SKC20 Bcnm Very Difficult Solo Strats?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » SKC20 bcnm very difficult solo strats?
SKC20 bcnm very difficult solo strats?
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-05-27 09:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious if anyone has solo'd any of these on VD (I don't care if you use trusts or not)?

For pretty much all of them on D or lower I go as BLU summon August, Ulmia, Joachim, Qutada, and Apururu. Buff, run in dream flower pick them off 1 by 1. Easy peasy.

Last night I tried amphibian assault on VD and this does not seem like a viable strategy at all since they don't sleep, and then they picked my trusts apart one at a time.

So I'm basically wondering what some viable strategies might be? I have a number of jobs available, I thought perhaps just trying the super tank strat with trusts, although the reliability of them cure bombing me can be suspect.

Does ES+sleega II stick reliably?
By Verda 2016-05-27 09:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd most of them on VD as THF. You run in with full 50% PDT and make as much of that DT as you can for spells, and switch target one by one until the August has provoked all them. Take out any heavy hitting mages first, leave PLD and WHM for next to last, and if there's a MNK or SMN make sure you do him very very last because both their 1 hours can wreck you if you aren't careful. I don't know if BLU will pull hate off august or not, I know THF trick attack helps THF in that way.

My trusts were usually August, Ulmia, Yoran-Oran, Koru-Moru or Arciela I (She has an aoe healing tp move but only haste 2 or refreshes you), and either Qultada Nashmiera II or Selh'teus and sometimes I use Amchuchu or Gessho as a backup tank instead for the last slot.

I've also done some on VD as SMN, but without 1 hours up it's much slower. If you survive getting the tank to voke/flash them, their damage is something august can take. Iirc I went THF/NIN.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-05-27 11:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How does THF evasion hold up against VD?
By Verda 2016-05-27 11:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you geared and buffed for it well, but they were hitting me pretty much all the time, I was in DT sets. 30 evasion can be a difference of capped hit rate to 60% hit rate, so it changes pretty fast if you get to the right level of evasion but no I wasn't evading much if anything.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [117 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-09-21 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to do Amphibian Assault solo with around 1500 jp on NIN/WAR (can probably be done with less)

trusts: August, Apururu, Koru-Moru, Joachim, Ulmia

Pop Yonin, order: BRD > DRG (+Wyvern) > WHM > MNK

I originally tried NIN/DNC evasion tanking and timed out (not helping hundred fists finished off August) so I switched to /war and DD gear instead of evasion gear (the uskane set from ambuscade has a ton, but they still had like 95% hitrate)

Wasn't too bad, will be casting shadows a lot until wyvern is dead. (at which point I switch to Innin and start using Berserk). Small bit a luck involved with when shadows wipe what they do and if you or mages are stunned. Just supertank the ones you're not engaged with and they won't touch the trusts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-12-01 08:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case anyone else find this and is interested:

I did the Sahagin and Gigas ones on NIN/WAR with the strat above (use Yain/Innin on the BST to make sure he tries to charm August).

The rest I did on BLU mastered, I got Macc and Acc job trait bonuses, use Erratic Flutter, Occulatation, Barrier Tusk & Magic Barrier to mitgate damage (and occasionally Sudden Lunge, particularly during hundred fists or if -ga spells go off) ate Pear crepes and with decent Macc set I could sleep them with Dream Flower fairly reliably.

Trusts: August, Apururu, Joachim, Ulmia, Qultada

Generically do BLM first, RNG, SMN, NIN last

I was able to solo all the SKC20 battles this way except Divine Punishers, bring RR incase you die, you can beat all of them wiping once, the Chapter 5 fights have 6 mobs though so more than 1 death you'll probably time out. (which was my problem on Divine Punishers, I'm just using Colada/Iris with REMA can probably go much faster)

Eventually you'll have trusts run out of mp or die from AoE (or pulling hate from cure bombing or w/e), there's a bit of luck involved but I was able to beat most in 3 tries or less with this strat. (I'm sure Divine Punishers is possible, but it takes some luck in not dying early (normally I could kill 2-3 mobs before something bad happened) or surviving mijin Gakure, also depends when the WHM bene's (if it 80% much easier than at 20%) )