Tizona Vs Tanmogayi+1

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Tizona vs Tanmogayi+1
Tizona vs Tanmogayi+1
By hamany9 2017-02-12 02:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's makes Tizona better than Tanmogayi+1, Besides the aftermath which you need to use an inferior ws for wtih 300tp? Tanmogayi+1 has 30 more base damage, 36acc + 4% crit hit rate vs tizona 27+ sword skill.

And when it comes to tizona 300tp aftermath occ attack twice or thrice, Usually when zerging, Capped haste + samurai roll, I see myself spamming cdc every sec, like as soon as my ws animation ends i get 1000 tp and ws again. The only only thing that tizona might have over tanmogayi+1 is the occ attack twice or thrice can proc during ws.

So all in all, For someone who want to improve himself, is Tizona worth it? Will i see significant damage increase?

Keep in mind I'm talking about pure DD perspective, I don't care about the magic acc or convert damage to mp.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-02-12 03:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hamany9 said: »
What's makes Tizona better than Tanmogayi+1, Besides the aftermath which you need to use an inferior ws for wtih 300tp? Tanmogayi+1 has 30 more base damage, 36acc + 4% crit hit rate vs tizona 27+ sword skill.

And when it comes to tizona 300tp aftermath occ attack twice or thrice, Usually when zerging, Capped haste + samurai roll, I see myself spamming cdc every sec, like as soon as my ws animation ends i get 1000 tp and ws again. The only only thing that tizona might have over tanmogayi+1 is the occ attack twice or thrice can proc during ws.

So all in all, For someone who want to improve himself, is Tizona worth it? Will i see significant damage increase?

Keep in mind I'm talking about pure DD perspective, I don't care about the magic acc or convert damage to mp.

Yes. Tizona is overall a superior weapon to Tanmogayi +1 once it is afterglowed. You do get TP very quickly with or without Tizona, but Tizona will get TP faster and will also benefit from TP overflow which will further the crit rate on CDC, and increase damage on Expiacion and Savage Blade. You also normally start fights with 3000 TP and thus gain the benefit of AM3 at the beginning of the fight, re-applying AM3 is also fairly quick as long as you pay attention to your AM3 timer.

If all you care about is the pure damage aspect and care not for the utility of Tizona, then you'd probably be better off making an afterglow Almace while using Sequence (or near perfect Colada) in your offhand.

EDIT: Be sure to check out a spreadsheet and input your own gear into one to see the difference between weapons.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-12 04:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like Tizona for situations where I need more accuracy. It doesn't, itself, lend more accuracy but the aftermath multi-attack shines when you're in high-acc set (largely forgoing multi-attack)

While Chant du Chant du Chant du Chant du Cygne spam is "fun" (heh, it does get old), there are a few fights where you can't SC or CDC isn't so potent.

"See guys, I know other letters than Z."

In more trivial content (helping out, Ambuscade, HTBF), the MP conversion is also nice, even if you 'don't care about it'.

And the sword skill lends some attack and gives back some accuracy (for that hand)
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-02-12 06:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly Expiacion puts out incredible numbers a lot of times I see it bypassing CDC, Tizona is incredibly useful in all areas of game play with what we have as far as content.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-02-12 07:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that you already have Tizona and you want to know if you should AG it? That'd definitely be a yes. But if you have no Super-Weapons you should definitely build an Almace and AG it. You WILL NOT be disappointed with it and it's a much better Main than Tanmo +1. Actually, as far as I can see from looking at the sheets, Almace beats Tizona in head to head DPS. It's not until you have Tizona AND Almace that Tizona starts dominating.

Tizona + Almace
Almace + Sequence
Almace + Good Colada
Tizona + Good Colada
Sequence + Good Colada
Near Perfect Colada + Good Colada
Tanmo +1 + Colada

Strictly DPS, situational issues may apply
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-12 07:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention Tizona will Actually Recover your MP whenever you hit (%)

By having cap armor haste + Cap dual wield + Erratic Flutter + MG + Tizona AM3 I went from 10 MP ~> 130 ~> 197 ~> 244 ETC....... all the way to MAX MP :D

That is a MUST if you use alot of spells (I do use a whole lot of spells or need MP back)

:) That is the major thing about Tizona

Also as Leviathan.Nitenichi Said : Tizona "Expiacion" DMG+30% is a nice add to the incredible DMG It already has, sometimes it by passes CDC (Not often, but it happens) Also opens a whole new Skillchain Options.

