Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - February 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - February 2017
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-12 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm Shiva's Sleepga land easily (with a Pet MACC set) on adds without Languor but it starts to miss after 3~4 uses.
Volt Strike does 15~20k dmg on boss with Idris BoG/EA Frailty and Dia II which is surprisingly low, I wonder if it has PDT- or a resistance against geo debuffs. Croctastrophe is physical while Galumph and the Bind AoE attack are earth based.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-02-13 20:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Our findings on D using a pure mage strategy:

BLM Velkk takes very poor magic damage. (like <200 damage magic bursts)
2x Melee Velkks takes very good magic damage.
Main Velkk takes good damage but levels up if >25k damage

We found out the BLM elemental resist thing accidentally as we were trying only melee setups and then all mage setups. We did PLD WHM BLM BLM SCH GEO.

Sleep lands easily initially for the first 3-4 casts. We opened with ES Sleepga 2 and killed 2 links before it wore. The cool thing with mage only setup is that one skillchain instantly kills the two melee velks with the magic bursts, essentially killing 2 mobs in <45 seconds.

After killing 2 of the links, we then killed the main boss (while sleeping the BLM, and if it starts resisting, we used ES). With malaise, tier 3's were at the border of 25k. In retrospect, Focus/Languor is a better set to use and then use Tier III's and IV nukes.

After the main is dead, we killed the BLM last with melee PLD using Frailty/Fury/Haste.

There's a lot of optimizing to do, but that's what we've observed so far. Will stop back in when we get more strats.
[+]
 Asura.Keisu
Server: Asura
user: CyrCyr
By Asura.Keisu 2017-02-13 23:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing BLM first stops the levelups, even if you do 25k+, afaik.
 Asura.Frootz
user: Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2017-02-14 00:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it, we kill BLM 1st every run and i just saw Boss lvl up.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-02-14 01:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did D mode today with PLD/Blu(Burtgang) Blm SCH(me) SMN WHM GEO- Did first run in 12mins and got it down to around 8-10mins

Pld pulls all. SCH silences blm and then mega boss. then put a good helix on the boss (was doing 10k-13k Ice or Fire worked well- I suggest Focus and languor as with out it, helix was only doing 5k also make sure to dispel shell before you apply) Put Helixes on babies as well(3-5k).

After just Mburst Mega boss with tier 3-4s while free nuking 5-6s when gems are down. Smn helps DPS mega boss

After mega boss is killed SMN focuses Ramuh on the blm add while we finish off the other adds...

With helixs after the Mega boss was dead the babies were around 30-40%hp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-02-14 05:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Did D mode today with PLD/Blu(Burtgang) Blm SCH(me) SMN WHM GEO- Did first run in 12mins and got it down to around 8-10mins

Pld pulls all. SCH silences blm and then mega boss. then put a good helix on the boss (was doing 10k-13k Ice or Fire worked well- I suggest Focus and languor as with out it, helix was only doing 5k also make sure to dispel shell before you apply) Put Helixes on babies as well(3-5k).

After just Mburst Mega boss with tier 3-4s while free nuking 5-6s when gems are down. Smn helps DPS mega boss

After mega boss is killed SMN focuses Ramuh on the blm add while we finish off the other adds...

With helixs after the Mega boss was dead the babies were around 30-40%hp.
Hey nickeny glad to see it worked out last night :).

Group i was with last night was PLD/BLU BLM(me) SCH GEO COR WHM

SCH silenced BLM and then put helix on main boss then we worked down boss. during this time COR worked on blm add so by time boss was dead so was blm add shortly after. then proceeded to just kill the other melee Velkk adds.

also seems BLM add gains death if main boss levels up.
[+]
 Asura.Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2017-02-14 07:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

V1 D: didn't try VD yet

PLD GEO WHM COR & 2x RNG

PLD pulls all, Kill BLM 1st it only takes a couple seconds, then kill both PLD adds and Boss Last. Fight is like 5mins~ish
[+]
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-14 09:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frootz said: »

PLD GEO WHM COR & 2x RNG

PLD pulls all, Kill BLM 1st it only takes a couple seconds, then kill both PLD adds and Boss Last. Fight is like 5mins~ish

Thats a good strategy for D , but the aoe piss me off...

