Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Murgleis Build for Rdm/Nin or Rdm/Dnc
Murgleis Build for Rdm/Nin or Rdm/Dnc
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-15 14:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. This is a question from a friend in game that is looking for a solid build for Murgleis with Rdm/Nin or Rdm/Dnc (Dual Wield). Just any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
 Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jigoku 2016-10-08 03:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

main="Murgleis",
sub={ name="Colada", augments={'"Store TP"+5','DEX+15','Accuracy+25','DMG:+20',}}, head="Carmine Mask +1", (path B)
ammo="Ginsen",

body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Triple Atk."+2','DEX+10',}},
hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Triple Atk."+2','DEX+7','STR+7'}},
legs="Carmine cuisses +1", (path D)
feet="Carmine Greaves +1", (path B)
neck="Combatant's Torque",
waist="Windbuffet belt +1",
left_ear="Suppanomimi",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Rajas Ring",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Store TP+10',}},}

this would be for rdm/nin. I wouldnt do /dnc because you will lack 10%DW and can never get a good hit build. With enough enhancing skill to hit 30% TA from temper 2 you have a theoretical ~3 hit build, with AM3 it be a 2 hit.
 Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2016-10-08 05:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Chironic augmented Would be better that taeon.
 Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jigoku 2016-10-08 06:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

better...
if ist better to be below haste cap... yes. ist easyer to see swords swinginging with less haste. if its better to have lower dDEX/crit, yes. if ist better to have less str, yes. cant follow that logic, but if ist about dark matter Augments... sure, you can get a bit more att/acc and if you're super lucky and rich... maybe together with QA... but still getting dDEX to max crit rate is more the logic i'd follow... and with compousure up this set brings rdm to about 1260 acc. since last update the only Thing that made me use acc Food was unity Sovereign Behemoth. bright me up.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-13 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jigoku said: »
better...
if ist better to be below haste cap... yes. ist easyer to see swords swinginging with less haste. if its better to have lower dDEX/crit, yes. if ist better to have less str, yes. cant follow that logic, but if ist about dark matter Augments... sure, you can get a bit more att/acc and if you're super lucky and rich... maybe together with QA... but still getting dDEX to max crit rate is more the logic i'd follow... and with compousure up this set brings rdm to about 1260 acc. since last update the only Thing that made me use acc Food was unity Sovereign Behemoth. bright me up.

Someone translate this please.
By Boshi 2016-12-13 10:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Odin.Jigoku said: »
better...

Someone translate this please.

Translation: Chironic sucks because at it's base set it's gear for mages while taeon & carmine (& despair) at their base set are gear for light DD.
The issue is in lacking haste and base DEX. Also chironic gives DA instead of TA, which is not lit for rdm.

anyways:
/nin onry, /dnc is for scrubs or lazy ja self sneak/invis
need +11dw to cap if you have capped magic haste, need +31 if you're only using haste2.

Offhand should be something like almace269>perfect colada>sequence>colada.
If ***is weak enough where mobs die in under 2 ws then offhand is blurred dagger+1 > demers degen+1 > demers degen > xiuleto > blurred sword +1
This being said: remember murgleis is piercing, if something is piercing weak this makes blurred dagger/demers win offhand no matter what. If something is piercing-resistant you wouldn't use murgleis. Mandau will still win for bis for piercing weak but this puts murgleis in an interesting spot. it's nice for Caturae it can cover piercing and still drop requiscat.

Taeon for tp str/dex or dex, acc/att, ta+2. need to figure out how you're capping dw.
Carmine legs/feet are great tp pieces then head also for acc max only. Common setups are carmine legs + suppo to cap +11dw. If you don't need the acc however taeon legs, kirin belt + eabani is BIS for tp (omgggg no white box). With murgleis Jhakri legs might be an option in that slot too depending on buffs.

Usual light DD neck / ear stuff, just look up other jobs. Ginsen ammo. If you dont need belt windbuffet. Ring combo hetaroi/petrov. Obvious capes go stp for tp.

CDC set taeon critD/critrate/aa, greaves from escha sky lottery nm. Ring hetaroi/begrudging, maybe ramuh over hetaroi depending, new dex10/att25 ring will replace here. Mache ear / moonshade, but there's a new ear that will replace. ammo yetshila.

Savage/blossom, accesories all same as blu, jhakri 5/5 wins. For blossom replace ifrit+1 with the escha sky mnd/str ring.

Requiscat: literally exactly the same piece by piece as blu Set just no epona ring -> lev+1. With murgleis AM3 jhakri legs will probably beat perfect telchine, and you can make chironic -feet onry- taup stone that would win.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-12-13 10:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say no to Chironic hands and body as they are short 3haste haste compared to taeon hands body. You can use Chironic bod with 5 dw and acc over taeon but you cant really utilize chironic hands unless you wanna sacrifice other slots for haste. My capped magic haste set
ammo="Ginsen",
head="Taeon Chapeau", 2triple 18acc/att 4dex
body="Chironic Doublet", 5dw decent acc 20
hands="Taeon Gloves", 2 triple 20att/acc 3 str dex
legs="Carmine Cuisses +1", Path D
feet="Carmine Greaves +1", Path B
neck="Ainia Collar",
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
ear1="Dedition Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
ring1="Hetairoi Ring",
ring2="Petrov Ring",
back={ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10',}}}
Not best augs but good enough when i hop on rdm. Uncapped haste i'll drop dedition for suppa and Windbuffet for Reiki Yotai and i think carmine boots for my old taeon boots 4 dw boots (27 dw with haste 2 still need 4 more according to ffcalc) . Better option would for me to make a 8 dw cape and keep carmine boots on but meh next time
By Boshi 2016-12-13 10:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

could just use taeon body dw5 for same effect with more acc+att
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-12-13 10:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh no more skirmish plz but ya thats true think i had a chironic bod for like ever in inv and just wanted to give it a purpose at the time.