Cessance Earring (Can I Have It?) (Sell?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Cessance Earring (Can I have it?) (Sell?)
Cessance Earring (Can I have it?) (Sell?)
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-15 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With the campaign going on, and the high-tier spamming that accompanies it, I'm in search of a Cessance Earring. It drops from Omega/Ultima 2.0 fight and I'm willing to pay 5,000,000G.

I don't expect anyone to go out of their way to get this earring for me, I'm simply asking for people that may be already making the trip to give me a holler should one drop and you don't need it. Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate it! :)
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-25 04:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Willing to pay 5M for Cessance Earring; Thank you!
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-25 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn no seller? At asura lotta people Including me would have took that offer.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 07:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That fight is a ***, though. Think I farmed mine on normals because of how annoying those TP moves are.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-25 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
That fight is a ***, though. Think I farmed mine on normals because of how annoying those TP moves are.

Same, his TP moves and counters screw my THF up horribly. I've thought of using my NIN but then I end up with no TH. I've gotten everything else to drop except for this damn earring! :P

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Damn no seller? At asura lotta people Including me would have took that offer.

Ragnarok = Too Weak
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep trying to do that fight on D/VD bolster idris geo (dualbox) but Hyper Pulse just *** you up if you survive everything else. Think I once had barrier and vex up and hyper pulse still did 2k+ damage to everyone, so I don't even know how to counter it without bringing SMN or BRD for EA/Scherzo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-25 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight isn't worth doing on VD imo, The long he stays alive, the bigger your chance of getting rocked with those silly tp moves.

You may be able to do it with run+geo duo on Diff, but yes, no TH (don't need it on Diff though). My RUN could reliably solo this fight no normal back when it was released in about 8 minutes (slow kill, but couldn't safely do the same fight on BLU because of sheer damage taken). Probably can do it faster now with /nin blink spam. There's no risk of death really, its just tough with no buffers. I imagine a BLU/nin using august for Omega is the best option, and fight it from behind so only August's attacks are countered. You can also use Ulmia for Scherzo, which will save your *** when needed. Ultima is a pushover and you can prepare for his bomb move easily.

Really just killing Omega as fast as possible is the real concern, but that's an issue in itself. This is one of the few VD fights I haven't beaten, simply because its so gimmicky. If he spams throat stab, its a pushover.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-25 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I keep trying to do that fight on D/VD bolster idris geo (dualbox) but Hyper Pulse just *** you up if you survive everything else. Think I once had barrier and vex up and hyper pulse still did 2k+ damage to everyone, so I don't even know how to counter it without bringing SMN or BRD for EA/Scherzo.

The only person that doesn't die is the PLD, everyone else including August gets obliterated haha. Wipes all my trusts out in a single move. Stingy little *** but I'll get my earring eventually! :)

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This fight isn't worth doing on VD imo, The long he stays alive, the bigger your chance of getting rocked with those silly tp moves.

You may be able to do it with run+geo duo on Diff, but yes, no TH (don't need it on Diff though). My RUN could reliably solo this fight no normal back when it was released in about 8 minutes (slow kill, but couldn't safely do the same fight on BLU because of sheer damage taken). Probably can do it faster now with /nin blink spam. There's no risk of death really, its just tough with no buffers. I imagine a BLU/nin using august for Omega is the best option, and fight it from behind so only August's attacks are countered. You can also use Ulmia for Scherzo, which will save your *** when needed. Ultima is a pushover and you can prepare for his bomb move easily.

Really just killing Omega as fast as possible is the real concern, but that's an issue in itself. This is one of the few VD fights I haven't beaten, simply because its so gimmicky. If he spams throat stab, its a pushover.

Oh, only rear attacks get countered?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-25 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what jobs you have, but I think RUN, BLU/NIN, or NIN/RUN are best suited for this to solo with trusts. Bring Amchuchu and/or Gessho if you're not RUN or NIN. Hyper Pulse is very potent Earth damage, which you can make significantly more manageable by using Flabra Valiance. August doesn't really offer anything for this fight.