I like pld rdm (geo or brd) whm ddx2 VD
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-14 10:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »

PLD GEO WHM COR & 2x RNG

Croctastrophe always seems to go off for some obscene amounts (Aegis pld taking 3900) when we go for VD, killing the BLM and leaving the other 2 until after.
 Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2017-02-14 10:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Asura.Yankke said: »

PLD GEO WHM COR & 2x RNG

Croctastrophe always seems to go off for some obscene amounts (Aegis pld taking 3900) when we go for VD, killing the BLM and leaving the other 2 until after.

Indi-wilt
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-02-14 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
Hey nickeny glad to see it worked out last night :).

Yeah Thanks for the help on it... We used a cor first run be he couldn't land any range attacks and we ended timing out... dropped him and got a SMN and it worked fine... If our mythic cor is on tonight we will try again..
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-02-14 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Following up our previous post on D and using Nickney's helix strat (trying to figure out a good VD strategy) we adjusted to this:

BLM SCH RUN RNG WHM GEO

1. ES Sleepga 2
2. BoG Malaise/Focus/Languor(Entrust) -> SCH Frag -> SCH Ebullience Helix 2 (20k helix on main with Gambit/Rayke)
3. Melee #1 SCH Fusion-> Fire VI Magic Burst-> Trueflight-> BLM+GEO+SCH burst -> Mob dead
4. Melee #2 SCH Fusion-> Fire VI Magic Burst-> Trueflight-> BLM+GEO+SCH burst-> Mob dead
5. Change bubbles-> EA Frailty/Fury-> RNG goes all out on BLM (Dead in ~30 seconds)
6. Kill main, should be at ~60% from helix damage. Reapply helix and then free nukes and free WS from RNG. Try not to skillchain as skillchains >25k will result in level ups. We're still experimenting with different types of buffs here. Thinking about reapplying the helix with mage bubbles and then switching it off to a Wilt.

(Make sure that the mobs are well dispelled before doing any of the skillchains)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-14 15:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

no need for ebullience on the helix, it caps at 10k per toc
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-14 16:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how Familiars and Automatons are performing there but Volt Strike still does 15~20k on the Regent (VD) with Beast Roll, Dia IV, Box Step and BoG/EA Frailty instead of the usual minimum of 40k, other physical BPs are also subpar (8k Spinning Dive etc). Shield Bash and Weapon Skills do normal damage so it can't be a PDT- trait, blunt resistance or Frailty nerf.
We have no problem to win but this is very weird, I wonder if the boss could be resistant against a "pet damage" category...
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 16:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I don't know how Familiars and Automatons are performing there but Volt Strike still does 15~20k on the Regent (VD) with Beast Roll, Dia IV, Box Step and BoG/EA Frailty instead of the usual minimum of 40k, other physical BPs are also subpar (8k Spinning Dive etc). Shield Bash and Weapon Skills do normal damage so it can't be a PDT- trait, blunt resistance or Frailty nerf.
We have no problem to win but this is very weird, I wonder if the boss could be resistant against a "pet damage" category...
Don't think the game has a way to really see pet dmg specifically. Maybe Galumph is nuking att down really low and buffed melees can overcome it?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-02-14 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you have something there with the pet resist theory (or if not actual "pet resist", something about pets that is particularly badly suited to this month's intense)

I hopped in on VE as PUP with a friend just to get the RoE seal and see the fight. Sent puppet to the big croc, popped Overdrive and we stood safely back expecting the puppet to just kill it. Turned out the puppet did really poor damage, worse than I would have expected. I'm sure I wasn't using a 100% optimal Overdrive setup, but I have good pet DD gear, full JP, used strong Overdrive/DD attachments, and even used Kenkonken AM3 to give the puppet OA2-3x. We ended up just meleeing it down with my PUP and friend's DNC, without much issue due to VE having no adds to worry about. But it was interesting.

