power and people aren't calling for it to be nerfed daily anymore.
By Draylo 2017-04-10 18:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not crying, I just found it funny was all. BLU will always be the best :) Also, you must have misread what I originally typed. Other jobs got "minor buffs" to help bring them up to par, which is what I was advocating for from the start. Where everyone else cried that it wouldn't be enough unless blood was spilled from BLU. It wasn't just minor buffs to BRD either.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 18:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not crying, I just found it funny was all. BLU will always be the best :) Also, you must have misread what I originally typed. Other jobs got "minor buffs" to help bring them up to par, which is what I was advocating for from the start. Where everyone else cried that it wouldn't be enough unless blood was spilled from BLU. It wasn't just minor buffs to BRD either.

It was a combination of:

BRD becoming a superior support and offering enough ACC to hit cap, haste cap, and attack to make up for Nature's meditation.

Further evasion nerf making it easier to hit ACC cap.

Lack of good AF+3 on BLU. Lack of BLU on good accessories from Omen.

Omen content being heavily based on magic damage, which BLU has some advantage on but isn't the difference between life and death (like physical moves vs a standard melee and a cocoon+MG BLU).

Slight switch from vex to fade because of that nerf, making it so light armor jobs in higher meva aren't as advantageous.

That said BLU is still OP, just not in the content that "matters" anymore. I still know people who feel BLU need a nerf, but SMN is now top job needing a nerf and shouts for BLU aren't 99% of the time, meaning they can be used to know which party leaders to ignore instead of the only thing bring shouted for.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-04-10 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out SMNs, they are coming for you now!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 19:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also kinda humorous, I'm just now looking at Ruau's guide video and he straight up mentions BLU as a main aspect of the strategy. I don't agree, but BLU is so strong still it's being put into guides for content.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-10 19:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
This is an Ambuscade thread. Can we take this ***elsewhere?
^
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-10 21:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Also kinda humorous, I'm just now looking at Ruau's guide video and he straight up mentions BLU as a main aspect of the strategy. I don't agree, but BLU is so strong still it's being put into guides for content.

We've been easily clearing VD without any BLU's. The defensive abilities are a good fallback for those who aren't good enough to switch in and out of DT gear rapidly, otherwise it's pretty easy. My only disappointment was that since magic damage is bleh on them I can't abuse SC mechanics and instead it's just a WS spam fight.

On the whole BLU vs everyone else thing, even before the BRD update 2H jobs had a higher damage ceiling. BRD's recent boost just made it so there was a reason to bring them outside of buffing 2H DD's. Marcato HM + Victory March is enough to cap magic haste or just Marcato Victory + Regular haste, though you want the HM for extra acc and atk anyway. The only situation where BLU has a slight advantage is where you need to choose between a BRD or a COR, or you simply can't get a BRD at all and you still need the GEO's indi spell for something defensive.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 21:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

We've been easily clearing VD without any BLU's. The defensive abilities are a good fallback for those who aren't good enough to switch in and out of DT gear rapidly, otherwise it's pretty easy. My only disappointment was that since magic damage is bleh on them I can't abuse SC mechanics and instead it's just a WS spam fight.

On the whole BLU vs everyone else thing, even before the BRD update 2H jobs had a higher damage ceiling. BRD's recent boost just made it so there was a reason to bring them outside of buffing 2H DD's. Marcato HM + Victory March is enough to cap magic haste or just Marcato Victory + Regular haste, though you want the HM for extra acc and atk anyway. The only situation where BLU has a slight advantage is where you need to choose between a BRD or a COR, or you simply can't get a BRD at all and you still need the GEO's indi spell for something defensive.

I get like 70~% or so darkness damage on the Gigas. I also don't clear it with BLU's, was simply stating the advantages of BLU's are still there in guides from the top players of the game.

BLU was always about being quicker to reach a certain level of DPS. It had higher "starting stats" at adequate gear levels that once you got to buffing it gave it more than most other jobs until you start capping out stats. The power creep/buffs made it easier to hit those caps, which negates, to a point, the BLU advantages. I'd say the biggest benefit to BLU is any defensive fight as MG is strong, and BLU is going to have less trouble tanking anything if your tank goes down (Kyou single target move, or Kin gets his 3min terror off, etc.) Though both of those things can be done acceptably well by any geared player.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-10 21:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

MG is strong but there are other buffs that are stronger. The benefit to MG is that it's +Def / MDB / Regen and lasts a while. The other buff to take a look at is Saline Coat, +50 MDB for two minutes then the last 60s has it decaying. If you diffusion that then it's over four minutes of +50 MDB with the last minute decaying. Idris Fend is +60 MDB just for comparison. Magic Barrier and BT are both nice but only self targeting. In low man situations MG lets BLU cap it's own magic haste, which is critical when you only have 2~3 players, though trusts just got a hella big buff to their songs so you can hit haste cap with just a trust RDM and trust doing victory march, so even there BLU's advantage is greatly diminished. People blew BLU's capability way out of proportion because a handful of amazing BLU's did some crazy ***and then waves of gimps *** players tried to copy them and largely failed hard.

Yeah my SC damage on Gigas was kinda ***, not worth doing multi-steps with Chango so I reverted back to Rag Reso spam. Just to shut a bunch of people up I switched to Zulfiqar and still kicked their ***'s.