Forum » FFXI » Escha » Treasure Hunter in Escha-Zones
Treasure Hunter in Escha-Zones
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-08-16 02:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a very long discussion about job balance and stuff with a LS-mate yesterday evening. We were also talking about how SE nerfed THF, since a lot of endgame events have strange reward mechanics, where TH is useless (SR, Ambuscade, Unity,...).

He was also claiming, that TH has no effect in Escha zones.
Does anyone have experience with this?
Since most NM drop have one guaranteed slot, TH doesn't do much for those NMs, but i could imagine that it increases the probability of a second gear drop.
Unfortunately FFXIDB's sample size is very low for escha zones so its not very useful.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-08-16 02:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's anecdotal, but the only time I've ever seen double (merlinic body is what comes to mind, but really any equipment) drops was with a thief.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-16 02:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it affects every mob although the bulk of escha NMs have 1 guaranteed drop. The second drop, which I think TH affects, is rare and thus it's hard to eyeball the affects of Treasure Hunter because of variance. Other mobs, like warders, arch angels, etc. don't have this mechanic and the effect of TH is very evident.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-16 03:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Every Escha NM has a 100% drop slot. And then TH is going to effect if there's a 2nd drop slot. I have maybe a 20-30% chance at a 2nd drop slot while grinding things out.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-08-16 03:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Every Escha NM has a 100% drop slot.

Pretty sure Escha AAs don't.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-16 04:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »
Every Escha NM has a 100% drop slot.

Pretty sure Escha AAs don't.

Yeah but no one cares about those ones.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-16 08:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Double drop varies highly with tier. I would never farm a t3 for gear without a thf. On t1/t2 doubles are rare enough i dont bother.
By Verda 2016-08-16 17:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The other thing is there's a TH blessing in Escha, but it's really low level and not always active depending how often your server does domain invasion. If you want more double drops you need to put more TH on. A lot of people will say I got double drops without THF, or a THF was there and I didn't get a double drop, thus THF = useless... except that is combining two huge flaws in thinking, anecdotal evidence from logic, and low sample size from statistics. In short they're incredibly wrong, TH does effect the number of double drops you get, a higher tier of TH = more double drops in the long run. To see that you need a large sample size (i.e. anecdotal evidence is always bad ex. I buy my first ever lotto ticket, I win 200 million, thus I can conclude winning the lotto is easy and everyone should be rich because by my anecdotal evidence it was easy).

TH doesn't effect coffers, or turn ins. It does affect vagary, escha, all traditional field nms unless it's something with a fixed slot that is 100% drop rate like defending ring, dynamis, salvage, and well most the game. It even seems to affect BCNM drops that don't have coffers.

THF used to have lots of ways to make gil, opening chests, mugging gil, despoil/steal, gilfinder, higher drop rates on mats, etc. Some of those are still true, like higher drop rates on mats, but people always didn't like it when their THF was only brought for TH and they weren't considered a good DD. Slowly SE reworked THF to be a very strong DD, and now things like mug and despoil and steal have other uses in combat rather than used for gil generation, many places TH could work were also removed. I think they've done a fair job of considering the balance that way and making more endgame thf happy they can take the job to events (I did intense VD ambuscade on thf, works amazing).
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-16 17:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Double drop varies highly with tier. I would never farm a t3 for gear without a thf. On t1/t2 doubles are rare enough i dont bother.

I see double drops at a fair rate no matter the tier. You may not see it as often as accessories and abjurations won't drop if everyone in party has those items, so you won't see as many double drops when farming frequently.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-08-16 18:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Luck vorseal do anything for drop rate either self pool or community or just rate of something else? I forget i have no luck in game.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-16 18:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience only personal loot, but damn at 9/9 and 10/10 those +2's roll in.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-08-16 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Does Luck vorseal do anything for drop rate either self pool or community or just rate of something else? I forget i have no luck in game.
Luck just reduces the portal cost and the bead yield from NMs. You get 1 bead per Luck vorseal.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-16 19:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In my very very personal and biased experience, the TH bonus from Blessings is HUGE, just like the "Rare enemy+" blessing too is a huge boost as well (like Byrth reported in other, older threads).

I went from 40/50% drop rate on Vulcanite Ore from T3 in Zi'tah with Blessing up (around 20 pops) to 2/13 Vulcanite Ores with Blessing down.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-16 19:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In my very very personal and biased experience, the TH bonus from Blessings is HUGE, just like the "Rare enemy+" blessing too is a huge boost as well (like Byrth reported in other, older threads).

I went from 40/50% drop rate on Vulcanite Ore from T3 in Zi'tah with Blessing up (around 20 pops) to 2/13 Vulcanite Ores with Blessing down.

Hi, THF here. Vulcanite Ore isn't 100% from Zitah t3?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-17 07:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Hi, THF here. Vulcanite Ore isn't 100% from Zitah t3?
No, BG report it as 40% drop rate, which fits the drop rate (40/50%) I experienced in the ~20 pops with Blessing up.
When blessing was down we went with 2 ores in more than 13 pops (think it was 15 to be honest, but rounded it down to 13)

Both times I had no other form of TH.

I mean the sample is very low, I don't claim it has any mathematical or statistical evidence.
At the same time though I remember reports from Byrth (and other people, myself included) who said the "Rare Enemy" blessing was quite a noticeable boost, much higher than a single level of the Vorseal.
So with the premise of that being right, I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to all other blessings, TH one included, and the bonus was higher than people expected it to be.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-17 07:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird. After last patch when Vulcanites went to 2mil me and my friends went in and killed behemoth a few times and got a vulcanite every single time. I legit wasn't aware it didn't drop all the time. Though it makes sense as Eschite isn't 100% from ru'aun t3's.