For comparison, roughly same puppet setup for last month's Intense would easily kill the main Lamia with plenty of time to spare on Overdrive.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-14 17:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Galumph is a -25% Atk down but Ramuh resist it and I always verify with /checkparam anyway.
HTB avatars can sense BPs/ready moves (white proc) and I think there is a dev post speaking about the different damage categories in the game including a "pet" one. Of course I searched everywhere on the official forum and can't find it...
This sounds hard to believe since to my knowledge no enemy in the game until now resists "pet damage" but honestly I can't say I would be surprised. SMN and PUP were very strong on the Soulflayer and Lamias, before this patch I had the feeling it wouldn't be the case for the next ambuscade.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-14 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

dev post speaking about the different damage categories in the game including a "pet" one.

Quote:
Inundated by how Inundation works?

I’ve seen data based on player testing, and I can verify that the 1.2x increase per weapon type used in the skillchain is indeed accurate. Including pets, there are 15 total types of weapons, which means that the maximum value that can be reached with Inundation is a 12.8x increase.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49533-Inundation?p=588825#post588825
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 18:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it wasn't talking so much as a dmg type as counting as a weapon type. Though when I tried it on N didn't notice anything too weird with dmg with autos but wasn't paying too close attention could try again though. Could also be some kind of distance thing?
 Asura.Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2017-02-14 18:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

V1 D: Sometimes his AoE still hits when im /NiN but i never die and most of the times Utsusemi Absorbs the DMG, it makes a big difference compared to when i see other Range Jobs /WAR and get 1 shotted from time to time.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-02-14 20:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
no need for ebullience on the helix, it caps at 10k per toc

Oh nice to know, helixs didn't do that much before I took my break! Thanks!
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 21:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So tried out ODing a few things with beast roll and dia II. Note turtle is only on D since I didn't think I was capped pdif on VD and I was dumb on Kyou and forgot to switch my water maneuver to thunder for OD so missing like 15 dex and Regent is only on Normal. AS chosen because only ranged auto ws without tp varies with dmg and has a nice attack bonus. Oh and if anyone was wondering the 2 masters are almost identical except slightly more racc on Drille's master but it doesn't swap weapons so 2 less dex per thunder maneuver

Doesn't seem like an anti pet dmg thing at least on N or it has a corresponding weakness to ranged/peircing
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-15 13:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested Volt Strike in the other difficulty modes with BoG/EA Frailty (Idris), Dia IV, Beast Roll and Angon.
Normal : 42k.
Difficult : 42k
VD : 42k, 30k without Angon, <20k without Angon/Dia IV/Beast Roll

I'm very used to cap pdif with only BoG/EA Frailty + Dia II/IV, Frailty could be slightly nerfed (only for this fight, just like it is for some Master Trials) or the boss has an absurd defense.
By Verda 2017-02-15 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't it be like how in BCNM's some mobs take a lot less damage even when pdif is capped? Level cap status applies to ambu? If not did you try pred claws? Maybe they're just blunt resist?
By clearlyamule 2017-02-15 14:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Couldn't it be like how in BCNM's mobs take a lot less damage even when pdif is capped? Level cap status applies to ambu?
Could be wrong but 42k sounds around normal for volt strike and the huge dmg decrease with angon loss kind of proves pdif wasn't capped.

I'd agree with Papesse either there is some ridiculously absurd def or we aren't getting nearly as much def down as we should be.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-15 14:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The level correction system isn't applied in Ambuscade.
By Verda 2017-02-15 15:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
By Kahldan 2017-02-21 10:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The setups that use cor and rng - is it all ranged tping? Or are you guys meleeing? If it's all ranged tp, does the aoe still hit when you're standing out of melee range?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-02-21 10:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu d mode:

Blu blu rdm/sch geo/whm brd/whm pld

Pld pulls

Rdm Silence blm

Blus kill blm

Rdm sleep2+manf the babies

Kill mega boss

Kill babies...

Fastest run - 4min with us normally doing 6-7mins

Notes

I would put 11min regen5 and aquaveil on my sch switch to whm and put on shell&pro baramnisia and barstone before going in on rdm...

Also if the geo and brd don't help curaga2 then you would need to whm instead of rdm and have geo sleep...
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-21 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot of statuses in close. I think the AoE is 25'.