Try to remain on Omega's backside so he won't counter (you'll need to reposition a lot); only those meleeing his face get countered. This works great if you're the tank because he'll try to spam Rear Lasers, which is a conal petrify (hitting only you and trusts will remove it immediately).

Below 25%, he pretty much exclusively uses Pile Pitch and that Shock Spikes/Magic Shield, so switch to Tellus. You won't have to worry about keeping him out of aoe range for trusts at this point because he won't use any. Sudden Lunge works very well on stunning him if you have enough magic accuracy, so BLU is very effective in keeping him under control below 25%.

Ultima is much more defensive, but the part where he spams Nuclear Waste, followed immediately by breath attacks, can be a pain. As RUN, use OFA and power through it. BLU could maybe stun it, dunno. Gessho is still great here. You may want to swap out Amchuchu for August, though. Ideally your trusts would tank it while you power through that phase, which is roughly from 66-33%.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-25 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeanpaul covered it, but he only appears to counter if you fight him from the front. I always would engage and immediately run around behind him, which helped split the tp moves and keep counter at a minimum.
[+]
 Asura.Fujilives
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-05-25 16:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of experience soloing this fight (and later duoing it to help an under-geared thief friend get gear he was after)

I recommend you simply Don't solo on D, fight is very fast / efficient to clear on N, but with trusts it can be a bit of a nightmare on D.

That being said... I've successfully solod on D as Blu (disclaimer: with trusts, during trust campaign), but it's not worth the hassle. For me this was really frustrating because I actually won D on my first solo attempt, knowing nothing about how difficult the 'D' fight could be, and thought "oh, this'll only get easier from here!"... I apparently was just very lucky, because I lost a handful of attempts afterwards before I finally got another D win, and then lost another handful before I gave up and went to Normal mode (A few is probably an understatement, I lost a shitload after that first win, no idea how I managed to pull it off so effortlessly the first go around). When I finally got another win later, my confidence went up and I kept doing more before I realized it's just to random / risky / time consuming and accepted my fate soloing spamming the N version.

What makes relying on trusts for this D fight so difficult (and what caused quite a few of my losses), is that the first few seconds need to go well to get positioning right; but it's out of your control for the most part. It can and will go horribly wrong if it decides to do a high damage aoe or cone attack to everyone before pro/shell are up. I had a few runs where 4 of 5 trust are down before I'd taken my first swing, so it can have some real BS openers.

After positioning is set up and pro/shell are up, for me it tended to get fairly smooth for the first 70% or so. I'd use saurian slide to lower attack as it seemed to help trust out with some of the AOE's it'd spam (honestly not sure if it even really did, or it just appeared to) since I didn't have a geo for barrier/wilt or anything fancy like that.

I found if you stun it below 50% hp, it barely lasts at all. If you stun it above 50% hp, it lasts quite a while (even through heavy damage). I recommend trying to save stun for right around 55%~60% hp and zerg it down as much as you can (On normal, when I was in Taeon, I could get it near-dead or dead using this method before it had a chance to enter 'freak out mode where it spams pile pitch non frickin stop).

Note on pile pitch: The move itself isn't too bad, it's the follow up attacks if you accidentally get hate back immediately after pile. If you see it pile pitch and you have an attack round coming up, you might want to turn early to stop yourself from accidentally killing yourself.

Second phase is much easier. You can still eat some high damage from nuclear waste -> whatever-other-move, but as long as you kill it quickly, erase the waste debuff, and ensure it's not facing trusts it's fairly easy. A big part of why second phase is easy is you can re-summon trusts, rebuff, etc - all kinds of time to prep for this second phase. Even if you are really unlucky on first phase, you can still wait on timers for MG or whatever you need to finish out second round clean/fast (had to do this a couple times after a re-raise from being stupid towards end of first phase) Note: You can summon moogle if you are resting MP at this point to restore MP faster, then swap back to normal trust when ready to fight.