Having Following WS for the skillchains:
(Note that I just put the most common ones there are others that the WS can do tho)
*Savage Blade: Light / Frag
*Requistcast: Darkness
*Expiacion: Distortion / Darkness
*CDC : Light

:)

I would say Tizona AG + Almace AG is the best way to go for DD (Sequence is also nice not sure how it calculates yet cuz haven't checked it out)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-12 08:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In ideal situations/on the spreadsheet, it should be no contest.

But practically speaking, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Tanmo+1/Colada BLUs out-parse equally good players wielding some combo of REMA on stuff like T4s/Ambu/etc. The margin isn't so big between REMA and Tanmo+1 that a bit of randomness, bad status, won't skew the parse toward a non-REMA BLU.

Unless you really, really love BLU, I wouldn't approach it with the mindset that it's REMA or bust. With the way acc can be floored after the update, and with BRDs and RDMs coming back into the fold, the BLU army is going to start giving way to Resolution spam soon.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-02-12 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DPS-wise the AM3 is what makes Tizona better. And in low acc situations you can even use AM1 to get a nice acc boost if need be.

But in my opinion where Tizona really shines is for MP recovery. It shapes BLU into a whole different animal, instead of pure DPS, you can cross several job functions with ease. Example would be a group of mostly DDS and no dedicated healer where you'll DD and supply White Winds to keep people afloat.

Have had situations where everyone dies to Marine Mayhem (2000 BC called) and I was left alone on to wrap things up. Sustaining MP with Tizona is no problem as long as you're attacking in these situations. Without Tizona, you may eventually get worn down to the point where a chance Tidal Guillotine will catch you at 50% HP.
By geigei 2017-02-12 10:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Marine Mayhem

2015 called...
By hamany9 2017-02-12 10:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Marine Mayhem

2015 called...

2014 called...
By Boshi 2017-02-12 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
[Expiacion] Also opens a whole new Skillchain Options.

(Note that I just put the most common ones there are others that the WS can do tho)

Blu 101: cdc has distortion.

*random smiley face*
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-02-12 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Marine Mayhem

2015 called...

2014 called...

both wrong, 2-3 weeks ago in SR.
[+]
By hamany9 2017-02-12 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Marine Mayhem

2015 called...

2014 called...

both wrong, 2-3 weeks ago in SR.

Sinster reign is so 2015...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-12 23:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell that to Teodor, it's 2017 and I still don't have capped tights. Not for lack of trying either.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
Server: Asura
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-02-13 00:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Tell that to Teodor, it's 2017 and I still don't have capped tights. Not for lack of trying either.

A max Dampening Tam has been my *** drop lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-13 00:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

A max Dampening Tam has been my *** drop lol.

Same for me and I had two identical Taming Sari's that were DMG:14 DEX:9 STR:9. My main never saw a good witching robe, mule got perfect robe her first run.

However I'd seen several perfect Samnuha Coats and Leyline gloves and a few pairs of perfect Tights on main.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2017-02-13 03:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
[Expiacion] Also opens a whole new Skillchain Options.

Blu 101: cdc has distortion.

*random smiley face*
not only,
Mythic 101: no lv3 properties on mythic WS. Expiacion is Distortion/Scission
Non Aeonic WS: no LV 3 properties either considering the initial hypothesis was Tizona main hand. Requiescat is Gravitation/Scission. need sequence main and Aftermath to gain the third property Darkness
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-02-13 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll leave this here.

Plug in the sets and find out, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a condition in which Tanmo +1 wins with similar buffs and gear.

Another important thing to consider with OAX is it's a separate calculation from trait/gear multi-attack. If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong, the priority of checks is QA>TA>DA>OAX. Again, this provides for over-tp on rounds, resulting in higher crit. rate on CDC and dmg on expiacion. The OAX provides for an additional check to multi-attack both during tp and ws, resulting in higher white dmg and avg ws dmg.
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-02-13 15:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Marine Mayhem

I read this and mistakenly was thinking Mayhem Lantern...because it's always fun to smack your friends in the face.