Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2017-03-06 23:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

MAGA : Make Augments Great Again

Long overdue, and inspired by the Ashita plugin, I unofficially introduce "MAGA", an addon for Windower.

https://github.com/cairface/maga

Please do yourself -- and me -- a favor and fully read the documentation before you load this up. It is not a particularly complex addon, but its intricacies and unique functionality may confuse the standard end user.

The core functionality of this addon replicates the augmentation process without using menus or clicking any buttons. When you trade an armor or weapon to Oseem with this loaded, a menu will not pop up and your item will temporarily leave your inventory. This is normal. If you are not comfortable using it, then don't. You are by no means obligated.

How It Works

The main usage involves you trading the desired item to Oseem and then typing //maga start. At this point, the addon will begin using all of your stones to augment the traded item. When it matches an augment, it will print the match to the log and you have the option to accept it, continue, or cancel and receive your original item. This uses the exact same options that typical menu progression would take you through.

There are some important settings to note:

• style (//maga style) : Sets the type of augment that will be chosen. Valid sub commands are magic, melee, healing, ranged, and familiar. If you do not pick a valid augment style for your traded item, you will get your item back.

• taupe (//maga taupe) : Toggles whether or not to use taupe stones.

• fern (//maga fern) : Toggles whether or not to use fern stones.

• pellucid (//maga pellucid) : Toggles whether or not to use pellucid stones.

• delay <#> : Sets the delay between augments to #. There is no minimum delay, but the maximum delay is 5.

At any time during the augmenting process, you can type //maga stop to cancel. This does not give you your item back yet! You still have to type //maga accept to accept the most recent augment or //maga cancel to receive your original item.

I'm Not Afraid, Tell Me About Augments!

Foremost, if you do not have any augments specified, that is automatically considered a "match", and it will stop after a single augment try. You can use this to verify that it's working if you so desire.

Augments are contained within "augment sets". MAGA will do the wonders of checking for you if the augments you received were better than the augments in any specified augment set. Augments within a single set must all match, but if you specify a single augment in two sets it will stop for either.

No more than six augments can be within a single set (because you can't have more than 6 afaik..), but you can have as many sets as your heart desires.

Commands:

• add <augment name> <minimum value> <set number> : Adds "<augment name>" with minimum value match "<minimum value>" to set # <set number>. If a set number is not specified, the default is 1.

• remove <augment name> <set number> : Removes "<augment name>" from set # <set number>. If a set number is not specified, the default is 1.

• newset : Creates another augment set for you to add to.

• delset <set number> : Removes set # <set number>. You can't remove set 1.

So, if I type //maga add "Magic Burst Damage" 9 (or //maga add "Magic Burst Damage" 9 1), the addon will now stop at any augment that has Magic Burst Damage >= 9. If I subsequently type //maga add INT 10, it will now stop on any augment that has Magic Burst Damage >= 9 AND INT >= 10.

Lovely.

So maybe you're going for fast cast as well. If I type //maga newset, a blank matching set will be created. This means that currently it will stop for (1) any augment that has Magic Burst Damage >= 9 AND INT >= 10 ... OR (2) any augment at all. Not so useful yet. However, if you add to set 2, //maga add "Fast Cast" 6 2, it will now stop for (1) any augment that has Magic Burst Damage >= 9 AND INT >= 10 ... OR (2) any augment that has Fast Cast > 6. Play around with this to your hearts desire.

When you're satisfied, you have the option to save your hard work:

• save <profile name> : Saves your current augment sets to <profile name>

• load <profile name> : Loads <profile name> to your current augment sets

Help, I Can't Figure Out What My Augment Is Called

I used a gutted version of windower's current extdata lib (thanks Byrth!) that normalizes the augment names for human comprehension (no periods, quotations, abbreviations). You are more than welcome to just look at the file in the folder and check the valid augment strings.

However, if you are super lazy, I have provided a gracious search feature.

• search <search str> : returns and prints to log a list of the augments that contain the specified string

The GitHub has an issue tracker. I'm open to feedback, but don't get crazy. Don't say I never did anything.

Don't ask me if it's safe. It's as safe as any other thing that (1) automates a behavior (2) injects correct packets. That is to say, it's safe if you're not being stupid. Your account is your responsibility. That is the only statement you will receive about the safety of the addon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-06 23:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

-1 for not naming the thread Oseema Bin Laden as suggested.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-03-06 23:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

build the wall with taupe stones
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-03-07 02:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to try this tonight, great idea and thanks for sharing
By xaniko 2017-03-07 04:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 05:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

MAGA MAGHELLA, MAGA MAGA'!
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-07 06:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***!
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-03-07 06:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried it...

It's incredibly fast and.. I have no words.
It burned through 150 stones in under 2 minutes !

