Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-20 11:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Tarquine said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.

Whats your secret for 2.1m/hr?

I keep seeing people say stuff like "LOL making teh gilz is easy" but few people actually share a method.

This is not true... efficient ways to farm gil has been on these forums all the time, at least I learned gil farm methods on forums mostly. But people just choose to ignore others advice and choose less efficient ways to farm gil.

For example, a few months ago when battle field campaign was on, it was easy to make way more than 2m/hr from VD battles. But I still see people solo salvage(the less efficient way) for gil to finish their AG.

A lot of times it's not that you can't make gil efficiently, but people choose the less efficient way...idk why though.

I like Salvage because it's relaxing. It's a lot less busy than Dynamis. Less warping around than Battlefield spam, no need for merit farm, and unlike VD battlefields (the only difficulty worth doing) there is absolutely no chance of death. You don't have to lug around another person or wait on them and can take a break whenever you please.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-20 11:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I like Salvage because it's relaxing. It's a lot less busy than Dynamis. Less warping around than Battlefield spam, no need for merit farm, and unlike VD battlefields (the only difficulty worth doing) there is absolutely no chance of death. You don't have to lug around another person or wait on them and can take a break whenever you please.

Now that Dynamis can be entered whenever with the KI, I find it more relaxing than it used to be. I don't feel the pressure of needing to be 100% optimal for the run because it's all I'll be able to do until the next day. I also don't have to worry about exiting for something like dinner since I can just enter again afterwards.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-20 11:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Now that Dynamis can be entered whenever with the KI, I find it more relaxing than it used to be. I don't feel the pressure of needing to be 100% optimal for the run because it's all I'll be able to do until the next day. I also don't have to worry about exiting for something like dinner since I can just enter again afterwards.

Yeah, Dynamis is worlds better now than before. And the whole trusts in Dynamis make it a lot more relaxing as well. It just gets a bit monotonous to me after a while. Spamming steps and switching monsters all the time is bleh. And finding that 5h TE always takes me like 15 mins lol
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-20 12:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.

No, it isn't. Also farming VW during campaign is one of the most effortless options.

Dynamis is around 1.25m/hr and Salvage is even less so at around 750k/hr judging by current prices in one of the most active servers. Reisenjima stones aren't worth farming for gil anymore. Last time I checked some people used to make 3m/hr but that was when they were selling for 100k/stack. Sparks? Nope.

Other than multiboxing things like delve for selling mats or selling clears/drops (which can't be done all the time), is there some super secret farming method to net 2m/hr that I have unheard of?

Fern stones are still well over 100k a stack on some servers, and the NM that drops them can be soloed in 2 min. Although idk why it's only 40k a stack on bahamut :/

In fact, it is even worse. Fern stones go as low as 10k/stack at times. Taupe are usually 30-40k, pellucid are 40-50k.

Regardless, let's assume you are the absolute best and farm 50 stacks in an hour (I used to farm 20~ stack/hour but let's assume I was total crap). Good luck selling all those stones in a reasonable amount of time, without cutting prices even. You also spend a good amount of time carrying pop items to Reisenjima and running back and forth for every single pop.

Quote:
Dyna is definitely more than 1.25m/hr. Bronzepieces are 400k-500k a stack, if you pick your time entering you should be able to farm 2 stacks, plus other types of currency.

I assumed 500 coins per run and average coin price of 5k across all types. Math seems right to me.

Quote:
You pretty much listed most of the major gil methods, it's just that you can make more gil than you think using these methods. For example you actually don't need to multi box delve to hit 2m/hr. 4 kamir runs can be done in an hr for 360k plasm, if pelt drop and you convert plasma to gil, it's roughly 2m/hr as well.

Good luck at convincing not 1 but 2 people to let you enter delve every fifteen minutes. Also, 15 minutes for a full Kamihr clear? I think that is a massive exaggaration. If you could manage that, more power to you. Even if I was able to enter solo and mindlessly kill every NM including boss without doing anything other than spamming CDC, it would still take me longer than 15 minutes.

Quote:
If you want to argue that VW is easier because you can just stand there alt tabbing YouTube video, then I'd agree. But theres no need to act as if it's the end of the world once campaigns over.

It is easier because it is nothing more than a mindless WS spam as long as you use as many displacers as you need, not because I can alt tab to YouTube. How could I do that anyway? They don't kill themselves.

Quote:
Also to explain things more clearly, one of the post above suggests people do vw over gearing up jobs. While I'm not saying you shouldn't do vw at all, I still think it's not a good thing to advocate people not to gear up jobs. Because once you got a useful job gear up, you get way more options to farm gil that makes 2m/hr or more. On the other hand, if you only do VW but not gear up jobs, what are you gonna do once the campaigns over?