I don't know if any of that helps, but that's the general idea of how I did things.

PS. Oh... and *** those *** spikes, as blu I turned and used sinker and other similar spells while spikes were up - did ***for dmg .... but at least it was dmg.

PSS. I've also done this on nuker solo using two tank trusts so pile pitch had somewhere to go that wasn't me. I've also done it with /drg sub in case I *** up and got hate in 2 tank setup, but because the hate reset is so frequent, it was pretty pointless, better to just turn and let it pile-pitch you, accomplishes mostly the same thing.

PSSS. Today, with gear improvements that are available, a standard Selket-Style solo setup would probably work fine, it's a really similar fight.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-25 16:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Not sure what jobs you have, but I think RUN, BLU/NIN, or NIN/RUN are best suited for this to solo with trusts. Bring Amchuchu and/or Gessho if you're not RUN or NIN. Hyper Pulse is very potent Earth damage, which you can make significantly more manageable by using Flabra Valiance. August doesn't really offer anything for this fight.

Try to remain on Omega's backside so he won't counter (you'll need to reposition a lot); only those meleeing his face get countered. This works great if you're the tank because he'll try to spam Rear Lasers, which is a conal petrify (hitting only you and trusts will remove it immediately).

Below 25%, he pretty much exclusively uses Pile Pitch and that Shock Spikes/Magic Shield, so switch to Tellus. You won't have to worry about keeping him out of aoe range for trusts at this point because he won't use any. Sudden Lunge works very well on stunning him if you have enough magic accuracy, so BLU is very effective in keeping him under control below 25%.

Ultima is much more defensive, but the part where he spams Nuclear Waste, followed immediately by breath attacks, can be a pain. As RUN, use OFA and power through it. BLU could maybe stun it, dunno. Gessho is still great here. You may want to swap out Amchuchu for August, though. Ideally your trusts would tank it while you power through that phase, which is roughly from 66-33%.

Earth damage, wonder if I went geo/whm for barstonra if it would be survivable by trusts then. I have little faith in Amchuchu using the right runes and valiance (I've seen her use Ignis or Gelus vs Marjami final boss). Then I wonder if thf/run could survive the other tp moves to survive with flabra/vallation. That'd give me TH and my fastest DD if it works, might try it sometime.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-25 16:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Thanks Jeanpaul! You've helped me many times on this forum, I truly appreciate it. :)

Asura.Fujilives said: »
I have a lot of experience soloing this fight (and later duoing it to help an under-geared thief friend get gear he was after)

I recommend you simply Don't solo on D, fight is very fast / efficient to clear on N, but with trusts it can be a bit of a nightmare on D.

That being said... I've successfully solod on D as Blu (disclaimer: with trusts, during trust campaign), but it's not worth the hassle. For me this was really frustrating because I actually won D on my first solo attempt, knowing nothing about how difficult the 'D' fight could be, and thought "oh, this'll only get easier from here!"... I apparently was just very lucky, because I lost a handful of attempts afterwards before I finally got another D win, and then lost another handful before I gave up and went to Normal mode (A few is probably an understatement, I lost a shitload after that first win, no idea how I managed to pull it off so effortlessly the first go around). When I finally got another win later, my confidence went up and I kept doing more before I realized it's just to random / risky / time consuming and accepted my fate soloing spamming the N version.

What makes relying on trusts for this D fight so difficult (and what caused quite a few of my losses), is that the first few seconds need to go well to get positioning right; but it's out of your control for the most part. It can and will go horribly wrong if it decides to do a high damage aoe or cone attack to everyone before pro/shell are up. I had a few runs where 4 of 5 trust are down before I'd taken my first swing, so it can have some real BS openers.

After positioning is set up and pro/shell are up, for me it tended to get fairly smooth for the first 70% or so. I'd use saurian slide to lower attack as it seemed to help trust out with some of the AOE's it'd spam (honestly not sure if it even really did, or it just appeared to) since I didn't have a geo for barrier/wilt or anything fancy like that.