This addon is gold ! Thanks man
[+]
By ocean 2017-03-07 07:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Genius
[+]
By mrpresident 2017-03-07 07:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm MrPresident, and I approve this addon.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-03-07 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Burning thru 150 stones in 2 minutes is kind of crazy. Is it safe?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-07 09:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try it when I get home from work. Been messing with the Oseem version on Ashita and it is solid.

If I understand, the profiles are saved directly to the plugin and not edited in an xml externally? Or is there an option to modify (or re-use) a pre-existing xml with all of the possible augment combinations?

For instance:

Set 1 - Required: DA3, ACC20, ATT20, STR10
SET 2 - Required: STP5, ACC20, ATT20, DEX10
etc
etc
etc
SET 10...

How would you go back and edit set 1? Retype all of the criteria in that set? Or is a file saved somewhere (I see that you can save your profile, just not sure where its stored).

Also, just trying to understand this part right here:

Quote:
The core functionality of this addon replicates the augmentation process without using menus or clicking any buttons

Does this mean that the actual value of each augment set is hidden until you either cancel or hit a set that matches?
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-03-07 09:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you Jinjo!
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-07 10:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

MAGA : 1.0.0.1

- Added a command handler for the delay setting.
- The delay controls the wait time between consecutive augments.

Command:

• delay <#> : Sets the delay between augments to #. There is no minimum delay, but the maximum delay is 5.

Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-07 17:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Derp
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-07 18:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This addon does not interact with gearswap whatsoever. Your library files may somehow be outdated, though. If you could post the error, that would be helpful.

Edit: You derped.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-07 20:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Burning thru 150 stones in 2 minutes is kind of crazy. Is it safe?
Considering it takes 3 or so seconds to legitimately do one augment, No.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-07 21:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You must have really fat hands w/ major nerve damage because I can do the cycle in ~1 second.
[+]
 Sylph.Matamort
Server: Sylph
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2017-03-09 22:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And IIIIIIIeeeeeIIIIIII will alwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooouuuuuuuu!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-03-11 09:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be too difficult to do something like a command to do something like exporting any augments of the gear currently have into the profiles for faster editing?
Eg trade one pair of herc boots in and you can have maga export that and all other copies herc boots your character owns so that it checks for something better than those too.
Trying to setup something that I own 4~6 pairs of or the prospective augments for and then moving onto all of the other slots seems like it would get tedious really fast.
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-03-11 10:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i install this? Which folder and such? if i put it in the addon folder it just wont work >< Do i have to load it before i can actually start it?
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-11 10:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Put in the add on folder and rename the folder from "maga-master" just to "maga" then you can //lua load maga
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-11 14:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Would it be too difficult to do something like a command to do something like exporting any augments of the gear currently have into the profiles for faster editing?
Eg trade one pair of herc boots in and you can have maga export that and all other copies herc boots your character owns so that it checks for something better than those too.
Trying to setup something that I own 4~6 pairs of or the prospective augments for and then moving onto all of the other slots seems like it would get tedious really fast.

Uh, this is technically possible yes. I have a lot of things I'm working on so I can't guarantee I'll be able to do it any time soon.

If anyone is lua-competent and wants to give it a go, you loop through your inventor(y/ies) to match the item id, on the match you'd access item.extdata:sub(1,13) and pass that to my extdata.decode() function. Return is a table of the items augments.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-11 14:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
You must have really fat hands w/ major nerve damage because I can do the cycle in ~1 second.
Considering the time it takes to actually read the augments, say no, and the small delay for the new ones to appear, I'd say 3 seconds is accurate.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-03-11 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay but like... you don't need to read the augments to continue... so why would that be detectable, and the "small delay" you're talking about is considered by the addon because of how packets work... think before speaking thx...

There's a delay setting anyway.
By hamany9 2017-03-13 02:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So i downloaded the files but not sure where to put them? in gearswap folder or windower addons?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-03-13 02:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

↑ (up four posts)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-03-17 11:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What would a command to set the following augments look like, within a specific set

- Double Attack +4
- Accuracy +30

I'm typing
//maga add "double attack" 4 1
//maga add "Accuracy" 30 1

Is that combining the two augments within 1 specific set?

I ask because even if I exclude the "1" at the end (which I think is the set #) it gives the same return confirmation.

Edit: will have a good laugh at myself if I've just wasted 1000 fern stones, over 3 million gil and my precious silt if I've been doing it wrong ; ;
By Sammeh 2017-03-17 18:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one add 'damage taken' considering its a negative value?

I tried '3' and it kept showing me DT -1. - I edited extdata.lua and see a 'multipler=-1' in there so I'm assuming you're taking a positive to a negative - but ran out of stones. Obvioulsy -1 is numerically > -5.

I then tried -5 thinking it'd get me -4's or -3's - but then got zero augments out of 120ish.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8