If a someone needs the gil to gear your job, suggesting them to do VW first is totally fine, because it requires almost nothing to walk over it during the campaign. It is nowhere near spaming Reisenjima T1 in two minutes or doing several delve runs in an hour etc. Generally speaking, if you were already at that level, you would actually need less and less gil unless you were shooting for another REM or hq abjurations.

Edit: To anyone suggesting WoE during the campaign; unfortunately there is usually very little interest in it outside certain times. NA/EU were never as much into it as JP, so that isn't really a reliable option either.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-20 13:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it isn't. Also farming VW during campaign is one of the most effortless options.

Dynamis is around 1.25m/hr and Salvage is even less so at around 750k/hr judging by current prices in one of the most active servers. Reisenjima stones aren't worth farming for gil anymore. Last time I checked some people used to make 3m/hr but that was when they were selling for 100k/stack. Sparks? Nope.

Other than multiboxing things like delve for selling mats or selling clears/drops (which can't be done all the time), is there some super secret farming method to net 2m/hr that I have unheard of?

Fern stones are still well over 100k a stack on some servers, and the NM that drops them can be soloed in 2 min. Although idk why it's only 40k a stack on bahamut :/

In fact, it is even worse. Fern stones go as low as 10k/stack at times. Taupe are usually 30-40k, pellucid are 40-50k.

Regardless, let's assume you are the absolute best and farm 50 stacks in an hour (I used to farm 20~ stack/hour but let's assume I was total crap). Good luck selling all those stones in a reasonable amount of time, without cutting prices even. You also spend a good amount of time carrying pop items to Reisenjima and running back and forth for every single pop.

Quote:
Dyna is definitely more than 1.25m/hr. Bronzepieces are 400k-500k a stack, if you pick your time entering you should be able to farm 2 stacks, plus other types of currency.

I assumed 500 coins per run and average coin price of 5k across all types. Math seems right to me.

Quote:
You pretty much listed most of the major gil methods, it's just that you can make more gil than you think using these methods. For example you actually don't need to multi box delve to hit 2m/hr. 4 kamir runs can be done in an hr for 360k plasm, if pelt drop and you convert plasma to gil, it's roughly 2m/hr as well.

Good luck at convincing not 1 but 2 people to let you enter delve every fifteen minutes. Also, 15 minutes for a full Kamihr clear? I think that is a massive exaggaration. If you could manage that, more power to you. Even if I was able to enter solo and mindlessly kill every NM including boss without doing anything other than spamming CDC, it would still take me longer than 15 minutes.

Quote:
If you want to argue that VW is easier because you can just stand there alt tabbing YouTube video, then I'd agree. But theres no need to act as if it's the end of the world once campaigns over.

It is easier because it is nothing more than a mindless WS spam as long as you use as many displacers as you need, not because I can alt tab to YouTube. How could I do that anyway? They don't kill themselves.

Quote:
Also to explain things more clearly, one of the post above suggests people do vw over gearing up jobs. While I'm not saying you shouldn't do vw at all, I still think it's not a good thing to advocate people not to gear up jobs. Because once you got a useful job gear up, you get way more options to farm gil that makes 2m/hr or more. On the other hand, if you only do VW but not gear up jobs, what are you gonna do once the campaigns over?

If a someone needs the gil to gear your job, suggesting them to do VW first is totally fine, because it requires almost nothing to walk over it during the campaign. It is nowhere near spaming Reisenjima T1 in two minutes or doing several delve runs in an hour etc. Generally speaking, if you were already at that level, you would actually need less and less gil unless you were shooting for another REM or hq abjurations.

Edit: To anyone suggesting WoE during the campaign; unfortunately there is usually very little interest in it outside certain times. NA/EU were never as much into it as JP, so that isn't really a reliable option either.

I guess fern stones just doesn't work on your server then, because it's listed as selling "very fast" in some servers and with your speed 20 stacks/hr that worth 2m already. Also you don't need to run back to town for pops, just bring several pops a run.

When I mention kamir, I didn't mean solo. You can just go with 3 and have people alternate lead to save your time. With 2 people or more, less than 15 min a run is very doable.

If you suggest VW because it's relaxing and easy, I'd agree it's a good choice. But it's definitely not the most efficient gil making method ever exist.

And yes regardless of your gear lv you always need gil in this game lol. Can't live without money!
By krystale4 2016-04-20 16:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Verda 2016-04-20 17:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest reason for that is price fixing. For some reason some group decided to price fix the stones market on bahamut. It kept being spammed to have the price as 10k or even 20k but if you'd actually try to buy a stack for that, they'd still be 90 or even 100k after buying 1-2 stacks. Someone would then price fix if you bought too many at market value. Essentially getting people who don't know better to list their stones at a lower price, buying those, then reselling at a high price later. Possibly on other servers after having amassed them. I actually made gil off just buying a few at low prices and relisting at market price a few times but felt bad about it and just found better ways to make gil.

Gilmaking always really interested me so got a lot to add to the topic.