I found if you stun it below 50% hp, it barely lasts at all. If you stun it above 50% hp, it lasts quite a while (even through heavy damage). I recommend trying to save stun for right around 55%~60% hp and zerg it down as much as you can (On normal, when I was in Taeon, I could get it near-dead or dead using this method before it had a chance to enter 'freak out mode where it spams pile pitch non frickin stop).

Note on pile pitch: The move itself isn't too bad, it's the follow up attacks if you accidentally get hate back immediately after pile. If you see it pile pitch and you have an attack round coming up, you might want to turn early to stop yourself from accidentally killing yourself.

Second phase is much easier. You can still eat some high damage from nuclear waste -> whatever-other-move, but as long as you kill it quickly, erase the waste debuff, and ensure it's not facing trusts it's fairly easy. A big part of why second phase is easy is you can re-summon trusts, rebuff, etc - all kinds of time to prep for this second phase. Even if you are really unlucky on first phase, you can still wait on timers for MG or whatever you need to finish out second round clean/fast (had to do this a couple times after a re-raise from being stupid towards end of first phase) Note: You can summon moogle if you are resting MP at this point to restore MP faster, then swap back to normal trust when ready to fight.

I don't know if any of that helps, but that's the general idea of how I did things.

PS. Oh... and *** those *** spikes, as blu I turned and used sinker and other similar spells while spikes were up - did ***for dmg .... but at least it was dmg.

PSS. I've also done this on nuker solo using two tank trusts so pile pitch had somewhere to go that wasn't me. I've also done it with /drg sub in case I *** up and got hate in 2 tank setup, but because the hate reset is so frequent, it was pretty pointless, better to just turn and let it pile-pitch you, accomplishes mostly the same thing.

PSSS. Today, with gear improvements that are available, a standard Selket-Style solo setup would probably work fine, it's a really similar fight.

Whenever I had the chance to have my brother help out on PLD is when I tried the Difficult, and he could stay alive, but we just didn't have enough power seeing as I'd would die incredibly quick. I honestly didn't even notice that only frontal hits could be countered so that'll help a lot. (Thanks Jean!) Really wish I had BLU leveled right about now that's for sure! Though, knowing how difficult, Difficult can be, I think I'll just go ahead and stick to Normal and spam it on Thief. Gonna see how smoothly it goes after learning what you guys mentioned and go from there. Thanks again! :D
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-05-25 17:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I been duoing D BLU/WAR GEO/RDM

Both eat tacos

Trsuts: Ulmia,Qultade,Apururu,Cherukiki

1st Phase
BoG Geo-barrier, indi fury (important to put down barrier before pull with dematerialize cause if he opens with hyper pulse you're fckd)

Always keep up Occulation and cocoon ALWAYS

Sudden lunge is broken
this is key seriously the stun lasts around 10seconds or more key to victory. Be prepared to magic fruit on pile pitch to get hate back immediately.

2nd Phase
wait for unbrid learning and MG yourself GEO indi-vex geo-attune entrust barrier its important to face him away from everyone

ezpz
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-29 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BUMP!!!
By Nocki 2016-05-29 20:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting for you to do 10m. It's not like you're short on gil since you're overcharging for the new +1 grips.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-29 20:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Overcharging because you can't afford it or overcharging because you don't want it bad enough?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-29 20:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one do you want, I'll give you a discount? :)
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-30 07:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

10 million for a easy to get Cessance earring? Lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-31 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BUMPY :)
By Nocki 2016-05-31 19:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

10 million for a easy to get Cessance earring? Lol
It's the Slyshen only discount +200%!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-01 18:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BUMP :)
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-01 18:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn man come to asura.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-02 19:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn man come to asura.

Tempting. :P
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-07 00:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No, this is not another bump. I have finally acquired this elusive earring! Thank you everybody and have a great night! :)
[+]