Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » RIP Bestienmeister
RIP Bestienmeister
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-05-19 22:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out today from LS that Bestienmeister passed away within the last day or so. Wanted to make a post for those who knew him and dont play anymore. I am not sure on the details. I heard it was an accident. Anyway, was a really cool guy. Condolences to the family. RIP
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-19 23:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow .. I got him Vagary clears the other week. He asked pretty nicely and I got him in on SMN. He wasn't sure what to do so he just followed what my dad (quilly) did. He was thankful for the clears and wanted to come more in the future. I've seen him around a few years, but never got to know him personally. RIP Bestienmeister.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-20 00:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is some really sad news. Did not know the guy, but really hate to hear about players passing. So fragile life is, lesson we can learn...
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2016-05-20 00:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember him! Omg, I am so sorry. All my respect to his friends and family, especially his son, Hayai I believe? May he rest in peace.

XxX
Vaness
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-20 01:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Found out today from LS that Bestienmeister passed away within the last day or so. Wanted to make a post for those who knew him and dont play anymore. I am not sure on the details. I heard it was an accident. Anyway, was a really cool guy. Condolences to the family. RIP

I never knew him and never been on Cerberus server but this is so sad to read that a member of the ffxi community has passed away. So sorry for the loss of your friend/comrade in arms. Thoughts and prayers for his family, and friends. May he RIP.
By Tylaar 2016-05-20 03:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Such sad news :( Will miss you Bestienmeister, always such a nice guy to chat to, RIP.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-20 06:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bestienmeister cared more about getting me stuff than himself. I'm sure he was like that to other people as well. RIP man :(
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-20 09:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bestien passed away from a tragic motorcycle accident just mere hours after I had talked with him about various things. He was slowly getting back into the swing of things after having taken a bit of a break from the game. His brother Pegleg is also in the LS but has understandably been afk ever since the accident.

I'm so shocked about the news that I'm still having a very difficult time processing it. We had just come up with a game plan to bring his BST up to end game standards in order for him to be involved more.

For those who don't know, Bestien was old school and had been on Cerberus from the beginning. He founded the very first all-BST community also by the same name. It was the first of its kind and nothing like it had ever been thought of back then because BST wasn't exactly a main-stream job.

He was a friendly and sometimes quiet introvert who amassed an impressive collection of relic weapons (even by today's standards). He was always eager to be involved and help others as much as he can. Even after coming back to the game recently with outdated gear, he still wanted to be useful and help out whenever possible.

Thank you Bestien for making our community a much better place. You're already missed and things wont be the same without our BST Galka running around.

:(
[+]
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-05-20 09:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Bestienmeister
 Cerberus.Kerlle
user: Kerlle
By Cerberus.Kerlle 2016-05-20 13:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First meet Bestienmeister when I was in a competing PET shell “FunWithJugs”.
Then I found myself in the same shell as him “Synergy”.
Was a cool dude way back then, was a cool dude when doing the latest Ambuscade runs.
You’re going to be missed man.
Apologies and hearts go out to you and your family.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 14:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

:(

I remember getting the linkpearl from him so many years back. Dicking around with other BSTs was what kept me glued to the game for so long. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing lol but he made an impact on my life that way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2016-05-21 14:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god. How devastating.
Had an LS member die during my play time. It's hard to swallow.

I'll never forget Bestienmeister as the man who took a job to 75 without a subjob. He was the first to do it, as far as I knew.

Condolences, and RIP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-21 14:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Bestienmeister! :'(
By Riibob 2016-05-21 15:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bestienmeister was always super friendly online and such a joy when doing things. He was incredibly kind and always offered help and advice when asked. He will be missed without a doubt.

Rest in Peace man
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-06-04 00:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you who can please go and help with the funeral costs. It will mean alot to his family. Any thing will help. Thank you all for the love and support.

https://www.gofundme.com/27t2bvg
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-06-04 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bumping this because i posted it very late at night and not sure if anyone has seen it.

Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
For those of you who can please go and help with the funeral costs. It will mean a lot to his family. Any thing will help. Thank you all for the love and support.

https://www.gofundme.com/27t2bvg