Win A Free Blurred Knife +1

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Win a free Blurred Knife +1
Win a free Blurred Knife +1
By trinironnie 2016-09-25 06:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always had a thing for COR but with CHR I always thought i didn't have the space. When a alt was acquired I leveled and geared it asap. So far I'm in love with COR, I bug a lot of people on advice on gear, and how to play the job to the best of my ability. I love it so much i might start a mythic on it...and its not even my main lol! Which doesn't have a mythic on it :-/. If you ever see me around i'm on Asura name is Vyrr
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-09-26 13:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

COR : Disko
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-26 13:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, you seriously gave Chu some money. >< Now we'll never stop seeing repeated /yells about being broke and homeless.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-26 13:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silversean said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Silversean said: »
I didn't do it but Fledaquality on Asura spent around two hours with me figuring out COR and SCH skillchains. We figured out that SCH and COR can double darkness, which is cool.
Distortion + LS + WF?

Yup.
Distortion > Omniscienece/Shattershoul > Wildfire works too
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-26 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Huh, I remember you used to post on allakhazam job forum a lot isn't it? The job got a lot more popular these days since all that leaden OPness. I got a couple of people told me they are interested in gearing cor and make dp after seeing it's dps.

Haha yep, I did visit Alla back in the old days and talk COR. I recall lots of gun discussion of the "big 3" endgame guns circa 2006-07. Martial for QD/WS focus if COR/NIN meleeing for TP (Joyeuse or Mercurial Kris, go!), Peacemaker for pulling, Coffinmaker for well rounded full-ranged COR/RNG shooting. Also lots of vitriol (from me at least) for "JP style" COR/mage refusing to DD on the job XD

Also, there was the time of VW when Wildfire COR was pretty OP and I really enjoyed having a 90 Armageddon (which is still 90, but hey... maybe one day I'll afterglow the thing if I get bored enough just to say I completed a final stage empy to go with my relic katana and mythic PUP h2h). And that's aside from stuff like flux-locking strong buffs... And of course Abyssea brew god.

I still keep my COR geared well in general, but I'm not in love with it enough any more to make a mythic for it or anything, and I haven't gotten around to getting lots of CP on it yet (even though I know COR is a CP beast). Now I keep my COR around as a possible job when when I can't use my PUP (our LS tank for a large percentage of stuff), or my preferred melee DDs (NIN BLU), or my alt's BLM/SCH/WHM.

But yeah, totally aware of the absurd Leaden power in a lot of situations! Anyway, I do still have a little of the pirate soul in me, and best of luck to all ye mateys after the blurred+1.
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-09-27 18:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

COR : Disko

In the true spirit of a pirate, you stole the money back though, right?
[+]
By Chaltor 2016-09-28 17:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a leathercrafter in the 75 era, I made +1 dusk hands/feet for myself. I loved having dusk gloves+1/speed belt with a joyeuse for puk merit parties. Pulling, sleeping, and gaining tp so fast I was often the top DD! Some of those merit parties were the most fun I'd have playing Corsair. I still love Corsair, only difference currently are my macros.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-30 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At some point tonight(late est) I will pick the winner so get any entries in today!
By Taffy 2016-09-30 13:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This one time, at Cor camp, I stuck my gun in a place I shouldn't have...

Seriously though, best thing I've ever done as Cor would definitely be accidentally healing the gnole in this monrth ambuscade by 50k+ closing Darkness! Noob alert
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-30 18:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Haha yep, I did visit Alla back in the old days and talk COR. I recall lots of gun discussion of the "big 3" endgame guns circa 2006-07. Martial for QD/WS focus if COR/NIN meleeing for TP (Joyeuse or Mercurial Kris, go!), Peacemaker for pulling, Coffinmaker for well rounded full-ranged COR/RNG shooting. Also lots of vitriol (from me at least) for "JP style" COR/mage refusing to DD on the job XD

Speaking of Nostalgia, decided to post some old 2010 COR SS in an attempt to win at least discount on Chiaia's signed Blurred +1 ;/

Salvage:

More Salvage:

Got Veuglaire and decided to make a QD SS:

Did Mythic 3 king NM with LS for my dp, at that time we needed an alliance to win this!

It was quite a lonnng way to get there!

First AV that I've done!

First PW!

Back then when 3k WS was epeen enough to make a lol cellphone SS - -, back then I would never imagine 6 years later this job can pop 99999 WSs here and there.

This is when VW was just out!

Back then WF really hit much harder than other WSs

I made a SS when I finished 99 arma back in 2012

Just like everyone else, I made a mythic SS after it's done. I believe it was the first NA dp on my server unless someone else finished before me(idk anyone who did)

Blurred +1 can I has ;/ or anyone wanna sell it to me ;/ Needddddd 2 +1s!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-30 20:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice post Afania! I sent you a PM :)

Anyway one last bump before I pick a winner in a few hours! Good luck everyone.
[+]
By Zyx1337 2016-09-30 23:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bumping this because I just bought a blurred axe +1 from Chiaia, gave me a good deal. Glad to see someone giving back to the community GL all! ^^
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-30 23:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Winner is Chaltor. Everything checked out!
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-01 00:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
The Winner is Chaltor. But I still need to find out server.name to do my checks because that account its linked to(Shiva.Chaltor) hasn't had any AH history in over 6 years!

unless he changed servers yea he has not played in awhile lol.
By Capsules 2016-10-01 01:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why couldn't Plowyousohard win!? It's because I'm white huh!!!
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-10-01 04:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations Chaltor !
By Chaltor 2016-10-01 21:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to watch you with my camera until I get my knife!

Awesome knife, now I stab you!

Jimothy misses the Chiaia.

I'll just take another picture.

Big thanks to Chiaia, I thought this was a great way to excite the community. This knife is a great addition to my arsenal!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-01 22:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, this is the COR forums, Jimothy is just going to use that dagger for his RDM.
By Afania 2016-10-01 22:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Man, this is the COR forums, Jimothy is just going to use that dagger for his RDM.

RDM has melee REMA though, why'd they need a lol AH dagger =S
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2016-10-14 03:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually got leaden salute and already 500JP - fun to play Job :) Very rarely looked after...but w/e. Guess i am a lil to late for the Knife ;)

But you should know that YOU made me want to play COR - we had a cp party when you got Master and your performance was ..well, stunning to say the least. I strife to be the same or come as close as i can. I'm on a good way since partys are impressed like i was when i had a party with you.

Just letting you knoww this way.
[+]