VW if you have 3 chars is really good gil, not just because you multiply profit but because you make the law of averages work better, one char might have cruddy luck and 0-1 pouches or something after 100 kills, but another will have 3, and another 6 so it works out. As always though if you think ahead of the market rather than follow it you're gonna end up with a ton more gil, and the people that are ahead of the market won't usually share their insights b/c then they aren't ahead of the market anymore and the market is always changing so these periods usually don't last long as is.

Dynamis you can push over 700 coins a run now, if you on a good job for it can do even more than that. Using right trusts helps a lot. The most I ever heard of was before trusts though, dualboxing a DNC with no sub to proc, and a thf/dnc to finish off and kill they said they could average 1200 a run but it must've been grueling b/c they won't step foot in the place now.

Salvage I hear the people that actually farm it efficiently tribox or dualbox bst, in different instances, at the same time, and just run to bosses after unlocking a few key pieces, for linens. You can do 3 runs an hour that way if you stack KI, but I've never done it. I have just ran through silver sea in 15 mins on smn to get a linen though, even then I just can't find it in my to salvage oh well :/ 75 average, x3 at once, x3 an hour would be 3.7 mil.

Unfortunately, having mule accounts is really the best way to make gil in most events besides dynamis and farming reisen stones and if you good at multiboxing there's benefits even then.

Sparks farming gets you more sparks, salvage you can do multiple instances if you good at multiboxing, skirmish mules can just sit there really, mog gardens can do multiple per day, coalitions multiple per day, VW just have them open a box and control inventory, WoE and WKR just need to participate some, Ambuscade as long as you can win with deadweights and deal with zoning multiple chars all the time you multiply your hallmarks, BCNM you get more personal spoils.

A lot of end game players end up with 2 or 3 accounts for this reason, and then in turn end up spending a lot of that on their mules, but it still gives them more gil to throw in one direction if they want to. I don't like multiboxing it's tedious, and I don't like starting over on a new char. But if you want to talk about how to make the best gil, multiple accounts is and as far as I know has always been a way to make a lot of gil, it takes preparation and is a huge pain in the butt, but there you go. SE probably loves this too, because it makes one person purchase multiple accounts, and I don't see it ever being outlawed or anything unless those ppl are botting in which case they are usually banned. Even before windower, people would multibox it's as old as MMO's itself. I remember seeing one shot of a person who used to multibox 6 characters, using a ps2, an xbox and 4 computers.

Anyway >.> Long post but if you want to make more than 2.1 mil an hour you can, and I agree with vine it's not exactly easy to get to point on one char that you can easily make 2.1 mil an hour but you can get there. To make more it just takes multiple accounts and a lot of prior investment in some cases on them. The only other ways I know is to be a godlike crafter, good with micro economies and playing the market, be good at making deals on rare items, or be a mercenary and withstand the gauntlet of community vitriol that entails. Though to be fair, being a wealthy crafter gets its share of hate too, especially if you break a market for others like what happened with the kuposhield.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-21 03:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so sick of price fixers. You can never trust AH history with those d*heads around. That is the main reason I stopped farming stones. I can never decide at what price I can sell them at a reasonable pace. Why would I farm dozens of sacks of each type if I am forced to stockpile them? Whenever I pop sacks to put some on AH, I find out that the prices are all over the place. Then I am like "f* that, I am going back to salvage". At least I DO know I can sell alex 5.5k~6k and I prefer ease of mind for a bit less gil over grinding my teeth in anger.

Why do I see Bruce Willis before I see Nicolas Cage there? It looks like a chimera with the head of an eagle, Willis' forehead and eyes, Cage's mouth and chin o.O
[+]
By krystale4 2016-04-22 18:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do I see Bruce Willis before I see Nicolas Cage there? It looks like a chimera with the head of an eagle, Willis' forehead and eyes, Cage's mouth and chin o.O
Because SE Hates you. haha
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [248 days between previous and next post]
By krystale4 2016-12-26 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyway we could get a nice Tier'd progression guide? Like what you do when you first hit 99, then sucessive gear tiers? Kinda like the other jobs do on here. I tried sorting through the partheon guide, but its a bunch of i do this, then 10 people say its not the right way to do it.
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2016-12-26 17:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

tried https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel ?
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-26 21:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a guide so much as a list, but I suppose I can post this yet again:

• Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish

• Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary

• Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs, Ambuscade, maybe Omen

• High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies): Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs, generally level 140ish content, all content listed above on hardest difficulties/full clears

• The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), the 7 HELM NMs in Reisenjima, Tumult Curator (super Pandemonium Warden), Master Quests, fighting me in Ballista

With support, you do have the option of skipping a few steps if you really want to, though you'd basically just be sitting on the side lines and collecting gear. Arguably, it's more important that you re-acclimate yourself to the game's world and mechanics, which helps you beyond understanding what gear to get, and into understanding why you'd want it.

edit: oh, I posted this on the first page. Oh well. I could get into more detail of each though.
[+]