Question About Armageddon And Ranger

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Question about Armageddon and Ranger
Question about Armageddon and Ranger
By Lariae 2016-02-16 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at an impasse as far as what I want to do.. I have lv 85 Armageddon that I used when I played Corsair, and I want to do one of three things this time around on FFXI

A: Play ranger, Upgrade a relic - Possibly play Cor as well
B: Continue playing PUP, make KKK
C: Play Geo (Less want to do this.. Still bad taste in my mouth from making Horn/Harp on bard and basically being tossed aside.)

How gimped is a ranger using Wildfire with Armageddon? I ask because If I were to finish this, it has the obvious advantage of being usable by corsair as well.

Is it something that you would use wildfire to get the after math, and then use Leaden Salute until the aftermath wears?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-16 12:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone knows how much of your playtime is solo versus grouped or what your time split is on those jobs.
The reality is you will most likely do a mix of A, B, and C to some amount because that is what it takes to stay interested in the game, be a useful participant in party content, and meet your goals.

I have an afterglowed armageddon and I play ranger and cor and love it.

On ranger I build 3k tp for aftermath and then mainly do last stand/trueflight/wildfire depending on the skillchain needs and elemental weakness of the target.

On corsair, nearly the same thing, ride AM3 then pop triple shot for tp phase and its a mix of leaden/wildfire/last stand.

since the update all i've mostly been using for at the moment is to close darkness sc while on corsair so black mages can magic burst things (Garuda VD) to death.
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-16 12:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Last update made Armageddon extremely viable for both cor and rng
It offers both Ranged Accuracy (that 50 AGI is HUGE, plus dispenses +35 racc bullets) and strong WSs, as all the 4 viable gun WSs use agi as their secondary attribute (Wildfire, Trueflight, Leaden Salute, Last Stand). The ODT is very nice too, but i wouldnt bother building 3000tp for WF, since ranged tp phase is a joke compared to melee's.

KKK didnt gain much from this update, but pup jse H2H got boosted IMMENSELY, so you can consider that over KKK.

Level GEO anyway because it'll let you join end-game events while you're still gearing your DD jobs.
By Lariae 2016-02-16 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly I play pup for solo content, like farming alexandrite for example. Prior to leaving I had bard on one account leveled and corsair on the other (the one i've reactivated) to do group content with. So really It would be more so having PUP for solo stuff, COR for Group, and RNG for that odd time when I'm needed as a DD instead.